Tambu Lounge

JTT

Original Poster
Tambu Lounge at the Polynesian is listed as a Table Service on the Disney Web site.

But I don't see where you can make reservations.

Are there tables? Are there waitresses? Do you just order food from the bar?

The food looks great.

Minnie Mum

It's a lounge, not a restaurant, so no, you can't make reservations. Yes, there are tables and servers, just like at most lounges anywhere. Just sit down at either the bar or a table and order what you want from the bartender or server.

DE_DISNEY

We stayed at the Polynesian in August. One thing that surprised me was the lack of prices there. I have heard of the $40 drinks at Trader Sams and did not want a similar experience at Tambu.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It can get really busy there at times because it is connected to where 'Ohana is. So it becomes a waiting space for people waiting for their table. The wings from 'Ohana are on the Tambu menu and are tasty.

Weather_Lady

I've only been there while waiting for an 'Ohana ADR. (A "Lapu Lapu" was on my Disney bucket list, so it worked out.) I wouldn't recommend it if you want a quiet, intimate experience as it's sandwiched between the noise of 'Ohana and the noise of the waiting area outside, with additional noise drifting up from the lobby below. However, if you just want a place to grab a drink and some light munchies, and if you prefer it to the other onsite lounges, then you can't beat the convenience. It's definitely not what you'd think of when you think "table service," though!

dreamfinder

We stayed at the Polynesian in August. One thing that surprised me was the lack of prices there. I have heard of the $40 drinks at Trader Sams and did not want a similar experience at Tambu.

The drinks at Trader Sams are only $30-40 if you want to keep the tiki mug. The drink alone is usually $10-15.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom