Tarzan Rocks show?!? what happened?

streudel423

Original Poster
I was just checking out the Animal Kingdom website, and it looks like Tarzan Rocks show is gone!! Anyone know when it was canceled? We went back in 2004 and it was the best show ever!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I was just checking out the Animal Kingdom website, and it looks like Tarzan Rocks show is gone!! Anyone know when it was canceled? We went back in 2004 and it was the best show ever!

They closed it.. enclosed the whole theatre and opened Nemo the Musical there

raven

They completely demolished the theatre a couple of years ago and built an indoor theatre to house "Finding Nemo: The Musical."

the-reason14

Oh yes, I absolutely had no intentions to see Tarzan rocks, but with nemo I cant imagine anything better being in its place.

"In the big blue world, we're gonna go explore.
In the big blue world, things we've never seen before.
So many creatures, swimming round the sea.
In the big blue world, and all of them are waiting for me."

Oh, thats my song right there, I love it.

kennyj29

Streudel

I absolutely loved the Tarzan show!!! That was one of my all time favorites. But I will finally get to see the new Nemo show!!! Hate to lose the old favorites but you have to be open minded to the new!:cry: :sohappy:

Chape19714

Tarzan Rocks Closed in January 2006.

Finding Nemo: The Musical had soft opened in December 2006, after a complete refurbishment to the theatre, including full enclosure, new lighting and projection effects, and a new sound system.

Finding Nemo offically opened in January 2007 and continues to play four times daily 7 days a week.

CThaddeus

I am also disappointed that Tarzan Rocks is gone. I heard it was awesome!

It really wasn't. I saw it once and at the time decided it would be the only attraction at Disney World I would never see again (and yet I love the movie and Phil Collins' songs). Amazingly, soon after Tarzan Rocks! went away, they added Lights, Motors, Action to the Studios. This gave me a whole new attraction to want to skip in the future.

PianoManKD

Account Suspended

Old news.

But the truth is they realized Phil Collins' music is just too genius to be displayed in a theme park.

C&D

It's a personal preference thing; I lament its loss. And on the other side of the coin, didn't particularly like Nemo, but I can live with Disney's decision.

The show "Tarzan Rocks" went to Broadway; don't know if it is still playing but I believe some of the original cast went to New York with it.

PKD

The show "Tarzan Rocks" went to Broadway; don't know if it is still playing but I believe some of the original cast went to New York with it.

Tarzan Rocks died and didn't go to Broadway. A Broadway show opened telling the story of the movie Tarzan. Tarzan Rocks was just a concert of the Tarzan songs with no story or plot. It really looked like they created the show and went "O CR*P, we forgot to have Tarzan! Lets just throw him in at the end and no one will notice."

Seanne

Hiya.
This is my first post on here but had to join the discussion to say. I loved the show Tarzan Rocks. But i think it made a huge difference who was preforming in it. I watched the show quite a few times and have to say the main guy singer Billy was excellent in it. He added life to the show.

As for Nemo - I have not seen it yet to comment. I hope it is amazing but just like when they closed the Hunchback of Notre Dame you cant help but miss it.

C&D

Tarzan Rocks died and didn't go to Broadway. A Broadway show opened telling the story of the movie Tarzan. Tarzan Rocks was just a concert of the Tarzan songs with no story or plot. It really looked like they created the show and went "O CR*P, we forgot to have Tarzan! Lets just throw him in at the end and no one will notice."
I think they got a lot of the plot and story in a half hour show. And the jist of what I was trying to convey was that a show, from Disney, with some of the original music, from "Tarzan Rocks" (written by Phil Collins) did in fact go to Broadway. I will admit my original post, if taken literally, was a little off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom