Tarzan's Treehouse™

BigNorm

Original Poster
Not sure if we have ever speculated about this, but I was wondering if you all thought that Disney would ever bring Tarzan's Treehouse over to WDW to replace Swiss Family Treehouse? I know this could be a Pandora's Box as many of you are against cloning attractions from other parks and WDW, but Swiss Family Treehouse is getting a bit tiresome and might be ready for a change, wouldn't you agree?

Beachcluber

I don't think its getting tiresome....unless your in the parks more that twice a year...
I believ its become a confusion for this next generation...as most of them never heard nor seen the SFR....and therefore decided to pass on this attraction...

If they didn't alter the attraction too much...I think it would be a good idea...the tree house is fun to walk through....but it could use a slight update...but I love the idea behind it!

I have never been to Dl so I don't know what T'sT looks like..but I think it would allow for an alternative instead of tearing it down....

just my 2 cents

WDWspider

I'm surprised it has not been converted yet.

Swiss Family is a tired attraction, but I do agree it is unique and should not be done away with, just changed.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm for it.
I really likde Tarzan's Treehouse, and I'm sure most young visitors to MK would connect with it much better than with the Swiss Family.
That being said, since a section of Tarzan's extends over the walkway to New Orleans Square, it may be hard to duplicate it at the MK.

Scooter

Call me crazy..but I like The Swiss Family Robinson walk through treehouse.:hammer:

It's relaxing for me...and I enjoy looking at all the small details put into it.

On a hot day, it's kinda tough gettin up them steps... but hey...I just figure I'm lucky to be able to walk at all.

Disney has plenty of money...they could build a Tarzan treehouse in Animal Kingdom. Thats where it belongs anyway.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Scooter
Call me crazy..but I like The Swiss Family Robinson walk through treehouse.:hammer:

It's relaxing for me...and I enjoy looking at all the small details put into it.

On a hot day, it's kinda tough gettin up them steps... but hey...I just figure I'm lucky to be able to walk at all.

Disney has plenty of money...they could build a Tarzan treehouse in Animal Kingdom. Thats where it belongs anyway.

ok cRAZY :lol: The Treehouse would still be a relaxing walk-through if changed. But why do we need another Tree at Animal Kingdom? Adventureland and the whole storybook atmosphere throughout MK makes it fit in very well I think. Hey... if Goofy can have a show in Frontierland, and Iago is in the Tiki Room, then Tarzan should have no problem.

Vernonpush

While looking at the "WDW Coloring Book" at Once Upon A Toy Store, there was a page with Tarzan's Treehouse, made me wonder.

tigsmom

Originally posted by Vernonpush
While looking at the "WDW Coloring Book" at Once Upon A Toy Store, there was a page with Tarzan's Treehouse, made me wonder.

That's in Disneyland...along the same line as SFR. No one reads the classics anymore and I think that's why there is a feeling of it needing a change.(same as 20,000 Leagues). I've only been in it once myself...on our last trip. My 8 yo wanted to go thru...now she wants to read the book.:D

BigNorm

Original Poster
Originally posted by Vernonpush

Hmmmm....very interesting.

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
i heard they were defeintly going to do this but i hope they don't i really like the treehouse...one time when i didnt want to ride the Jungle Cruise (i HATE the snakes -there are 2 of them) so i decided to just to explore the treehouse...it was very relaxing

meeko_33785

I like the Swiss Family Treehouse, but I think that Tarzan would be a nice change. I would be happy with either Treehouse, so it really doesn't matter much to me.

DisneyJill

I hope they don't change the SFR treehouse into a Tarzan treehouse. I love it the way it is right now. I agree that lot of little kids wouldn't have seen the movie or read the book (honestly, I don't think I have ever seen the movie or read the book!) but its fun to walk through and imagine.

MKCustodial

I agree with Beachcluber, the problem with the Treehouse is that the kids never heard of that family. And Treehouse for Treehouse, at least they know who Tarzan is.

Is the one at DL cool? Does it have the boat hanging from it and everything? It must have been an interesting update, since Tarzan's looks so different, with the Swiss Family's having more levels (as seen in the movie).

Steamboat_Kevin

Actually, I've never been to Swiss Family Treehouse, but I've been to Tarzan's Treehouse at DL.
I liked Tarzan's Treehouse a lot, but since I haven't been to Swiss Family Treehouse I don't really care if they change it :)

netenyahoo

DL used to have the Swiss Familly Treehouse and I was kind of mad that they changed it as I liked the Treehouse before, but now I like the new Tarzan Treehouse. I think it is good to keep the two different versions at the two different parks. They could probably update the WDW Treehouse to make it a little more fun for the kids or something, but don't make it into another Tarzan Treehouse. Maybe George of the Jungle? :hammer:

cookiee_munster

Originally posted by DisneyJill
I hope they don't change the SFR treehouse into a Tarzan treehouse. I love it the way it is right now. I agree that lot of little kids wouldn't have seen the movie or read the book (honestly, I don't think I have ever seen the movie or read the book!) but its fun to walk through and imagine.

i totally agree :), i found it quite entertaining and my 8 year old brother was mesmorised that we were walking around a huge tree... looking at stuff he's never seen before, i think thats the best thing tho, because the new generation may have not seen the film they'll probably be more curious as to see what is up in that big tree... i know my brother was :)

i dont think they should start re-theming their attractions to majour disney animated films, it just ruens the attractions origionality... example... changing the haunted mansion to something like... hmmm... this new haunted mansion movie.

WDWspider

Originally posted by cookiee_munster
i totally agree :), i found it quite entertaining and my 8 year old brother was mesmorised that we were walking around a huge tree... looking at stuff he's never seen before, i think thats the best thing tho, because the new generation may have not seen the film they'll probably be more curious as to see what is up in that big tree... i know my brother was :)

i dont think they should start re-theming their attractions to majour disney animated films, it just ruens the attractions origionality... example... changing the haunted mansion to something like... hmmm... this new haunted mansion movie.

I'm starting to get lost on people's Disney logic now a days, but Swiss Family was a theme on a Disney Movie, and the Haunted Mansion movie is based on the ride. I'm just not following some people's thoughts. It the attraction was updated to the Tarzan theme, it would still be a tree walk thru but with the addition of Animatronics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom