Team Danny DeVito From Dumbo - Project Ten: Roll the Dice

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Season 19, Project Ten: Roll the Dice
2013-01-21_10-33-57_876.jpg

This project will be the first of two different "Flash Rounds" through the next week, with this one being the shorter of the two and the shortest project of the season. Having already been teased way earlier on, the goal of this round should be pretty clear. Adapt an attraction into a board game. How you go about that is completely up to you. As a reminder, @ThemeParkPriest and @Mickeynerd17 have already been Project Leader and are no longer eligible for the position. As last round's PoMVP, @DisneyFan18 cannot be nominated for elimination.

@goofyyukyuk has opened this round's Walt's Vault and was subjected to an INSTANT NOMINATION. This means unless saved by @ThemeParkPriest's nomination swapper or the Diamond PoMVP still in play he has automatically been nominated for elimination and the project leader (unless he takes up the mantle) will only have to nominate one other player. Good luck, Team Danny DeVito From Dumbo. This project is due Wednesday, July 28th at 11:59PM Eastern/8:59PM Pacific.​

Outbound

Immediate thoughts: last season @goofyyukyuk , @AceAstro , and I created a Hasbro-themed land for IOA. For that land, we designed many rides for popular classic board games... basically the inverse of what we're doing now.
  • Candyland Dark Ride
  • Clue Adventurer's Club
  • Battleship Aquatopia
  • Mouse Trap Wild Mouse
  • Jenga Drop Tower
  • Game of LIFE Spinner
  • Operation Live Show
1627361074504.png

Perhaps we can use some of these ideas as inspiration? Same concept just reversed. As you can see there's a lot of potential in board games -> rides, so I'm sure the same approach can be used for rides -> board games.

---

Also I found this gem digging that old pm:

I wasn’t allowed to bring my board game onto the aeroplane as a carry on luggage.
They said that The Risk was too big.

What does a board game maker do when discussing their ideas?
They monopolize the conversation

My stupid cousin thinks he's collected one of every board game ever made.
That idiot doesn't have a Clue.

What did the board game eat for breakfast?
Scrabbled eggs.

What’s Canada’s favorite board game?
Sorry
Ok I'll stop

AceAstro

Immediate thoughts: last season @goofyyukyuk , @AceAstro , and I created a Hasbro-themed land for IOA. For that land, we designed many rides for popular classic board games... basically the inverse of what we're doing now.
  • Candyland Dark Ride
  • Clue Adventurer's Club
  • Battleship Aquatopia
  • Mouse Trap Wild Mouse
  • Jenga Drop Tower
  • Game of LIFE Spinner
  • Operation Live Show
View attachment 574925

Perhaps we can use some of these ideas as inspiration? As you can see there's a lot of potinetial in board games -> rides, so I'm sure the same approach can be used for rides -> board games.

---

This is still one of my favourite projects we ever did! What a stroll down memory lane

Outbound

This is a good one. From a non-joking perspective, my preference would be to go for the classics... ie:
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (Pre-Movies, Attraction Focus)
  • Haunted Mansion
  • It's A Small World
  • Carousel of Progress
Follow-up post but I think It's A Small World would work especially well for this. It's already got a papery, family-friendly aesthetic and a wonderful built-in theme. The game could involve trivia of countries around the world to advance, with 193 board squares for each of the 193 countries.

1627362273906.png

DisneyFan18

This is a good one. From a non-joking perspective, my preference would be to go for the classics... ie:
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Pirates of the Caribbean (Pre-Movies, Attraction Focus)
  • Haunted Mansion
  • It's A Small World
  • Carousel of Progress
Fantastic choices. Jungle Cruise would also be my #1 choice, I feel like it would be a lot of fun and there’s a lot of room to play around

DisneyFan18

Follow-up post but I think It's A Small World would work especially well for this. It's already got a papery, family-friendly aesthetic and a wonderful built-in theme. The game could involve trivia of countries around the world to advance, with 193 board squares for each of the 193 countries.

View attachment 574927
I LOVE the edutainment angle!

goofyyukyuk

• Candyland Dark Ride
  • Clue Adventurer's Club
  • Battleship Aquatopia
  • Mouse Trap Wild Mouse
  • Jenga Drop Tower
  • Game of LIFE Spinner
  • Operation Live Show
View attachment 574925

Perhaps we can use some of these ideas as inspiration? Same concept just reversed. As you can see there's a lot of potential in board games -> rides, so I'm sure the same approach can be used for rides -> board games.

---

I loved this project!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom