Tapestry of Nations Marching Band

mpaul32001

Original Poster
I remember once downloading a song of a marching band playing Tapestry of Dreams or Nations. It was quite a lengthy piece. Does anyone know where I can locate it because i forgot. If you have it please email it to me here. I want it for my station. mpaul32001@aim.com

Wannabe Walt

I believe that I have the piece that you are talking about. However, it is two movements, Tapestry of Nations and Chaos. The Chaos part takes up a vast majority of the song. The TON movement is very short, only 6 full pages of the Marching Band style score (like 7.5" x 11") (or you could say it is 49 measures long. I have it entered into Sibelius 3.0 so I could hear what it sounded like. I can send you that file if you like. If I convert it to MIDI it won't sound as good because percussion and MIDI don't go well togther...but you would still get a somewhat good Woodwind/Brass part.

goofyfan13

I know the Cadets of Bergen County(of Drum Corps International for those of you who don't know) did a show in 2000 called, "We Are the Future" and it opened with the ToN intro, then went into Illuminations.

IMO it had one of the best drum solos I have ever heard.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
This piece was not a midi. It was a lengthy Tapestry of Nations piece and started with the percussion doing the ticks of the clocks if that helps. I don't remember anything else about it except it was so awesome!

EpcotMark

Its also on The Hal Leonard Marching Band CD from 2000 I believe, see if you can get yourself a copy. Its a band recording, not a midi file.

nelsonj3

I believe you can find some of the Tapestry of Nations and Illuminations ROE music on jwpepper.com. Do a title search and see what you find. Also, if you want to hear the Hal Leonard 2000 CD as EpcotMark suggests, go to www.halleonard.com, follow the links to the Marching Band section, and find the 2000 Marching Band CD.

Being a band director, I guess I'm supposed to know all this. :wave: :D
Also, our marching band show this year was Fantasmic! There is also a recording of the band version of Fantasmic that we did on jwpepper.com. Also, we are going to make a recording of our band playing it as soon as we get time.

Edit: I just searched halleonard.com. I found the Tapestry of Nations arrangement, but there is no recording of it. However, I do have it on CD if anyone wants to hear it. I could upload it as a torrent at DC Torrents or email it as an MP3.

bearwy

Recording of Cadets

You may download a recording of the 2000 Cadets which I believe is the recording you want at the Drum Corps International Season pass web site.
Go to dci.org and you can find a link. You will need a membership which is not expensive. Good Listening!

"Once a Trooper... always a Trooper."

DarkImage4

The Cadets show opened with the clocks ticking...so that might be what you are looking for. (FYI - Drum corps, not marching band ...:-D)

And for anyone who cares, my wife (fiance at the time) played in that show in the pit percussion, mostly marimba. What a bunch of memories....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom