Tangled restrooms opening date

Weather_Lady

In all seriousness is the 2/25 "official?" I'm curious if they will be open when we're there 1st week of March. Yes... I ridiculous want to see them. LOL

It's not ridiculous at all. It's new, it's fun, it's pretty, it's immersive (not literally, one hopes) and it serves a very important purpose -- no one should be embarrassed about wanting to see it open. (When we were there in October and got into a New Fantasyland preview, I took extensive photos of the inside of those bathrooms.) :)

ExtinctJenn

In all seriousness is the 2/25 "official?" I'm curious if they will be open when we're there 1st week of March. Yes... I ridiculous want to see them. LOL
It's not ridiculous at all. It's new, it's fun, it's pretty, it's immersive (not literally, one hopes) and it serves a very important purpose -- no one should be embarrassed about wanting to see it open. (When we were there in October and got into a New Fantasyland preview, I took extensive photos of the inside of those bathrooms.) :)
Well good I feel better now. :D Seriously though I think the biggest thing for me is the idea of the spots where you can sit and charge devices and relax. This especially interests me because of it's location by IASW. IASW is an attraction my son and I adore and we love to do but DH not so much... so he is loving the idea of a place he can chill while we ride it. :)

Remember the days when Disney was praised for going the extra mile and immersively theming overly mundane things like fry carts, ride queues and bath rooms.
I'm so glad you said that... I've been thinking it. Everyone is always going bonkers over how lately the queues have gotten more detailed (like they used to be) on things like Everest and TSM. I saw a thread the other day about the detail of ceilings and floors. People complain when unthemed things are brought in or something is changed to fit the theming of a company (i.e. Starbucks) but with all this desire for the little details we know Disney can do so well, I don't get why people are so NOT in favor of details on a restroom. To me this is Disney going back to the way things used to be!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm so glad you said that... I've been thinking it. Everyone is always going bonkers over how lately the queues have gotten more detailed (like they used to be) on things like Everest and TSM. I saw a thread the other day about the detail of ceilings and floors. People complain when unthemed things are brought in or something is changed to fit the theming of a company (i.e. Starbucks) but with all this desire for the little details we know Disney can do so well, I don't get why people are so NOT in favor of details on a restroom. To me this is Disney going back to the way things used to be!
Exactly. Disney could have just as easily made bathrooms that look exactly like the facade of IASW with bare concrete in front. Yet they didn't. They went full tilt bozo and created a themed area with water features (the absence of which is something people still complain about) over the top landscaping, bridges and Rapunzel's freaking tower. All for some bathrooms and a walking path.

Lee

Adventurer
Exactly. Disney could have just as easily made bathrooms that look exactly like the facade of IASW with bare concrete in front. Yet they didn't. They went full tilt bozo and created a themed area with water features (the absence of which is something people still complain about) over the top landscaping, bridges and Rapunzel's freaking tower. All for some bathrooms and a walking path.
Or, they could have refurbished the perfectly functional bathrooms they already had and used the hundreds of thousands of dollars (more?) spent on the Tangled area to do something like, oh say...fix the yeti. Or refurb Peter Pan. Or clean up Small World. Or finally refurb Jungle Cruise. Or...

ExtinctJenn

Or, they could have refurbished the perfectly functional bathrooms they already had and used the hundreds of thousands of dollars (more?) spent on the Tangled area to do something like, oh say...fix the yeti. Or refurb Peter Pan. Or clean up Small World. Or finally refurb Jungle Cruise. Or...
True but the idea of building these new restrooms was to free up the space the current ones use for the larger/interactive Peter Pan queue wasn't it?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
or done absolutely nothing.

Lee

Adventurer
True but the idea of building these new restrooms was to free up the space the current ones use for the larger/interactive Peter Pan queue wasn't it?
Yes. But does every ride now have to have a mega-super-fun filled queue?

Well...I guess with the upcoming changes leading to longer Standby times...maybe they do.

Just seems like they are spending money to fix problems that they themselves are creating, rather than on things that currently need it.

ExtinctJenn

Yes. But does every ride now have to have a mega-super-fun filled queue?

Well...I guess with the upcoming changes leading to longer Standby times...maybe they do.

Just seems like they are spending money to fix problems that they themselves are creating, rather than on things that currently need it.
Totally see your point but to me they are fixing a problem... a large empty unused space that had been sitting since 1999 when the skyway shutdown. I think the times have changed and these interactive queues are a way to keep today's kids occupied. At least it may give folks an option other than being glued to their phone in line. :D

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sadly..the more likely choice.
But that is not what happened in this case. We know the reason for the new bathrooms, the walking path and the most probable fate of the old bathrooms. It is a project that needed to be done. They could have done it on the cheap, but they didn't.

Sure they could have spent the money in any one of a hundred other places, but I am just pleased to see Disney once again putting this much attention into something as simple as a bathroom. I do not have the first clue if this is a sign of things to come, a pet project, or whatever, but the fact remains that Disney did this project up to Disney standards.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom