Teens at Disney

mattravels

Original Poster
OK...I've heard WAY too much about how "annoying?" teens are in Disney. People, NOT ALL, teens are the same! Obnoxious teens are the same as Obnoxious adults. I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything but I just read one post to a thread that upset me. Pretty much they think teens aren't sophisticated enough to be at Disney? I BEG to differ. We'll be the adults some day bringing our children to Disney. JUST THINK next time you say something putting down the teen age group on this site. Thank you.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.

Any more comments on Teens in Disney would be appreciated and welcomed to explain to me WHY it is people think TEENAGERS do NOT belond at DISNEY!!

P.S. I'M LEAVING TOMORROW!!! YAY!!!:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

Being a teenager, I share some of your feelings, but I'm not sure the tone of your post will really help the opinions others have of teens...

monorail256

I see it both ways. As a teen myself, I enjoy going to Disney but I do it in a respectable manor. I do not go around Disney screaming at the top of my lungs or being obnoxious. The people on this site have reasons behind what they say because they have experianced obnoxious teens at Disney. I think that its just a natural teen phase. Kids act normal around their parents but when they are around their peers they.. become wild. Not all are like this though. I think that we as pre-adults should be responisble and well manored when we go into the public, especially in a place like Walt Disney World where all types of races and ages come to play.

Im not really sure if this thread will get ugly or not, and I hope it doesnt.. I didnt mean to offend anyone by saying any of this (and I dont know how I could have) but just so you know :animwink:

Hawk

Been to WDW twice, and have experienced good and bad in a lot of different ages, races, sexes, nationalities, i guess it is part and parcel of a world famous attraction, it does attract anyone, good or bad.

Sir Hiss527

As a teenager, when I go to Disney, I act mature in a excited way.:king:. But when I see teens out there doing stupid things, I just sit back, and laugh.:lol:. Also teens have just as much right to be out there, then adults. It's just when they act stupid:hammer:, it makes me mad.:mad:

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear":king:

WDWJunkie

Banned
From what I've observed of teens who roam the Disney parks, they're usually the ones with the most foul mouths, shouting out extremely vulgar phrases and doing the most obnoxious things in order to impress one another, or members of the opposite ______ who may be in their vicinity. This isn't being down on ALL teens, but just the more immature ones.

wizard12

I don't like not being trusted and other things like that. It annoys me because mroe than half of all teens aren't that obnoxious. Disney is a place for all ages/genders. You can't stop many people from being stereotypical though. That's one thing I don't like about being a teen.

The_CEO

Originally posted by mattravels
OK...I've heard WAY too much about how "annoying?" teens are in Disney. People, NOT ALL, teens are the same! Obnoxious teens are the same as Obnoxious adults. I'm sorry if I sound mean or anything but I just read one post to a thread that upset me. Pretty much they think teens aren't sophisticated enough to be at Disney? I BEG to differ. We'll be the adults some day bringing our children to Disney. JUST THINK next time you say something putting down the teen age group on this site. Thank you.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone.

Any more comments on Teens in Disney would be appreciated and welcomed to explain to me WHY it is people think TEENAGERS do NOT belond at DISNEY!!

P.S. I'M LEAVING TOMORROW!!! YAY!!!:sohappy:

These people need to chill.. If THEY dont like us going. Then they dont need to go. I have never heard anyone complain, but i see where your coming from. Disney is for everyone. Not just the love-birds nextdoor.:)

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
yall are all right. it makes me crazy sometimes. teens can be stupid and immature but so can adults...i dont like hearing teens fouls mouthes either it eats me...but my friends have told me i am shetlered..so the foul mothes really bother me. but i have seen more stupid parents/nonteens than i have teens

but disney is a place for all ages so we are all just going to have to deal. and thats okay...disney is a happy place not a perfect place.

off subject : u know how u feel after u've spent most..or at least part of the day crying and u take a nap and kind of feel serene...thats how i feel now..almost like after it just rained. i am waiting for a friend to call...i dont know how everything i said sounded so if i was rude i am sorry

dizpins14

As a teenager, and being a Disney fan, I love going to Disney World for two reasons....one: being at Disney World. two: picking up girls who are also Disney fans. It's the best of both worlds.

Goofster

allright, I'm a teen, too, and I think it seems like it's mostly teens looking at this thread, but I think to go to disney world and really enjoy yourself, you can't worry about being cool or impressing other people, you just have to let yourself go and be swept up in the magic that is Disney World. Some teenagers think they're too cool for disney, and they dont want to open up and have a good time. These are the people who are gonna be obnoxious, annoying, swearing, etc. Now, if these would just not worry about being 'cool' and overcome the stereotype that is Disney, they would really enjoy themselves at the parks and love every minute of it, and they would also realize they can have fun without being vulgar or whatever, and they would realize there are families around who just want to have a magical vacation away from the world we live in, and they would respect the people around them, but still have a good time.

Well, i hope that at least made a little sense..

Katherine

I'm a teen and just like anyone else there are some really annoying and obnoxious teens out there. I think your right goofster! This happened to my brother but he knows now(and so do we)that he loves disney(he's not a fanatic but he really enjoys it deep down)he just doesn't show it. I just wish teens would stop being so "adult"(act like there to old, good, ect. for WDW)and just have fun!

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
goofster u are so right:) i think we are all right. i wish adults would reply to this thread. i would be curious to hear...read what they have to say...but it's very cool just having it be teens

mattravels

Original Poster
This is pretty cool! A THREAD FOR TEENS TO EXPRESS OUR VIEWS AND NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING MEAN TO US YET!!! YAY!!!! I gotta give it to the adults at this site. They really do listen to us...some...MOST! I will admit sometimes I CAN have a fowel mouth ANYWHERE! I TOTALLY AGREE with the statement made that teens act so much more different around their parents than peers! I know I do. I'm WILD, OBNOXIOUS, AND FUN when I'm around my peers. I'm forced to shut up and stuff around my family. Oh well. I think Teens have as much right to walk around Disney and enjoy it in their way to enjoy it as long as they don't hurt anyone, ya know? I LOVE DISNEY, I probably expierence different than others, I like to run, go wild, hang out with friends, ride the rides. I might become one of those obnoxious teens that people look at and say..."WHAT AN IDIOT! I WISH THEY WOULD THROW HIM OUT OF THE PARK"...but just admit it! Adults acted like that at one point, unless they skipped a life phase! I'm having FUN, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS! Walt designed Disney to suit EVERYONE'S needs! I enjoy disney MY way and NO one will stop me! HEHEHEHE!!! GO EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD FOR NOT FIGHTING OR ANYTHING!!!! THIS IS GREAT!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

dizpins14

I know there have been threads before about how little children shouldn't really go to Disney World because they are annoying, so who should Disney let in?!?!? I know it's aggrevating when there are teens being annoying or there are little children whinning, but was Disney World made for people to sit around and relax the whole time? It was made for having fun!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

BenS

I agree. Some adults think that they're the only one's who matter. On my last trip there was a 50 minute wait for Jungle Cruise. I just exclaimed "50 minutes!?" and some old woman shot me a nasty look. What was her problem? She just thought that because of my age I must be "immaturely overeacting."

rokcandy

I've noticed that sometimes the senior CMs won't be as friendly to me as they are to my lil sis and parents, and it must be because people put me in that stereotypical catagory for the 'rebellious teen.' Maybe I'm just over-analyzing, but really, I'm one of the quietest people - when I go to WDW, I'm just a lil girl w/ a silly and large grin on her face...18-yrs old or not. So please don't stick me w/ the nutsos...stick the nutsos w/ the nutsos. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom