Team S.E.A. - Stanza V: Rogue Nations

Which Parks do you wish to work with? (1 for each category)

• German - Europa Park

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • German - Phantasialand

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • British - Alton Towers

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • British - Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Northern - De Efteling

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Northern - Tivoli Gardens

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Mediterranean - PortaAdventura

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Mediterranean - Gardaland

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Stanza V - Rogue Nations
-h-A3ESyFLj2afyGuAG1TXRJEGFXRwz9AJL-vKK-wT2DevIA4KFrTeT6v4d5FjhL2CGNpqapt2GKz6faNhW_I9Fiz9w3JF0Sk7q5ZHCITkbwAN_0i5T0U2euPMI6jvJc6HJwWnGp

At the end of each act, the Judges will involve themselves into the larger story. As the Atlantic Voyage comes to close, the S.E.A. recruits must return to Europe to face the evil L.A.N.D. But this time, it won’t be in Disneyland...

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is using $250 million per park, develop 4 Local European Parks into vacation-worthy destinations.

Select 1 park from each of the 4 categories below:

GERMAN PARKS
Europa Park, Rust, Germany
Phantasialand, Brühl, Germany

BRITISH PARKS
Alton Towers, Staffordshire, UK
Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, UK

NORTHERN PARKS
De Efteling, Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands
Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen, Denmark

MEDITERRANEAN PARKS
PortaAdventura, Salou, Spain
Gardaland, Verona, Italy

- Enjoy your cross-competitor team up! How will you mesh with your former rivals when pitted against three genuine villains? Will you combine your strengths or maintain existing relationships?
- There is no research packet for you this week. MWAH HAH HAH! That’s right, the stakes have risen and now it’s up to you to research these wonderful parks yourselves.
- A helpful hint -- this project will be most effective if you break into small groups, either by park, by attraction style, etc. The PM this round has a lot to juggle.
- Similarly, there is no DM. Everything is public.
- The Guest Judges will be deciding this round!

Project Managers
S.E.A. - @NateD1226
L.A.N.D. - The Investors

Guest Reviewers
Anyone, Everyone!

This Project is due Wednesday, February 26th at 11:59 PM EST

Time Zones
Walt Disney World- 11:59 PM
Disneyland Park - 8:59 PM
Disneyland Paris - 5:59 AM
Disneyland Tokyo - 1:59 PM

TheOriginalTiki

Out of these I know the most about the two northern parks and also know a fair bit about PortAventura. Black Pool and Alton Towers have a ton of history to them that I'm not really up to speed on. I've heard of the German parks but don't really know a ton about them.

I'll throw out a reference point for everyone...CoasterStudios has reviews for many of these parks.

D Hulk

Glad to see some Coaster Studios love, Tiki!

I know the Mediterranean parks the least, though I know all of these decently well from YouTube videos and such. The German parks interest me the most.

gonna try summing these up from knowledge off the top of my head...

306000019-europa-park-8-1600x900.jpg

Europa Park - Europe’s 2nd most popular theme park after Disneyland Paris. Mack Rides owns and operates, and uses it as a testing ground for their roller coasters. Themed areas based on over a dozen European countries. Includes many attraction which are explicit Disney knockoffs

6bfb27f7974394e504d2197824109a85.jpg

Phantasialand - A very small and cramped park (however with one really obvious spot for expansion!) known for its exceptional, nearly DisneySea-quality details, and for squeezing some very intense coasters into tiny space with amazing theming. Taron is #1 on my current coaster bucket list.

MY CHOICE - Phantasialand. It’s what I personally want to work on. Europa Park is too vanilla.

Last edited:

TheOriginalTiki

Glad to see some Coaster Studios love, Tiki!

I know the Mediterranean parks the least, though I know all of these decently well from YouTube videos and such. The German parks interest me the most.

gonna try summing these up from knowledge off the top of my head...

Europa Park - Europe’s 2nd most popular theme park after Disneyland Paris. Mack Rides owns and operates, and uses it as a testing ground for their roller coaster. Themed areas based on over a dozen European countries. Includes many attraction which are explicit Disney knockoffs

Phantasialand - A very small and cramped park (however with one really obvious spot for expansion!) known for its exceptional, nearly DisneySea-quality details, and for squeezing some very intense coasters into tiny space with amazing theming. Taron is #1 on my current coaster bucket list.

Have you been to any of these parks in person? If not I must say I'm somewhat surprised based on how well traveled you are! 🤣

D Hulk

qUrpShtFT258bNSzPZ7MfhQkN53hrnouLov8rOVfZ3_HzxYhZl0aAf2P-tRWWs1epx1EyiIKUHSvhSVv3201HE9qMl0Kkh3A9yHJ_484HwWm-TXf
Alton Towers - British park located on the former estate of Lord Alton (right?). The park’s centerpiece is a genuine historic country mansion. There are vast garden areas separating the themed areas. Themes are often darker and edgier, with topics like dystopian sci-fi. They are famous for their Secret Weapon roller coasters, which are shrouded in secrecy and hype and often have huge world’s first elements. Notably, coasters are forced to stay fairy low, “under the tree line,” which forces creative designs

images

Blackpool Pleasure Beach - It’s a seaside pier park with some really funky vintage pre-Disneyland attractions still operating - like a genuine steeplechase coaster. It has its seedy charms, like a deviant UK Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Their Vahalla boat ride (world’s wettest) is the standout attraction.

MY CHOICE - Alton Towers. It has a fun cheeky personality and tons of easy expansion potential.

Have you been to any of these parks in person? If not I must say I'm somewhat surprised based on how well traveled you are! 🤣
I’ve been to zero of these parks. Europe’s low on my travel radar until I get sick of Asia and Africa.

@Evilgidgit has been to Alton Towers, not sure about Blackpool. He lives in England. He’ll have good info!

Last edited:

kmbmw777

GERMAN PARKS
Europa Park, Rust, Germany
Phantasialand, Brühl, Germany

BRITISH PARKS
Alton Towers, Staffordshire, UK
Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Blackpool, UK

NORTHERN PARKS
De Efteling, Kaatsheuvel, Netherlands
Tivoli Gardens, Copenhagen, Denmark

MEDITERRANEAN PARKS
PortaAdventura, Salou, Spain
Gardaland, Verona, Italy
Dang I know literally nothing about all of these.........

D Hulk

efteling-thesixswans-family-305068.jpg
Efteling - Disneyland before there was a Disneyland. Charming Dutch park with its famous Fairytale Forest walkthrough, and it’s collection of fairy tale dark rides which are the best of any non-DisneyVersal Park! They recently opened the adorable-looking Symbolica trackless dark ride. It’s almost all fairy tale stuff with a lovely storybook style!

Tivoli_Gardens_copenhagen-f48d9b268ebe4472957f7cdc9f6dda63.jpg
Tivoli Gardens - This is arguably the oldest theme park in the world, dating back centuries. It’s known more for its history than any specific attractions I can think of offhand. I’d steer clear of this one. Tight acreage and we’d run the risk of destroying something of historic importance.

MY CHOICE - Efteling, by a longshot! This is the perfect park for teammates who aren’t interested in roller coasters.

Last edited:

D Hulk

1cccb9260ed74c22fa19755c94e006a2.jpg

CCPA_0112.jpg
Gardaland & PortAventura - I know these the least, and they seem fairly similar. Each one has themed areas based on different regions of the world. (That’s common with European parks; Phantasialand does it too.) They both feature of wild Cedar Fair quality roller coasters with above-average theming in many of them, though they still same mostly like steel parks with a bit more class. There are some other attractions and shows and dark rides, so they seem pretty well balanced but fairly unremarkable. Next door to PortAventure is a new Ferrari Land.

MY CHOICE - PortAventura, by a hair, mostly because it has Shambala. That might be the world’s best B&M I’m told.

Also, Gardaland has a Vekoma SLC! :eek:

Last edited:

NateD1226

Hey there team! I absolutely have no idea what any of these parks are haha. Gives me a chance to learn about new places and maybe even go to them one day! I will create a Google Doc soon to let us organize our ideas since I am guessing this thread is gonna get a lot of pages. I'll do some research and give my vote soon!

AceAstro

My votes:
EuropaPark (I love the look of it)
Alton Towers (I love the history of Alton Towers. Every time I look into it, I fall in love with it even more)
Efteling (such a beautiful park)
Doesn’t matter to me on the last two. Have no sway of either (have heard of both but haven’t really looked into either)

orlando678-

Ah Efteling, its my home park! Its like 10 minutes away from here, so I gotta vote for that one.

Europapark would be an easy fix but I feel like Phantasialand has a lot of potential so I might actually go with that one.

Alton towers sounds like its more themed and easily more Disney worthy than Blackpool.

Hmm I feel like Gardaland is very much everywhere with its themes. Bringing Port Aventura to a Disney-level feels more effective with its cohesive themes in every area.

This is an interesting round. Ive personally visited all these parks multiple times, except for the British ones...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom