tarzan doesnt rock?

dazzer68

Original Poster
why when how is tarzan closing? im going 1st feb 2006, the first time back at wdw in ten years and was hoping to catch this show!
ps is cirque de sloeil worth the money?
pps happy christmas to you all!:xmas:

jdvm

Everyone has different tastes, but all I can say is that my kids (12, 14, 14 and 18) had very little good to say about Tarzan and ask to go to Cirque time after time. So whether or not you are able to see Tarzan, I'd head over to Cirque du Soleil. It's a lot of money but it's spectacular. Hope this helps.

pacochran

My Family Loves Tarzan Rocks, we made sure we went when we were there a couple of weeks ago. I think you may miss it though as it seems I heard of a January 2006 Closing date.:(

barnum42

Tarzan Rocks divides the community. I personally love it - the last of the live band shows. Looks like you will miss it though as the last I read it was due to close in January 2006.

Whilst I would like to see Cirque, I have other things I can do with $80.

Lynx04

Haven't seen Tarzan Rocks, but Cirque is well worth the money. In fact, I intend on seeing it again on my next trip.

celestia

My two cents on La Nouba...

If you havn't seen a Cirque show, go, its wonderful.
If you have another one of their shows to compare it to, it really isn't one of their better ones at all in my opinion, I was actually disapointed with it compared to some of their other shows (but I'm hard to please) but its still alright.

CThaddeus

Tarzan Rocks was, quite simply, lame. I never understood why anyone would want to sit through horribly bad versions of Phil Collins' great songs. It was painful and I hope whatever goes there sticks a little more closely with the movie it's based on.
If you want to see "La Nouba," you don't have to actually pay for it. The Bravo Channel shows it and a number of others somewhat frequently (the last time was this last Saturday night). Maybe the experience of watching it on TV isn't the same, but at least you can get a pretty good idea whether or not you want to pay for it. I love the music, but the shows all seem pretty much the same.

If you can afford to spend another $200.00 for a couple of tickets, buy the La Nouba tickets. My wife and I went in September and we loved the show, there is so much to take in visually it is amazing. We are going back to Disney World in May with aonther couple and at the 120 day mark we ordered 4 tickets to the show in the center row AA. If you can get seats in row AA as close to the centre as you can the view can't be beat. Tarzan was a also a good show and I am sorry that I won't get to see it again. The show had a lot of energy and the singing was just OK.

WeLComeHomE OKW

CThaddeus said:
Tarzan Rocks was, quite simply, lame. I never understood why anyone would want to sit through horribly bad versions of Phil Collins' great songs. It was painful and I hope whatever goes there sticks a little more closely with the movie it's based on.
If you want to see "La Nouba," you don't have to actually pay for it. The Bravo Channel shows it and a number of others somewhat frequently (the last time was this last Saturday night). Maybe the experience of watching it on TV isn't the same, but at least you can get a pretty good idea whether or not you want to pay for it. I love the music, but the shows all seem pretty much the same.

I would have to disagree. I had lots of fun, it was exciting and just a blast to be a part of. It had the audience get involved...but now that tarzan is coming out in broadway and the tarzan rocks show in DW can be heard all the way at EE, they thought it was appropriate to pull the plug. But the show was not cancelled because it was "lame".

dazzer68

Original Poster
thanks everyone for answers.im in england so cant get to wdw as often as id like! but will be making it more than ten years before my next visit!
shame about tarzan rocks or doesnt rocks! seems disney have missed afew good chances on some good shows..mary poppins would be a good one! and fantasia would be a great idea for a ride but seems they only want to do recent stuff now.and pity alien encounters gone too!
blimey stop moaning i havent even been yet!
hope you all have a great christmas see you in feb 2006!
44 days to go!!:xmas: :wave:

celticdog

Tarzan Rocks is a good show, considering it's in a theme park. It's solid entertainment. Is it a must see?, No. But it's free with admission, so why not go?

lady_vor

Lately people have been bashing down Tarzan Rocks. I saw the show when it first came out, which was about 5-6 years ago, and it was one of my main highlights of the trip. I haven't seen it since, so I don't know if it's changed at all, but when my mom and I saw it we thought that it was fantastic! Rollerblading combined with acrobatics... pretty cool!

I'd also really like it if someone could get back to me and tell me if the show has changed or gone downhill in some way over the past 5-6 years.
Thanks!

barnum42

CThaddeus said:
The quality of some performers has varied I will admit, but one of the attractions of the show is that unlike Beauty and the Beat or Little Mermaid they did something different with the material. The extra energy you get from a live band also makes the difference.

CThaddeus

To each his own, obviously, but I stand by my comment of lame. Let me put it this way - I'm a freak when it comes to the Disney Parks and I will try to go on just about everything because I can only get to Disney World every few years or so. When I visited in 2000 I rampaged through Animal Kingdom, making sure I saw and did everything I could. I found Tarzan Rocks! to be the most supremely disappointing Disney attraction at any of the Parks at that time, followed closely by the abysmal Under New Management at the Magic Kingdom and the second incarnation of Journey Into Your Imagination at EPCOT. When I visited again in 2002, Tarzan Rocks! was the one attraction I made sure I missed, thus saving myself a good hour for more enjoyable things. Additionally, when I watch the videos I tape of the attractions (and I do...way too much), I will always skip over this one...I just have NO interest in ever seeing it again.
Personally, I am happy to see this theater being changed to something different, and I hope it is along the same quality as Festival of the Lion King. I also hope the Broadway show follows the movie a little more closely...it's sure to be great if it does.

taramarie

Cant remember where....

But I read that Tarzan rocks will close the end of January 2006 and in November they will open a NEMO type show. I will look to see where I read it. I would have thought NEMO was not as popular by November 2006....unless they know something we don't know about a sequel! LOL

Tara

barnum42

The only thing I've read so far about when Tarzan closes that I'd believe is that they will enclose the theatre. As for the replacement show? Nemo has been mentioned a lot, but I'll keep an open mind.

timetoknowbe

Cirque du Soleil! You *have* to go! Its the most .... ... words can't even begin to explain how amazing it is! Imagine the most beautiful piece of artwork you've ever seen in your life, moving, with the most beautiful music. Everything is so surreal and beautiful. I went for the first time last June. I spent over half of the show with my mouth literally just hanging open, and my eyes wide, with all my hairs standing on end. Its a complete overload for the senses. Dance, and music, and art, and motion, and emotion, and comedy, and everything... You really can't *not* go see it. Its well worth the cost.

<NEANDERTHAL>
Cirque good, Tarzan Rocks bad!
</NEANDERTHAL>

Seriously, I've been to WDW 5 times now and I've seen Cirque 8 times and will do it again.

I've seen Tarzan Rocks once and even if they wern't closing it, it'd be on my "things to watch to get out of the rain" list.

If you can afford it go see La Nouba. We like Cirque so much we're considering splitting our next WDW holiday to include a couple of days in Vegas so we can see the shows there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom