Tapestry of Nations route

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
If the Disney were to create a refined Tapestry of Nations with more units and units with on board audio and an underliner track for the main speakers and ran a normal parade route with one entrance and exit and run the parade with only one corridoor being blocked at a time could they run a parade without any issues?

Rob562

Highly doubtful.

In its final months, Tapestry of Dreams was only running a single segment of the parade (either Mexico/Germany or Germany/Morocco, I forget which) and it was still a foot-traffic nightmare.

As much as I loved Nations (and lightly-tolerated Dreams), I don't think we'll ever see a regularly-scheduled parade in World Showcase ever again.

-Rob

jmb2676

I think they have put so much stuff on the WS promenade it would be almost impossible to have a parade let alone allow people to still walk during the parade. Would love to see something return though.

shipley731

Highly doubtful.

In its final months, Tapestry of Dreams was only running a single segment of the parade (either Mexico/Germany or Germany/Morocco, I forget which) and it was still a foot-traffic nightmare.

I think the route was Germany/Morocco. DH & I used to sit in the Matsu No Ma lounge and eat sushi while watching the parade. That's one of the things we used to love to do.

Polydweller

I think the route was Germany/Morocco. DH & I used to sit in the Matsu No Ma lounge and eat sushi while watching the parade. That's one of the things we used to love to do.

The last route was Germany/Morocco. They cut down from the original three routes to two and finally that last one.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The promenade is now unable to take a parade. It has far too much clutter and too little clearence.

Even back in 01 it was a jam. I had the pleasure of seeing the traffic nightmare created around Norway. Pre clutter.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
To bad they could't build a nice parade route around future world. Theres so much room to make a larger pathway and many little ones to redirect traffic. The could have to warehouses on both sides.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To bad they could't build a nice parade route around future world. Theres so much room to make a larger pathway and many little ones to redirect traffic. The could have to warehouses on both sides.

To basic and too short. Not to mention breezeways and monorail beams to reduce float size...

worldfanatic

We have that big old lagoon there that is only used for water transport and Illuminations, I would love to see something return there.

Something on the water during the day could be cool.
But another land based parade??? I think the other 3 parks already have that covered well enough.

We have that big old lagoon there that is only used for water transport and Illuminations, I would love to see something return there.

They've tried quite a few things over/on the lagoon during the day, and none of them worked very well and/or no one really cared.

Just like the abandoned stage behind the Fountain of Nations, the lagoon during the day is another example of current management not really knowing what to do with Epcot.

TheDisneyMagic

They've tried quite a few things over/on the lagoon during the day, and none of them worked very well and/or no one really cared.

Just like the abandoned stage behind the Fountain of Nations, the lagoon during the day is another example of current management not really knowing what to do with Epcot.

Oh I know definately, have seen a few of the things in years past during visits. I would love to see something different like an actual parade on water (Elaborate floats on the water opposed to the water pagent barges on the seven seas lagoon).

raven

The lagoon wasn't originally built for entertainment but rather to visually showcase each country and ties each of them together in a common way.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Something on the water during the day could be cool.
But another land based parade??? I think the other 3 parks already have that covered well enough.

Like a Tapestry of nations themed surprise in the sky. I bet that would look very interesting if they can keep the audience occupied for a good 10- 15 minutes. I just don't see why they cant just eliminate the units and bring the puppets thru. The puppets arrant moving vehicles. Just send them thru the crowd and play the music. Thats the only parade they dont depend on the units for audio.

Cmdr_Crimson

I just don't see why they cant just eliminate the units and bring the puppets thru. The puppets arrant moving vehicles. Just send them thru the crowd and play the music. Thats the only parade they dont depend on the units for audio.

Crowd Control, Clutter and breezeway size would be a huge problem. As many posters have stated!

Polydweller

Like a Tapestry of nations themed surprise in the sky. I bet that would look very interesting if they can keep the audience occupied for a good 10- 15 minutes. I just don't see why they cant just eliminate the units and bring the puppets thru. The puppets arrant moving vehicles. Just send them thru the crowd and play the music. Thats the only parade they dont depend on the units for audio.

From what I was told the puppets were a huge problem for two main reasons. It didn't take much wind for them to become quite difficult to control, they were just too tall. And they were fragile requiring constant maintenance which was just too expensive.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Let me clear things up here, when I mean future world I mean having the puppets start from the living seas, circle around innoventions and end by universe of energy. And when I mentioned the puppets roaming the crowds I meant in the world showcase.

Rob562

Let me clear things up here, when I mean future world I mean having the puppets start from the living seas, circle around innoventions and end by universe of energy. And when I mentioned the puppets roaming the crowds I meant in the world showcase.

Would you want to strap something 12 feet tall onto your back and start dancing it near something 16 feet off the ground that has 600 volts running through it?

-Rob

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
We don't want an Electrocution Parade and we don't want the sage of time to accidentally hit the beam with his staff. I always thought that beam was higher then 16 feet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom