Tapestry of Dreams parade at EPCOT

Mini_Mickey

Original Poster
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if you could take the time to sign my petition to bring back the Tapestry of Dreams parade at EPCOT. It might be to no avail and 20,000 signatures is VERY optimistic, but I know I can't be the only person desperate to see this wonderful parade back at EPCOT. Let's see if we can get it back.

http://www.change.org/petitions/walt-disney-world-bring-back-the-tapestry-of-dreams-parade-at-epcot

This is the link. You never know, we might be able to do something.

Cheers

Powerline

Didn't this parade being EPCOT WS to a standstill?

The music is nice but I recall them playing it at park closure so it's not like it's gone for good.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if you could take the time to sign my petition to bring back the Tapestry of Dreams parade at EPCOT. It might be to no avail and 20,000 signatures is VERY optimistic, but I know I can't be the only person desperate to see this wonderful parade back at EPCOT. Let's see if we can get it back.

http://www.change.org/petitions/walt-disney-world-bring-back-the-tapestry-of-dreams-parade-at-epcot

Cheers

Less than pointless!

Never saw it and would love to see it but with all the additions to WS since this left there is no way for it to make its way across WS! It is simply impossible with WS' current layout :shrug:

We liked it. I bought a CD of the music. Can anyone help me about how I find out about shows at the American Gardens Theater? We go in August 2012 and I fear nothing is on then!!

jakeman

Cheers
Unfortunately this is far from likely.

In addition to the traffic issues that the parade cause the puppets actually turned out to be fairly detrimental to the back health of the performers.

Cmdr_Crimson

This was a traffic nightmare! My parents couldn't believe how congested the walkways were during the parade to get to the attractions in WS.

graphite1326

I saw it once and really don't care if I see it again. But I am not a parade person either. I could never understand why people will line up hours before hand in the hot sun and putting up with the crowds just to see the same float go by year after year. Sorry but this is just me.

Rob562

Tapestry of Nations was infinitely better than the hacked up version that became Dreams.

But even so, you won't see it return for multiple reasons that have already been stated... Performers' health and safety as well as traffic nightmares.

-Rob

Mini_Mickey

Original Poster
Ah well, it was worth a shot eh? Now I come to think about it, i do remember the showcase getting very crowded when it was on!! I think it may stay a beautiful memory ;)

etwtec

They may not bring back Tapestry but I wish they would create something similar that would not cause injury to the performers. Maybe some kind of bicycle or push cart system that carries and control the puppets?

Agreed, like they use for Mickey's Jammin Jungle parade...that is my fave parade because it kind of reminds me of Tapestry....I did love that parade. And I am not a parade lover...

rkelly42

I loved Tapestry of Nations, but it did cause congestion around WS and was a little bit of a pain to manuever around at times.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I think they could bring it back if they only ran one parade from start to finish so they wouldnt block up all the gates, make lighter puppets, and arange the music and drum units so they can have onboared audio and use DTMF tomes and sound zones. And in that sircumstance they could run less puppets. Call me a nerd all you want I designed just that parade and music for it to. A little boaring but it runs allong a constant background track.

AllyInWonderland

Hey I was wondering where the Tapestry puppets (and drums) are now? I know they were in the Hollywood Studios backlot area, but aren't they taking that out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom