Tell me about Garden Grove @ Swan

Schneewittchen

Original Poster
We're going to WDW in November for a long weekend to celebrate my son's 8th birthday. Originally, I'd reserved dinners at Flying Fish, Le Cellier and the Wave. At some point this weekend, I realized this trip is for my son, not me. So I cancelled Flying Fish and got a reservation for Garden Grove instead - because characters. I don't see any posts about this restaurant that are less than 2 years old....

Anyway, we're having dinner at Garden Grove on a buffet night. How is the food these days? Which characters should be expect to see?

WDW_Jon

The seafood buffet night is always pretty good from experience. Not as much choice as your average Disney character buffet but still a good selection.
They usually have goofy, Pluto, chip and dale for the characters...

The best thing is this place is never crowded as isn't hugely popular due to location and the people who get upset the Swolphin isn't 'officially' Disney so we got about 3 different visits from the characters last time we were there.

Nice and relaxing, good food with characters thrown in... enjoy!

Hockey89

We're going to WDW in November for a long weekend to celebrate my son's 8th birthday. Originally, I'd reserved dinners at Flying Fish, Le Cellier and the Wave. At some point this weekend, I realized this trip is for my son, not me. So I cancelled Flying Fish and got a reservation for Garden Grove instead - because characters. I don't see any posts about this restaurant that are less than 2 years old....

Anyway, we're having dinner at Garden Grove on a buffet night. How is the food these days? Which characters should be expect to see?
Frankly it isn't busy because it's not that good.... I definitely would have kept Flying Fish Café.

WDW_Jon

Harsh, can't compare Flying fish to a character buffet for one, and it isn't bad at all. Decent quality but not 250 choices like many seem to require at a buffet on here

jmrdv

We ate at this buffet this spring. The food was bland, the food area kept running out of food and the service was HORRIBLE. We will never return to this place again.

Le Cellier used to be one of our favorites and indeed we tried it again this past visit when we were there with friends. It has again changed for the worse. What used to be a Superior place is now nothing more than a tourist trap. What especially irked us was that the food was initially blood rare ( we asked for medium well) and then when replaced came out burnt beyond belief. By then the others were done eating so I did not try it a 3rd time and then we had to debate the check.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom