Team Danny DeVito From Dumbo - Project Ten: Roll the Dice

DisneyFan18

4B1CF638-7435-4A8C-A5EE-90EE164E0825.jpeg

If we go for IASW, maybe we can make it work similar to the Disney Trivia board game? You have to collect a token from each of the continents to enter the finale. And to get a token you have to respond correctly a question. If you don’t have a token for each continent, you’ve to give another round to the board.

Mickeynerd17

Woot! Board games!!

This is right up my alley, because I have a ton of board games themed to the parks.

I would like to address some themes that have already been done before (because they're sitting on my shelf)

1. Haunted Mansion

This has been done a million times and I have two separate games based on the same theme. Big fat nope.

2. Jungle Cruise

They just made a board game on this listed above

3. Magic Kingdom Park (I'll show pictures tmro so you'll know what I mean)

There's an awesome obscure board game from the 2000's where you go to different rides in the Magic Kingdom and try to collect ride cards. After you get those ride cards you have to be the first one back. Awesome game, but we should try to do something different.

4. Tower of Terror

They've been selling a ToT themed clue for ages.

Mickeynerd17

Horizons could make for a fun board game. I don't know what the gameplay would be, but I'm thinking depending on your choices throughout the game would change what of the three destinations you end up with.
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

YES!!!!!!!

It might be too much like Life if we're not careful, but it would be an AWESOME theme!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Out of everything mentioned so far I think I like Haunted Mansion and IASW the most.

Test Track 1.0 might have some potential as well with all the test stations.

Or to go slightly obscure, Living With The Land, utilizing each of the biomes with the greenhouses being some sort of finale.

Peoplemover or Monorail could be fun too because then we could incorporate nods to all sorts of other attractions, or even resorts in the case of the Monorail, by virtue of those being transportation attractions.

Sharon&Susan

Ok, I am caught up! This prompt sounds like so much fun! I also think that Haunted Mansion and IASW are the best options, but I also wouldn't mind going the obscure route with more of the less popular attractions or lands. Would it be possible to do a Candyland-style board game where you travel through some/all of the countries in the World Pavilion?
Only problem I could see is that World Showcase isn't an attraction as specified in the prompt. It sounds like a great idea otherwise if Tiki or Jokers give us permission to do it.

goofyyukyuk

I just want to put out there that I'd love to make a physical rendition of the board for whatever game we decide to make if that's okay with everyone.

I also wanted to elaborate a little on my Everest idea. I think it could be really cool to have players either create identities for their characters or play as game-specific characters that play through a journey through Tibet and Serka Zong before actually ascending the mountain. I guess it sounds similar to Dungeons and Dragons lol... but yeah, I think that would be pretty cool from the standpoint of replay-ability, creativity, and creating new stories that are still consistent with the original attraction. Just another idea, but we've got a bunch of great ones already!

DisneyFan18

So far the most concrete ideas we have are a Mr. Toad Wild Ride’s Candyland, It’s A Small World Trivia Game, a whodunit based on Rivers of America, an Expedition Everest RPG, and a TOT Clue inspired game. Some other attractions that have been suggested for the board game, but without a reference game, are Horizons, Test Track, Living With The Land, Peoplemover or Monorail, and Haunted Mansion.

I’m personally a big fan of @Outbound ’s IASW proposal. And I love how expansive @goofyyukyuk idea for an Everest RPG game is. But I’m also very intrigued by @Tegan pilots a chicken concept for a board game based on the Peoplemover or Living With The Land. Overall, I feel like all of the ideas that have been thrown around are great and we could make a great board game with any of them, but we have to take into account that we only have under 35 to complete it.

ThemeParkPriest

The project is due in 1 day and a half, more or less. Should we try to make a decision on what project we’re making soonish?
Okay all caught up. I'll just mention a few ideas:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad--get out of the way of the runaway train!
Dinosaur/Countdown to Extinction--get the Iguanadon out in time before the Carnotaurus attacks!

Tower of Terror sounds interesting for sure! Mickeynerd mentioned there's a Clue version but we could think of something that's original.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
So far the most concrete ideas we have are a Mr. Toad Wild Ride’s Candyland, It’s A Small World Trivia Game, a whodunit based on Rivers of America, an Expedition Everest RPG, and a TOT Clue inspired game. Some other attractions that have been suggested for the board game, but without a reference game, are Horizons, Test Track, Living With The Land, Peoplemover or Monorail, and Haunted Mansion.

I’m personally a big fan of @Outbound ’s IASW proposal. And I love how expansive @goofyyukyuk idea for an Everest RPG game is. But I’m also very intrigued by @Tegan pilots a chicken concept for a board game based on the Peoplemover or Living With The Land. Overall, I feel like all of the ideas that have been thrown around are great and we could make a great board game with any of them, but we have to take into account that we only have under 35 to complete it.
I’m not sure specifically which game I would reference but I’m thinking of something with a little bit of skill/knowledge and a little bit of luck. Like, having dice rolls and cards drawn, some results are good and some bad.

What about an analogous to Monopoly only you don’t collect money, you collect ride tickets or on ride photos or props or something? I’m again thinking of the Peoplemover but this could work for anything.

And I agree @DisneyFan18 we should decide like,….within the next couple of hours.

Last edited:

ThemeParkPriest

To me the Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is the easiest to conceptualize...be the last one who is still on the board.

I remember Disney Dad made a box of a fake K'Nex box/set online. We could probably build the box in 3-D form (in addition to Goofy making a physical version of the game).

So some possible roles:
Instructions (maybe this could be the presentation mode)
Backstory
Board Design (so Goofy would be part of this group)
Cards and Pieces Design
Box Design

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom