Teary moments at Disney

DisneyOtaku91

Original Poster
It was during my birthday trip in 2009. We spent half of the time in the Studios and the remainder of the day was spent at Magic Kingdom. During the evening time, we saw the SpectroMagic parade (it was my first time seeing it) and during the last few minutes of the parade I started getting overwhelming tears of joy and nostalgia of the Disney I knew and loved when I was younger was coming back! And everytime I hear the SpectroMagic theme, I always think of my birthday!

So what are your teary moments at the parks?

I sobbed uncontrollably when my son met Mickey for the first time. He was 22 months and when he saw Mickey and Minnie for the first time, his eyes widened and he cried out 'hello Mickey Mouse' at the top of his lungs. Waiting in line for the family n front to have their time was agony for him. We visited 4 times that trip!

Blueskyze

Mine was last summer - my son's first trip, and he was 5 years old. After the afternoon parade, he turned to me and said "Mommy, all my dreams came true". It was a good thing I was wearing sunglasses! My son is adopted, so for me, HE is a dream come true. To be standing there with him, in the middle of the Magic Kingdom, and have that moment - it was pretty much the greatest thing ever. I still get teary every time I think about it.

swissamy

When I was in the Disney Jr show with my first child who was so desperately wanted (after years of looking for a + on a little stick) and I could finally sit there and watch my precious little one (who will soon turn 13) jump and catch bubbles. The joy of the feeling of FINALLY being a Mommy that day still makes me cry!

cetta28

My first trip with my now Husband was in May 2009 and we were at DHS. I was 22 at the time but I loved the High School Muscial movies. When the HSM show came around, I was standing right there singing all the words. During the show one of the CM's took me up to dance. It was the best time ever! They gave me a star dazzle award pin and as soon as I got back to my DH I started to cry uncontrollably. I was just so happy and excited and full of emotion that I couldn't stop! I called my mom to tell her but I was crying so hard that she couldn't understand what I was saying, so my DH had to talk for me. It's totally embarassing but I don't regret it because crying happy tears is what Disney is all about. We leave for our second trip together in 17 days and I am sure I will cry happy tears again.

righttrack

Of course seeing WDW through my kids eyes. Also, I went to WDW as a child and my wife never did. When we first went, with our children, seeing my wife's reaction was just amazing. All of these years she had considered it to be just another amusement park. When she saw what it was, with her own eyes, when she saw, main street and the castle, she was just overwhelmed. It made me very emotional because for over 30 years, she had been deprived and I had given her this wonderful experience she should have had as a child. Well at least she enjoyed it (and still does!) with child-like abandon.

powlessfamily4

Talk about a teary moment! My husband and I were never able to take our children to Disney when they were young children. Unfortunately we bought into the myth of it was too expensive. (I have since been educated) Because of this, the first time I took my kids to Disney they were well into their teens. It was evening time at MK on our first day there. It was closing in on the time for fireworks to start so my husband and I decided to grab a ride on Splash Mountain with my nieces. My daughter ( I believe she was 18) not being a thrill rider hung back with my brother and his wife. (Both HUGE WDW goers). So the story goes...... the light parade was in full bloom and my brother looks over and my daughter is crying almost uncontrollably. A CM approaches her and asks her if she is okay and she manages to shake her head yes. My sister in law looks at my brother and tells him to find out what is wrong with her. My brother looks back and says you , you're the female here. So my WONDERFUL sister in law asks her if she is okay and she sobs "yes.... I am just so happy and I wish my Mom were here". The SIL gives her a hug and tells her it will be okay. LOL Here I am sliding down splash mountain having the time of my life and my daughter is crying uncontrollably because she is finally at Disney. Now every time the parade starts I don my sunglasses at night and I think of her and tear up. I also always make sure I am with her, trust me…. It is an unwritten rule in the house…. No one goes to Disney unless she goes too!!

Avenger117

I have quite cried yet, but I have got a little misty. When I took my fiance for her first trip a couple years ago we walked into Magic Kingdom during the first day parade and she cried, then she cried shortly after during the castle stage show, then she cried again during Spectromagic. Shes been a big Disney Parks fan since.

cynic710

mine was last november, because though ive gone over a dozen times in my life it was the first as a father. the exact moment was during the "magic, memories and you" show in mk, and walt popped up on the castle and proceeded to say "to all the come here, etc".. i looked at my son (22 months at the time) and got a little teary eyed, and not ashamed to say it.

DisneyAubs

Wishes gets me every time. That sweet, innocent voice combined with the beauty of the castle and the amazing fireworks...i'm kinda getting teary just writing this!

We will be taking my DD for her first trip in November (she will be 12 months plus a few weeks) and I'm sure I will cry several times. I HOPE she is not scared of characters. She just lights up when Mickey comes on at the beginning of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and I hope she is excited to see him for real and doesn't get frightened!

SulleyanBoo

Um, lets see..my first teary moment were actually tears of terror from mickey mouse coming within 5 feet of me when I was an infant hahaha. My dad said I used to LOVE the characters "from far away" lol but anyway, my eyes have never stayed dry once during Wishes and now when I do see Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse my tears create from joy ;)

maryszhi

fire works, parades, special moments, i can go on lol. the only negative tears i get are on the dinosor ride that spins you around and gives bruises lol. also leaving..

Fantasmic

I usually have a little teary eyed moment the first time I enter the Magic Kingdom on a trip... It's just like coming "home"

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Riding in on the DME and seeing the WDW resort entrance.....knowing that you've finally arrived!

Ginzuishou

During a trip in 2003, I got teary-eyed when waiting in line for Alien Encounter. I was so excited to be back in Disney and with someone who never rode that particular ride.

plaz10

I get teary every time I have my first ride on SSE for the trip. The sights, sounds, smells - the darkness and hearing "like a grand and miraculous spaceship..." Gets me every single time. It's the "I can't believe I'm here" moment.

I also cry during Fantasmic! and Wishes = again the "I can't believe I'm here" stuff

And I cried when my fiance proposed to me in front of SSE last year.

Disnee4Me

Mine will occur when we get around to seeing the videos we took starting in 1991 (when my first DS was 16 months old) and beyond of the kids when they were little. We never ever watched them and somehow I've got to get them transferred to DVD before they fade away ... yikes!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom