Team Mist: SYWTBAI Season 14, Project Seven Open Brainstorming

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
What park are we going to put this in? Because that will effect what ride we do.

We could do the U.K. pavilion at Epcot, but if we do if recommend a stay away from water rides.

Anything can fit into Hollywood Studios at this point. So, it could go there. If it's in HS id voy we avoid thrill rides as the two most thrilling rides in property are already in that park.

We could go really radical and turn Tom Sawyer Island into "Middle Earth." With an E-ticket weaving through the island. We could really do any ride system in MK, but we'd have to worry about space.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I mean I am fine with this, Soarin' style ride still has my vote. We just have to make sure it fits the animated series.
I love Soarin' but I don't think that would work well in the animated world.

The live action Lord of the Rings has beautiful sweeping New Zealand scenery. The cartoon doesn't.

I'm not against some sort of simulator, but Soarin' shouldn't be the model we use imo

kmbmw777

I love Soarin' but I don't think that would work well in the animated world.

The live action Lord of the Rings has beautiful sweeping New Zealand scenery. The cartoon doesn't.

I'm not against some sort of simulator, but Soarin' shouldn't be the model we use imo
All right I'll concede to you as I've never seen the animations. A flight on the back of the eagles could work for a tour of middle earth

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
All right I'll concede to you as I've never seen the animations. A flight on the back of the eagles could work for a tour of middle earth
It would be great, but the visuals of the cartoons can't carry the ride. Soarin' relies on the visuals primarily.

A simulator with a bit more oomph could work.

kmbmw777

It would be great, but the visuals of the cartoons can't carry the ride. Soarin' relies on the visuals primarily.

A simulator with a bit more oomph could work.
Besides for that he visual affects what are the differences between Jackson's works and the animation?
Are the animations like much more corny or something?

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
One of the stylistic things about Bashki's film is it's animated exclusively using rotoscoping. This gives the film a surreal realism that sets it apart. Just a helpful hint.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Besides for that he visual affects what are the differences between Jackson's works and the animation?
Are the animations like much more corny or something?
An excellent question! I don't really know the most about either. I'm mostly just going off clips and things the last few days.

Haven't actually seen the full length of any of the animated ones and haven't seen the Peter Jackson films in years (other than the Hobbits. I watched those as they came out).

That's why I'm trying to mostly focus on strengths and weaknesses of different ride systems rather than scenes or plots.

kmbmw777

Based on my readings on the wikis, the seem to tell the same story as the books and Jackson films, both of which I am mostly familiar with.

We seemed to reach a consensus on a tour of middle earth
Due to the nonrealism of these movies, we have eliminated a Soarin like system.
A simulator could work (I'm imagining something like the Simpsons ride.) We could have a plot where we are picked up by the eagles after the events in mordor and are just flying home. We could witness aargorns coronation on the force at (screw accurate timelines ;):hilarious:) and land in the shire

kmbmw777

Ride Style
-Simpsons like simulator
-Hydrocoasyer
-Boat dark ride

Plot
-We are picked up by the eagles after the events in mordor and are just flying home. We could witness aargorns coronation on the trip (screw accurate timelines ;):hilarious:) and eventually land in the shire

-HS (anything goes)
-England
-AK (if Pandora fits why not)

mickeyfan5534

Ride Style
-Simpsons like simulator
-Hydrocoasyer
-Boat dark ride

Plot
-We are picked up by the eagles after the events in mordor and are just flying home. We could witness aargorns coronation on the trip (screw accurate timelines ;):hilarious:) and eventually land in the shire

-HS (anything goes)
-England
-AK (if Pandora fits why not)
I'm gonna say no on AK. Pandora at least has the conservation aspect.

MANEATINGWREATH

Here are the animated LOTR for your guidance. I realize how obscure and tricky this is haha.

(All other clips and the zany songs can be found in the suggested videos)

kmbmw777

Maybe it can wrap around the rivers and finish the Big Thunder deadend
This could be cool too! The main question I have is which section of middle Earth do we want to use? The shire? Rivendell? Mordor?
I could see arguments for Gondor or Isengard as well.

Basically, what I think is that the land we choose should have enough room for like 3 solid minilands, and then our grand E-ticket can start from Mordor and go through the side of the land and drop guests off in the shire (and maybe one can even ride it vice versa). We can also have other smaller attractions and restaurants in which we go into less detail

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
This could be cool too! The main question I have is which section of middle Earth do we want to use? The shire? Rivendell? Mordor?
I could see arguments for Gondor or Isengard as well.

Basically, what I think is that the land we choose should have enough room for like 3 solid minilands, and then our grand E-ticket can start from Mordor and go through the side of the land and drop guests off in the shire (and maybe one can even ride it vice versa). We can also have other smaller attractions and restaurants in which we go into less detail
Let's maybe just focus on one ride and then we can build a land around it later if we have time.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
all righty lol. Im getting way ahead of myself
Lol it can be easy to do. And as far as it fitting Fronteirland, I think it's fine with the separation of the river as long as visually it fits.

Like, even if it has nothing to do with the Fronteir or Liberty Square, I personally think that's ok as long as the middle earth stuff is hidden behind trees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom