Takumi-Tei to debut new menu in August

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's the announcement:

We are honored to announce a significant transformation at Takumi-Tei.

Our esteemed Japanese Chef has meticulously redesigned all our courses – 菊-KIKU (Omnivorous), 蓮-HASU (Plant-based), and 向日葵-HIMAWARI (Children’s) – to bring you an unparalleled dining experience.

Join us on this culinary journey starting August 1st.

IMG_7A0FF833D350-1.jpeg

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I experienced Takumi-Tei both Ala-carte and Pre-fixe. The quality of food, presentation, and service were second to none and I absolutely loved it. I think it's in my top 3 of signature dining on property.

Sadly you can almost always do a walkup to get seated which for something of this caliber should be unheard of. The two problems are the price and the authentic (scary for people who think deli mustard on a hotdog is pushing the boundaries) cuisine.

We know they're not reducing the price, so I suspect that the menu is going to be tamed down. (Although I sincerly hope it isn't because it is just that good.)

tanc

Last time I went I thought it was alright, not sure if I'd go back. Interested in what they will serve, but I remember there being some weird crunchy soft shell crabs or something. Even my Japanese friends that I speak to regularly have never eaten those.

菊- means chrysanthemum and 蓮 this means lotus

Last edited:

minaayindra

I am brand-new to Disney and spending part of Oct. there. The confusion I have is if there is somewhere I can reserve here, since it is independently owned from Disney, or do I need to do it through Disney reservations for dining? My date to reserve is next week but, if I can get that out of the way, it will be another burden lifted.

BrianLo

I am brand-new to Disney and spending part of Oct. there. The confusion I have is if there is somewhere I can reserve here, since it is independently owned from Disney, or do I need to do it through Disney reservations for dining? My date to reserve is next week but, if I can get that out of the way, it will be another burden lifted.

It's booked through Disney Dining Reservations. The restaurant though will email you after the fact to affirm you know what you are getting into and there is a 100$ cancellation fee (or at least was) after this confirmation.

Hockey89

I experienced Takumi-Tei both Ala-carte and Pre-fixe. The quality of food, presentation, and service were second to none and I absolutely loved it. I think it's in my top 3 of signature dining on property.

Sadly you can almost always do a walkup to get seated which for something of this caliber should be unheard of. The two problems are the price and the authentic (scary for people who think deli mustard on a hotdog is pushing the boundaries) cuisine.

We know they're not reducing the price, so I suspect that the menu is going to be tamed down. (Although I sincerly hope it isn't because it is just that good.)
It will never last where many at Disney still want their well-done steak, baked potato and a slice of white bread...

Our meal was fantastic but this was always going to change long term.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Well, $500 bucks is steep for 2, so this will never be a place we would eat. For us, the value simply isn't there for us to send $500 + and then still be a bit hungry. To be fair, I'm sure the food is phenomenal but just isn't something I'd like to spend that much $ on.

Disstevefan1

Here's the announcement:

We are honored to announce a significant transformation at Takumi-Tei.

Our esteemed Japanese Chef has meticulously redesigned all our courses – 菊-KIKU (Omnivorous), 蓮-HASU (Plant-based), and 向日葵-HIMAWARI (Children’s) – to bring you an unparalleled dining experience.

Join us on this culinary journey starting August 1st.

View attachment 805466
Yea, that looks like $250 plus tax and gratuity..

Phonedave

Last time I went I thought it was alright, not sure if I'd go back. Interested in what they will serve, but I remember there being some weird crunchy soft shell crabs or something. Even my Japanese friends that I speak to regularly have never eaten those.

菊- means chrysanthemum and 蓮 this means lotus

I will eat just about anything. But soft shell crab is one of those things I order every so often, and then when I eat it, I say "Why did I order this, I don't like soft shell crab".

I don't like the texture, and I don't like the taste. I love crab, I can pick and eat crab meat for hours. But soft shells, ugh, I just don't like them. It's like eel. I have had a few eels I liked, but most of the time it is "well, that was a waste of money".

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
For those who’ve done Victoria and Albert’s, this, and other similarly priced/experienced outside of Disney, how do they compare?
Just looking strictly on property, the three $$$$ignature Dining locations are V&A, Monsieur Paul, and Takumi-Tei. I did all three in 2023.

V&A is on a whole other level. The food and service alone are something that if you have the ability to do so, you should experience it at least once. The only negative is the ambiance of the dining room, it is dated and stale like it's right out of the late 80's. I wish they had renovated it during its extended shutdown after Covid. But looking past that, it is totally deserving of all the awards it has won.

I absolutely loved Takumi-Tei. Every aspect of the meal and service is both visually stunning, intricate, and authentic reflective of the best of Japanese cuisine. The various themed dining rooms are engaging and accentuate the experience. Lastly the service is amazing. Sadly because the cuisine can be intimidating to less adventurous eaters, the place is almost always empty, which really takes away from the energy of the restaurant. Bonus points that since it's an in park restaurant the dress code is not uppity.

Lastly, this brings me to Monsieur Paul which has repeatedly been the biggest disappointment of the $$$$ignature Dining locations on property. Before it was transformed into a pre-fixe experience, the food was authentically French, but it just wasn't great. Quality wise it was just a little bit better than what you got downstairs. It was basically V&A Lite. After the pre-fixe menu debuted it really didn't improve things. The menu was quite frankly dull. I think it also changed to be less seafood focused, which when it reopened it was. Ambiance is stuffy and old. It shouldn't come as a surprise that with the price, quality of food, and ambiance, the place is always available for walkup and ADRs. So much better could be done to showcase wonderful modern French Cuisine and make it a truly magical experience, but knowing Disney they'll just throw Ratatouille IP in and call it a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom