Taking the train?

Princess Kitty

Original Poster
Hello,

DH and I are planning to travel to Disneyland via train with our DS (age 2) in the fall. Yes, we're either incredibly brave or very stupid (or maybe both) :lol:. Has anyone else travelled two days across the southwest on a train? If so, do you have any tips for us?

Thanks in advance.

AliceinWhoville

We're coming by train from Ohio this summer, I look at it as an adventure.
Never been on a train before, or been out west. Yes to crazy & brave lol

I already figured out getting to Los angeles, train to Anaheim, ART bus or taxi to DL our hotel in right front of the main gate, next day get a rental car to drive to the beach, then San Francisco for the rest of the trip

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Driving across the US where you can pull of the highway and see the country is an adventure. Spending 2 days trapped in a steel tube with a port-o-let in the back that stops at every single podunk town along the way all while trying to entertain a 2 year old is only an adventure in keeping your sanity.

Driving across the US where you can pull of the highway and see the country is an adventure. Spending 2 days trapped in a steel tube with a port-o-let in the back that stops at every single podunk town along the way all while trying to entertain a 2 year old is only an adventure in keeping your sanity.

I would have to agree.

We looked at using a train once and found that the time it would take us to get there by train was longer than if I simply drove... Now considering I would actually be stopping to sleep at night if I drove... I could only imagine that the train must stop a lot or go incredibly slowly.

Also I think you would want to look at the cost of a sleeping car and then figure out the cost of airline tickets. Last time I looked at all the options I found that a train wasn't any better deal than flying was except that it guaranteed me to lose at least 3 days of my vacation on the extended travel time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom