Tarzan Rocks

graphite1326

Original Poster
I really miss that show. AND I hate it's replacement. My children are older and not interest in going. Now I have one less thing to do in AK. Tarzan was a great show and I never heard why they replaced it. Anyone know why?

The reason I am bringing this up is I am currently making up my daily schedule and am having trouble making AK a full day park.

graphite1326

Original Poster
23 and 26 when we go. They were at the age when Nemo came out they felt they had outgrown movies like that. Tarzan was always packed when I was there.

baloofigment14

Apparently after a while it didn't really rock anymore. Its good to change around though and get newer movies in like Finding Nemo the Musical which I've heard is really good!

The Finding Nemo show is excellent and very well done. It does look like a broadway play. That being said I still miss Tarzan Rocks. It was so high energy, up-tempo fun. It was just very entertaining for all ages. I do feel the Beauty and the Beast at HS really wore out its welcome a long time ago. I would love the Aladdin show from Disneyland.

RemebertheMagic<3

I've heard a couple of different rumors as to why it was taken out. One was that when they put in Expedition Everest they thought the show would be to loud, but I don't think that's it. One was that they were just getting ready to premiere Tarzan on Broadway and they thought that was going to be a big hit, so they took out Tarzan Rocks to make room for other movies. Another rumor I heard was that the show was to expensive because most of the performers were equity and so it was a budget thing.
So idk, but one thing is for certain I definitely miss it! I know people that were in the show also, one who was Jane and she just recently posted on Facebook how much she misses it and wishes Disney would bring it back. I have yet to see Finding Nemo in person, but I've seen bits of it on Youtube and I personally think the music is TERRIBLE. The person I know that used to be in Tarzan Rocks saw it for the first time and left within the first five minutes. However I've heard a lot of people that love it...so ya know. If you run out of stuff to do at Animal Kingdom just keep getting in line to see Festival of the Lion King over and over! lol. It is a great show and there's so much going on it would take you a couple of times to see everything. :)

michmousefan

I have yet to see Finding Nemo in person, but I've seen bits of it on Youtube and I personally think the music is TERRIBLE. The person I know that used to be in Tarzan Rocks saw it for the first time and left within the first five minutes. However I've heard a lot of people that love it...so ya know. If you run out of stuff to do at Animal Kingdom just keep getting in line to see Festival of the Lion King over and over! lol. It is a great show and there's so much going on it would take you a couple of times to see everything. :)
I *have* seen the Finding Nemo show and feel it's the worst stage show on Disney property. Songs are lame and uninspired, and the puppet thing gets old really quickly. It's OK for kids, but not if they are over 10 IMHO. Tarzan Rocks was a much better show, and FOTLK is also a fine show. They just hit a speed bump with Nemo.

tare

Ak is an easy full day park for us. I wasn't crazy about Tarzan and nemo is ok. I usually fall asleep during nemo which gives me more energy for the rest of the day :hilarious: :p

drp4video

I loved Tarzan Rocks as well. Saw it numerous times and still loved it. Saw Nemo two years ago, and bleh. Not a fan of Nemo (loved the movie, not the WDW show)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom