taxis

kasey1988

Original Poster
just wondering has anyone taken a taxi to the florida mall? im wondering at about how much it would cost? im staying at the all star movies but if it would be cheaper from another resort or park i could always take the disney transportation there

Pumbaas_Bug

Hi there!:wave:

We stayed in All Star Movies in 2004 and took a taxi to the Florida Mall. It cost us around $40.00 to get there. I imagine that it would be about the same from any Disney hotel or park, however the All Star Resorts are nearest the freeway so I guess that it would the quickest and cheapest route!

Have a great time!!! :animwink:

RonAnnArbor

Its going to be about 20 dollars in each direction -- it costs about 45 - 50 dollars to go all the way to the airport by taxi

But, and don't take this the wrong way, exactly what is it that a trip to the Florida Mall would accomplish other than killing some time that you can't do at your local hometown mall? They have the exact same stores we have here in the SE Michigan area for example.

kasey1988

Original Poster
were actually from canada so the stores are alot diffrent and there are often great deals on name brand stuff that would be almost twice the price up here or cant even get at all.. ..

RonAnnArbor

OK cool, that makes sense then. Although, ironically, here in the Detroit area, we often go over to Windsor to get things at a cheaper price at their malls --

Pumbaas_Bug

$40 each way!!! (including the tip) It's quite far!! But compared to here in the UK, that's a pretty cheap taxi fare for the miles!!!

PBarton

We have visited the Florida Mall when staying at the All Star Movies, without having a rental car.

This method is complicated (but much cheaper)

Here goes...

1. Get WDW resort bus from All Stars to the Magic Kingdom, take ferry over to the Transport and Ticket Center.

2. Go to the bus stops at the T&TC, board a Lynx bus (can't remember number), this takes you right up to the Florida Mall and costs about $1.50 (I think) per person.

This is much cheaper, but takes a lot longer than a cab. The other downside is that you have to get a bus, a ferry and then another bus to get back to the All Stars - lol.

This may sound extreme, but we are from England.. This is a normal way of travelling in the UK- well maybe not the ferry part! :lol:

shoppingnut

How about renting a car for the day which is only about $50. You can rent one from either Alamo or National and pick it up at the Disney Car Care Center and if you need to return it later at night you can drop it off at the Dolphin hotel with the valet. If you have a car you can also go to the various outlets and International Drive outlets, not to mention the charater warehouse (sells discounted disney merchandise).

Chanty

kasey1988 said:
just wondering has anyone taken a taxi to the florida mall? im wondering at about how much it would cost? im staying at the all star movies but if it would be cheaper from another resort or park i could always take the disney transportation there

I was about to ask the exact same Q here! haha We're also staying at the Al Star Movies Resort and want to spend one day at an American mall. My mom and sister have never been in one and I just LOVE them! I also want to take them to Wal Mart, which I heard if quite close to the Florida Mall. I was wondering if this is a bad idea:
Take a taxi from the hotel to the mall
Then take another taxi from the mall to Wal Mart
rom Wal Mart once again a taxi back to the hotel.

I tried finding out the route on the Lynx website. But there are no times etc! (at least when you fill in the tripplanner for Metro in LA you get times as well!) So I think the risk of travelling 3 hours just to get to the mall is too much of a value. (time is money when you are in Orlando for only 12 days!)

Any ideas? :rolleyes:

Thanks ahead!
~Chantal :wave:

Chanty

PBarton said:
We have visited the Florida Mall when staying at the All Star Movies, without having a rental car.

This method is complicated (but much cheaper)

Here goes...

1. Get WDW resort bus from All Stars to the Magic Kingdom, take ferry over to the Transport and Ticket Center.

2. Go to the bus stops at the T&TC, board a Lynx bus (can't remember number), this takes you right up to the Florida Mall and costs about $1.50 (I think) per person.

This is much cheaper, but takes a lot longer than a cab. The other downside is that you have to get a bus, a ferry and then another bus to get back to the All Stars - lol.

This may sound extreme, but we are from England.. This is a normal way of travelling in the UK- well maybe not the ferry part! :lol:

Hello!
I am from Holland and am used to travelling by public transportation as well. This doesn't sound to bad actually. It's only one Lynx bus from the WDW resort. (My first time there, so I am still thinking Disneyland Paris sizes LOL)
I'll try to find the Lynx number before deciding what to do. See how much time this will take. (you didn't mention a duration)

~Chantal :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom