Tapestry of Nations or Tapestry of Dreams?

What do you prefer Tapestry of Nations or Tapestry of Dreams?

• Tapestry of Nations

Votes: 28 73.7%
  • Tapestry of Dreams

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

DisneyrazZ

I personally cannot stand Tapestry of Dreams...i was SO disappointed when i saw it...they pretty much cut Tapestry of Nations and added one new scene and a few new puppets...big wh00p...i wish they would bring back TON :mad:

~DisneyrazZ~

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by DisneyrazZ
I personally cannot stand Tapestry of Dreams...i was SO disappointed when i saw it...they pretty much cut Tapestry of Nations and added one new scene and a few new puppets...big wh00p...i wish they would bring back TON :mad:

~DisneyrazZ~

not even that much.. no new puppets. They added cymbals to the disc, bells to the hammers, and gave the sprites antlers..

MKCustodial

When I was around during the Millenium Celebration I couldn't convince myself on watching it. By the pics and videos I had seen it just seemed so boring... I don't know maybe it's just me. I like parades that have more of a Disney feeling to them, with the characters, like Share a Dream, Magical Moments, or that one they had around in 1990.

Nut4Disney

I think TOD was a just a cheap knock off of TON, I felt like I was watching the same parade this year that I saw in 2000 ,but they just changed the name.

AdLibSean

I didn't vote because I haven't seen ToD yet. Although, making a prediction, I'd would've voted for Tapestry of Nations. I loved the message and theme of the whole parade. Its a shame that the theme of unity and compassion is only fresh at the turn of the millennium. I know they had to incorporate the whole Walt Disney thing into it, but did they? Anyway maybe they'll change it back?!?! I can hope can't I! I also loved the script, its so meaningful. I think the people who think its boring should read the script, listen to the music, then FEEL the parade, not just watch it. I miss the Sage, he was so grand and majestic, really gave the parade a sense of importance. From pix I've seen of the dream seekers, well... they look kinda silly. Especially the Leonardo Columbus guy... but I'm keeping an open mind. There's SO much that can be done with the parade to make it more full, it really is a beautiful peice! Mike Curry and Gavin Greenaway are GENIUSES! The puppets and the music are what really make this spectacular great. And in response to people who may think its old, and a washed up version of the 2000 one and nothing new-

Not everything is always going to be new. Unfortunately there are budget constraints, but my biggest point has to be that MANY people are probably seeing this for the first time. I didn't get back to WDW for SEVEN YEARS!!!!!! I know it probably isn't alot compared to some people, but not EVERYONE lives close to, or in, or has the mula to go to FL every other year or so. I personally hope they keep it around for a while, especially for that one kid who hasn't been back in 7 years. LONG LIVE TAPESTRY OF NATIONS
(Sorry for the long post... since its up on topics, thought I'd discuss my view)

goofyfan13

I wasn't able to witness TOD on my last visit to WDW but I loved TON, especially the music. I will probobly be seeing TOD during my next visit.

49 days!! Polynesian here we come!:sohappy: :sohappy:

J_Skellington

I have to say Tapestry of Dreams. The could have done more to change it, like say redo the "drum clocks", but other than that, it's great.

Stuart:fork:

DixieBelle97

I can't say b/c I find them both boring. Don't get me wrong, they are beautiful, but they're just not my type of parades.

There are to many puppets, bells, etc.

:fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

pixiedust1010

I saw Tapestry of Nations the first day I arrived for WDWCP with all of my roommates. We all cried through most of it. It was very moving and beautiful and I will always love it. I haven't seen ToD yet, but I'm sure I'll like it since it is so similar to ToN (and I'll find out the week after next!!!)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
DREAM, DREAM, DREAM...

DREAM, DREAM, DREAM...

DREAM, DREAM, DREAM...

if I see that parade again I'm gonna have NIGHTMARES...

PuertoRekinSam

Ugh. I don't know what it is about these parades, some people love them, others hate them. I must say I fall into the second catigory. Don't get me wrong I love love LOVE the percussion beat to them, but the Way-las get on my nerves SO quickly.

(and the parade in refrence eailer in the post from the mid 90s was the Surprise Celebration! Parade. It was hosted by Rodger Rabbit and had a Mari Gras theme to it. {for those who don't remember})

spectrofan

I like... both because they are the same and at the beginning it was like wow but know is just a song that I hear once in a while:drevil:

Irrawaddy Erik

I can't vote b/c I like them both ToN was awsome at the begining of the celebration but towards the end of summer 2001 it lost alot of flavor.......but once it reopened as ToD the excitement came back and people started to watch it again

AdLibSean

Since we're on the subject... can anyone tell me the differences between the two parades. Well, actually I have specific questions.

-What music themes from the original are still present?
-Does this include the "Reach for the Stars" music and do the pavillions still twinkle and such as they did for ToN?
-Is the whole "jam session" (Celebrate the Future hand in hand) fast paced music still included?
-Do the puppets still dance together during the Reach for the Stars theme?
Hopefully someone knows. Thanks!

PuertoRekinSam

the musical theming is still there. The only real diffrence is they put little kids saying "I dream of being a(n) ..." over and over again on top of the music. The speach of the sages have been changed too.
As far as I can tell these are the only major changes from the old musical theme

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom