Teary moments at Disney

Walt Disney1955

Haven't shed a tear since my wedding day in 2008 and that includes my son being born. So I am probably not made for this thread. But despite the stigma I have of being a "man's man" I am still very sentimental and can appreciate a moment that is meant for tears. I will say this, I will always get goosebumps while on Small World. Always.

Jane Whalebones

I get BIG crocodile tears everytime I meet Mickey!:) My daughter and husband seem to think its funny...they just dont understand that I was unable to visit WDW as a child...So Im just a BIG kid with tears in my eyes.:D But we all get teary eyed when we enter the Magic Kingdom and pass under the tunnel and see the castle for the first time...AGAIN!:)

dopeylover

I cried on our Honeymoon when my husband walked into MK for the first time. I cried when we brought our little girl for the first time, she was 11 months old and practically crawling on top of people to kiss Mickey. I cried about once a day on her first trip. I cry just thinking about how excited she will be on our 2013 trip. Can you tell I'm a crier? ;)

LithiumBill

We took our kids for the first time in 2010, my youngest girl is infatuated with JESSIE from Toy Story, and after meeting Buzz and Woody, she was upset that we never saw Jessie. Well during the parade at DHS Jessie and Bullseye are in the parade. My daughter was wearing her Jessie T-shirt that day, and I swear "JESSIE" from across the street, and about 30 yards away spotted my red-headed kiddo wearing her shirt. Well "JESSIE" makes a b-line straight to her, and puts her arms out for a big huge hug, and gives it to her. Bullseye came over and joined the hug, and my daughter was in heaven. She turns to me and says "Jessie, saw me, she love me!"

I caught the whole thing on video. And upon watching the video you can hear me sobbing... ;)
kate01.png

kate02.png

ml123_9

I wouldn't say I "cried", but definately got misty eyed at least 3 times during our last visit in September 2011. My DS, who is 6, has CP and cannot walk yet on his own, so our first night on property we went to Chef Mickey's for dinner. The characters there are great, Donald and Pluto both realized pretty quickly that DS was using the chairs and table to help get to the characters, Donald helped him walk out into the aisle and got down on the floor with him and played and also helped him stand up for pictures, then walked him back to his seat. Pluto pretty much did the same thing, they were both on the floor and Pluto, doing what a dog does, was down with him and wanting to be petted. They both had a lot of fun, then Pluto helped walk him back to his seat. That was very touching that two complete strangers, would go out of their way to make one child's visit all the more special.

That wast misty eyed moment one, the second was when we met Mickey and Minnie at MK. We had my son's walker with us just for this moment, normally he's in the stroller with little sis. Seeing him walk to Mickey and Minnie with the biggest smile on his face, my wife and I both started to lose it there, then after the visit, a random cast member opened a door and led us into the Princess room where we became the next ones to meet the Princesse's. They were all wonderful and were down on the floor with him, and they all adored him. He loved all the attention that was given to him by the three princesses.

Now finally misty eyed moment three, our last night at MK watching Wishes. Our son doesn't really pay that much attention to the fireworks, but at the very end, out of nowhere, sang along with the soundtrack "And all our wishes, will come true". That was it right there, never said a peep through the whole show, and at that moment, I lost it.

Mkgoulden

I cried the year my DH & I took my Mom to WDW. She is my best friend, and before I became a Mom I wanted to do something for her...now she is addicted as well :D

kings&giants

Although I always have tears in my eyes when I walk into the Magic Kingdom for the 1st time of a trip or I see one of my sons enjoying a special moment, my most teary moment doesn't involve me or my family directly.
It happened on a family trip when I was 12. These were the days before you lined up in a orderly fashion to greet the characters and there was a mob around Mickey. Everyone trying there best to get up close. From somewhere in the pack I heard "hi Mickey, there is someone special here to see you" when I turned to look there was a child with a severe disability trying to make his way through supported by his mom and dad. Mickey stopped and made a space for him to get through. The look on the child's face when he was able to give Mickey a big hug was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I tear up every time I think of it, including now.

Parades and fireworks do nothing for me in the emotions department. I like to see my kids enjoying themselves, but it's never brought the tears. But every time I watch "One Man's Dream," the kleenex comes out.

stevehousse

We went to Disney about 6 months after my mom had lost her battle with cancer. My parents divorced at an early age and my mom always took us to Disney, it was her favorite vacation spot. Well watching the msep at mk that year made me cry. That was always both out favorite show and it made me very sad to be watching it without her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom