Tarzan on Broadway in 2006

DisneyChik17

WOW! I think this is a great idea. Though, in the back of my mind I see Tarzan Rocks on Broadway. :eek: I think if they can really put some element(good props and costumes) to it it will be wonderful. The movie was very good, I love Phil Colins' scores for the film and with more songs that will be the prefomance's staple. It may never be a Lion King, but they can try.

WeLComeHomE OKW

after reading the article it sounds like they are going all out for this...it sounds awesome to me!!! i cant wait to see it next summer. im sure it will be a smash, just like mary poppins is right now in london. (just to let you know they are also developing "the little mermaid" musical as well)

Chape19714

^Yeah, it should be a hit. After Billy Joel made great reviews with "Movin' Out", Popular music can fit in a musical. I heard of The Little Mermaid coming to Broadway, and I also heard that Mary Poppins is opening a New York version of the London Show.

just fyi.

Madison

Chape19714 said:
^Yeah, it should be a hit. After Billy Joel made great reviews with "Movin' Out", Popular music can fit in a musical. I heard of The Little Mermaid coming to Broadway, and I also heard that Mary Poppins is opening a New York version of the London Show.

just fyi.

"Mamma Mia" was very popular long before "Movin' Out" opened and uses songs from ABBA.

Rcoaster809

This is pretty exciting. If it is half as good as any of the other Disney Shows, it will be excellent. This will give us Northeasterners more to do when we cant get to Florida! I am really waiting for Mary Poppins though. I really want to see that.

Also, the only bad thing I can see about this is that critics wont like it, because they are awful at reviewing things.

imagineersrock

Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King are top-of-the-line shows, and I doubt Tarzan will be anything but top-of-the-line as well. Classic Disney Animated films make great musicals plain and simple. I personally would love to see Aladdin come to Broadway (the show at DCA looks great, and I heard there was a European tour of an Aladdin musical as well.) Also, anyone who has had the opportunity to go on the Disney cruise line knows that the film 'Hercules' makes a very entertaining show as well.

disneydreams

imagineer99 said:
does this sound like a dumb idea to anybody else? Collins' songs just aren't good enough.

Phil writes GREAT music. Sung "Broadway style;" I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think Tarzan will be succesfull. Tarzan Rocks! is still one of my favorite Disney stage shows. If interpreted the right way, whoever is directing Tarzan on Broadway should create an amazing production. I'll deffinitely see it.

Borf7

At first i thought this sounded like a bad idea to have Tarzan on Broadway but then again, Tarzan Rocks was one of the best shows on the Disney property. I do think they are going to have to write some new songs because "You'll Be In My Heart" is the only real hit. If they want to make this work I think they should just develop 3 or 4 more good songs that can tell the story.

Also, Little Mermaid has actually been in heavy development but they're having trouble with one major thing....making it believable to be underwater....if they can't make the proper underwater set, it'll never work. This is a shame because the Little Mermaid has the potential to be up there with Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King. That being said, I think Aladdin would also make a good broadway show but there is no talk of that from what I know.

imagineer boy

Wow, this should be cool! I can imagine Tarzan swinging from both sides of the stage on a vine, cool animal costumes, and great music. Should be a hit.

Chape19714

Madison said:
"Mamma Mia" was very popular long before "Movin' Out" opened and uses songs from ABBA.
Excellent Point, I forgot about Mamma Mia. So, the success is there, It's a great show, and Tarzan already has a fan base. Also, acrobatics and stunts will probally be used in the show, as well as some wonderful special effects. I think it will be excellent!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom