Taxi!

JCrane

Original Poster
Guys,

I'm sure there are far more interesting threads to give you're time to but I'm after a little bit of information regarding my visit to WDW in October. Unfortunately, I won't be staying on-site this year :cry: and although my hotel offers complimentary shuttle services to and from the World I was curious about taxi streams?

What I really want to know is does each park, including TL and BB, receive a good stream of taxi's going out and, also, if anyone would know the rough cost of a taxi back to the International Drive area? In fact, any taxi cab info you may have such as where the best place to pick them up from etc would be fantastic...

Thanks guys, I promise to start some far more intersting threads soon...

JCrane

Original Poster
You've answered you're own question Captain...

So having cleared that up is there anyone out there with some valid information for me?

mills

Can't help you to much outside Disney, but within Disney we've never spent more than $15 to $20 to get from one place to another. I can tell you that there are plenty of taxis waiting outside the parks(or ticket center for MK). We usually stay onsite, but use the taxis, instead of Disney transportation, at park closing to avoid the crowds.

JCrane

Original Poster
Thanks Mills,

I see that it's only about 15-20 miles from WDW to our hotel so I'm not really expecting much more than $20 and I'm really only thinking of doing it once or twice when I need to leave the parks after the final departure of the hotel's shuttle. Things like Illuminations and Fantasmic mean I won't leave until late so I'll be curious to see how much a taxi costs back in to town...

Hopefully a charitable Floridian might be able to give me some idea on prices...:)

disneydaft

JCrane said:
Guys,

I'm sure there are far more interesting threads to give you're time to but I'm after a little bit of information regarding my visit to WDW in October. Unfortunately, I won't be staying on-site this year :cry: and although my hotel offers complimentary shuttle services to and from the World I was curious about taxi streams?

What I really want to know is does each park, including TL and BB, receive a good stream of taxi's going out and, also, if anyone would know the rough cost of a taxi back to the International Drive area? In fact, any taxi cab info you may have such as where the best place to pick them up from etc would be fantastic...

Thanks guys, I promise to start some far more intersting threads soon...

I reckon it would be about 30-40 dollars including tip and depending on where on I-drive you are staying.

A way to save a little is to take taxis to and from Seaworld or even better the Premium Outlets. You can then use the I-ride trolley for the rest of the journey.

Or cheaper still is to catch the Lynx bus (#57 I think?) at the Ticket and Transportation Centre. This bus will drop you off at seaworld, from there you can catch the I-ride trolley.

There are always taxis waiting outside of the parks, there are a lot of unlicensed taxis around though so it pays to be a bit cautious and not jump in the first "cab" you see.

disneydaft

JCrane said:
Thanks Mills,

I see that it's only about 15-20 miles from WDW to our hotel so I'm not really expecting much more than $20 and I'm really only thinking of doing it once or twice when I need to leave the parks after the final departure of the hotel's shuttle. Things like Illuminations and Fantasmic mean I won't leave until late so I'll be curious to see how much a taxi costs back in to town...

Hopefully a charitable Floridian might be able to give me some idea on prices...:)

Another tip is to get talking to people at your hotel who may be willing to share a cab back from the parks.

What hotel are you staying at?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom