Trip Report Team Find Gaston's Chair- a live trip report attempt!

Hello all! I've never attempted a trip report, much less a live one, but @Tuvalu report has left us with questions that need answers! Mainly where is Gaston's Chair?!?! So, for the good of the people, we're on a mission to find out!
Who: Me(Kristen) and my boyfriend Patrick
It's our 5th Disney trip together and my 13th trip overall.
Where: Pop Century
When: Now!- Saturday the 13th

We just landed at MCO from Rhode Island, a mostly okay flight (minus the turbulence and the midflight medical emergency). But we're here and ready for some magic!

krisri18

Original Poster
Confession: I'm not a Star Wars fan. Not even close. Ive seen part of whatever one first had Rey in it, fell asleep for most of it and the only thing I remember from watching one of the original three is that the Ewoks were cute. Regardless of all that, The Void's virtual reality Star Wars Secrets of the Empire experience was very cool. P loved it! So that's a win in my book!
IMG_20180111_223017055.jpg

krisri18

Original Poster
So apparently Disney doesn't want people sleeping in on their vacation. Despite declining housekeeping for our stay and putting the do not disturb tag on the door, housekeeping was knocking at 9:30am saying she needed to check on us. Now we're up and waiting for a bus so we can take in some culture!

krisri18

Original Poster
It's been a windy morning wandering World Showcase. I don't think we've ever walked that slow, but we got to appreciate all the little things. Finished our Epcot afternoon with a Soarin fast pass and then a ride on Spaceship Earth. Heading back for a break before a Magic Kingdom night!
IMG_20180112_140838627.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180112_134328704_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180112_134328704_HDR.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20180112_161505277_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180112_161505277_HDR.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 35

12in12

So apparently Disney doesn't want people sleeping in on their vacation. Despite declining housekeeping for our stay and putting the do not disturb tag on the door, housekeeping was knocking at 9:30am saying she needed to check on us. Now we're up and waiting for a bus so we can take in some culture!
I'm sorry you got woken up earlier then you wanted but you had a terrific day in EPCOT. What was in the Frozen Elephant?

krisri18

Original Poster
Last night of the trip is always bittersweet. A quick ride on Thunder before appetizers for dinner at Skipper Canteen. Then a spin on the TTA, a ride on Space Mtn, and an attempt at joining the Galactic Alliance (I lost as usual). A stop for a citrus swirl, which is definitely NOT a Dole Whip, then another ride on Thunder. Closed out the night with some pirates, a visit to see some hitchhiking ghosts, and slow stroll through an empty Fantasyland and then the castle towards Main Street. Ubering back to Pop from the Contemporary since the bus line was daunting and we wanted a quiet ride where were guaranteed a seat. Goodnight Magic Kingdom!

Attachments

• IMG_20180112_213955285.jpg
    IMG_20180112_213955285.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 23

Longers

Sad your trip is coming to an end
Is it just me or does that purple wall not look very purple?
Also read that housekeeping have to check all rooms every day now - although I would have thought that they could wait until later in the day if there was a sign up!
Hopefully you’ll have a bit of time today to get a bit more Disney.

krisri18

Original Poster
Sad your trip is coming to an end
Is it just me or does that purple wall not look very purple?
Also read that housekeeping have to check all rooms every day now - although I would have thought that they could wait until later in the day if there was a sign up!
Hopefully you’ll have a bit of time today to get a bit more Disney.
I thought the same thing, not very purple. Maybe we picked the wrong time of day.
Housekeeping checked on us again this morning at 9am, even though we were packing and checking out, which I thought was odd.

krisri18

Original Poster
Departure day. Worst part of the trip. We're going to squeeze as much fun out as we can before it's over. Hollywood Studios for a couple fast passes and lunch at 50s (I can see tour groups in front of us again and cheering away behind us as we walk in) then hopefully to Animal Kingdom for one last trip to Everest and some baby tiger viewing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom