Talking Mickey

Scrump520

Original Poster
I got to experience magician mickey and thought it was really cool. One tiny glitch in communication but all in all it was amazing. I was wondering what others thought of it. I was originally against it because i felt that it would make it seem strange that others like donald and minnie didnt ever speak. In addition, immediately following our exit of town hall mickey was on a float rolling down main street usa which was hard to justify to some of the younger members of our party. Really cool attraction. anybody else enjoy it or even see issues with it?

WDWDad13

We experienced it. It was very cool and my daughter absolutely loved it!!! Wasn't sure how they were doing it (if someone was behind the mirror triggering responses or phrases or what?) but it's a great start towards future meet and greets for costume characters.

Sparkle81

We took our 2 year old for this M&G, and I wasn't sure how he would react but he LOVED it! It was also his first character meeting of the whole trip (and ever!), but it didn't have any bearing on his subsequent meets & the fact they didn't talk.
I saw a clip posted on here somewhere a few months back of this Mickey, and when I saw it, I wasn't sure. However seeing it in the flesh, I was won over.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Other talking character suits already exist...they just are not used in the parks. I suspect you'll see them make their debuts sooner rather than later.

TDF

Ouch that’s awkward. Mommy, Mickey was just inside how is he out here now. I honestly have no idea how I would handle that. I would probably say… it’s Disney of course! Anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed him. I just wonder why other meet and greets don’t talk yet. When we met Mickey and Minnie in AK they where silent. I think talking would of made it a little more magical.

ImagineerDude

Show us pics/video if you can. Enjoy!:inlove:
We did it but we didn't get a talking Mickey! :mad: Then I left my bag with my new $60 WDW pullover in it in the room with Mickey. Just so everyone knows, if you lose something or you left it somewhere the CMs probably have it! We went back about an hour after we met him and the CMs knew exactly what we were talking about. They have a compartment for lost things just before the queue line so now I don't feel as stupid because it must happen more often than I think haha :p

luv

I prefer a Mickey who doesn't talk. Just a personal preference, though. I'm not going to campaign against talking Mickeys.

Magenta Panther

Other talking character suits already exist...they just are not used in the parks. I suspect you'll see them make their debuts sooner rather than later.

I read a post somewhere on this board about an "articulated, talking Beast" costume the Imagineers were working on. I wonder what's going on with that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom