Tell me about April

ELG13

We went once several years ago for a quick weekend trip for our daughters bday and it was great. Obviously a lot has changed. If it was a NORMAL April...pre covid....what would I look for? Spring breaks and what?? Is that when all of those teams go for competition? I assume most of that will not be happening but I would rather operate under the assumption they will so I'm not surprised by it later. We are currently booked for May but last year we barely missed my daughter's end of the year testing so I'm trying to avoid it all together this time. Thanks!!

JIMINYCR

Our April trips have been very enjoyable. Weve purposely arranged to go outside of the Spring breaks to avoid the worst of the crowds. Temps are comfortable, mid 80s... not bad for rain. The F&G event is going on with food booths and the Garden concerts were fun to take in when they were playing and you can hit on a day your fav band or artist was playing during the week. Weekends are busier at EP with locals coming in. April or May trips have been ones weve enjoyed. We are going in May 2021.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The later the better, and avoid Easter. Spring breaks are more in March these days, but some trickle into the first week or two of April as well. Spring break crowds never bothered me though, but they can make flights extremely expensive. If you have access to multiple airports, fly out of the one that doesn't have spring break that week. In other words, if I'm flying during Connecticut's spring break, I'll fly out of Providence. If I'm flying during Rhode Island's spring break, I'll fly out of Hartford.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Our April trips have been very enjoyable. Weve purposely arranged to go outside of the Spring breaks to avoid the worst of the crowds. Temps are comfortable, mid 80s... not bad for rain. The F&G event is going on with food booths and the Garden concerts were fun to take in when they were playing and you can hit on a day your fav band or artist was playing during the week. Weekends are busier at EP with locals coming in. April or May trips have been ones weve enjoyed. We are going in May 2021.
We definitely will plan around spring break as best we can. I'm the mom that pulls the kids out for vacation specifically to avoid those crowds 😂😬. I figure 2021 spring break may be a little crazy. By then everyone will be ready for vacation and even if it's not totally back to normal, hopefully it will be less scary to go out. I'm really hoping masks are done with by then. We may not be able to make the trip otherwise. We usually go in Sept/Oct but we were supposed to go inn may for the first time this year but obviously that didn't happen.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
The later the better, and avoid Easter. Spring breaks are more in March these days, but some trickle into the first week or two of April as well. Spring break crowds never bothered me though, but they can make flights extremely expensive. If you have access to multiple airports, fly out of the one that doesn't have spring break that week. In other words, if I'm flying during Connecticut's spring break, I'll fly out of Providence. If I'm flying during Rhode Island's spring break, I'll fly out of Hartford.
We are Florida residents luckily so no worry about flying. I have looked into it before though. I'm not very fond of road trip and 6.5 hrs is my breaking point these days 😂

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Depends on when you go.
If you're going the week before or after Easter then in a normal world its high crowds but not like it would be between Christmas and NYE.
Weather is pretty great in April.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Easter falls on April 4 next year so, if you're not in for Easter festivities, best to avoid that week. Otherwise, March-April is a great time to go. Great weather and fewer crowds. I suspect that attendance will still be below normal post COVID.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
Easter falls on April 4 next year so, if you're not in for Easter festivities, best to avoid that week. Otherwise, March-April is a great time to go. Great weather and fewer crowds. I suspect that attendance will still be below normal post COVID.
That's what Im hoping for. If not it's ok but just in general I try and plan our trips during lower crowds.

Upvote 0

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If you live in Florida you know this already, but you can have some bad luck in April and get some scorching heat, similar to October. I distinctly remember April 12 one year, absolutely frying in the sun during Festival of Fantasy.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
If you live in Florida you know this already, but you can have some bad luck in April and get some scorching heat, similar to October. I distinctly remember April 12 one year, absolutely frying in the sun during Festival of Fantasy.
Yeah we've had some bitter cold in April where I live and we've been in shorts and t-shirts for Christmas. It's a crap shoot!

Upvote 0

Nottamus

We do April and November every year...except this one...

just have to avoid Easter week, as stated many times above

the few times we went the week after Easter week were great! Lower crowds. Your mileage may vary..

Upvote 0

John park hopper

We did end of April into May first time the weather was perfect cool low humidity, no rain and crowds during the week were low perfect trip. Second time same dates, crowds were low during the week but the temps were in the low to mid 90's and high humidity. Just don't know about FL weather

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom