Taking pictures

Disfan44

Original Poster
A question for those who use digital cameras please. Do you take extra memory chips or is there a place in WDW that will download photos onto a disc for you (i.e. MK photo shop)? I really don't want to buy 5 extra chips if possible. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ron

crazydaveh

there is a place in EPCOT that you can put them on pics, though you can always head to Walgreens just outside the park on 192. I always take my laptop and download them into the computer to keep space on my camera!

s25843

I take about 2gb worth of chips with me, (that allows me to take 500 8MP pics) and then download em onto my laptop when I get to the hotel throughout the day

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
we take about 2 gb of memory between the members of my party... personally, I take just under a half gig.

And you can burn onto a CD at WDW... but I wouldn't recommend it. It takes half a day to do and costs around $12. Walgreens just off property in Lake Buena Vista does it in under an hour for less than $5.

PhotoDave219

YES!

New at the Magic Kingdom in Exposition Hall is one of those Kodak photo kiosks that allows you to burn to CD the contents of a memory card. The price i was quoted was around $13.00 and you can DIY.

If you try it at epcot, they have to send it to a lab and you must leave your memory card there with them and as Rob says, its takes 1/2 a day to do.

All in all it is cheaper/easier to bring lost of memory with you as most of us download our take nightly or during the midday, although ive shot a gig in 1 day at normal jpg resolution.

s25843

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
YES!

New at the Magic Kingdom in Exposition Hall is one of those Kodak photo kiosks that allows you to burn to CD the contents of a memory card. The price i was quoted was around $13.00 and you can DIY.

If you try it at epcot, they have to send it to a lab and you must leave your memory card there with them and as Rob says, its takes 1/2 a day to do.

All in all it is cheaper/easier to bring lost of memory with you as most of us download our take nightly or during the midday, although ive shot a gig in 1 day at normal jpg resolution.

My last trip brought in about 2.6 gigs worth of pics.

Also, Remember to take Batteries!!! If your cam uses regular AA batteries, consider getting a set of rechargables, or just bring extra with you. They will wack you at the park if you need to buy any.

My Sony has its own battery packs that last for about 200 minutes each, when I go into the parks I usually take 4-6 of them with me, and then mass charge them at night with a couple of dual chargers.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by s25843
My last trip brought in about 2.6 gigs worth of pics.

Also, Remember to take Batteries!!! If your cam uses regular AA batteries, consider getting a set of rechargables, or just bring extra with you. They will wack you at the park if you need to buy any.

My Sony has its own battery packs that last for about 200 minutes each, when I go into the parks I usually take 4-6 of them with me, and then mass charge them at night with a couple of dual chargers.

Beat me to the punch. Batteries Batteries Batteries. Was at the Dayton Air Show this year (great show, anniv. of flight, Thunderbirds, Blue Angels, and Canadian Snow Birds all flew routines) and had to get some batteries. 8 AA's cost me $40 for a little souvenir stand (actually cost my father-in-law).

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
3 sets of rechargable AAA's... and a charger in case they don't last. Generally, I've been able to get a full days use out of them without a need for recharging.

I might have to add a newer Sony Clie to the arsenal as well... makes for a good device to chimp photos on

Tramp

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
YES!

That's good info, Dave! I usually take three 256mb flash cards with me and shoot at 1024x768 resolution, superfine compression, which gives me about 1400+ pictures. $13 doesn't sound outrageous to me if you need more space in a pinch.

I carry a battery charger with me that I can plug into any wall socket anywhere. I have a charger in the car too.

Thanks!:wave:

PhotoDave219

Yeah, its pretty new at the MK. I almost used it last tuesday after i was out of space. Instead, i wasted 2 hours going back to the hotel room. Lost a lot of good light and picture time. On the other hand, i found time to shave and take a quick shower while it downloaded. Thirteen bucks would have been worth 2 hours of my time.

And just cuz its on my mind.... I recommend that anyone bringing tripods into the park put them in a locker or have them held at guest relations until you need them. Its just, well, easier than lugging them around. You dont want to needlessly weight yourself down.

barnum42

My little camera is only a 1.3 megapixel job, so a 128mb card easily stored the 350 snaps I took, with buckets of room to spare.

bluesnut

I usually do the laptop thing. But I have always felt the lowest quality with the most pics was just fine. But I think if you have a car it might be worth the drive to Walgreen's when you consider $13.00 vs. $3.00:veryconfu

Disfan44

Original Poster
Thanks to all!!!

Unfortunately I'm one of the few people on the planet who doesn't have a laptop.:rolleyes: I guess I'll get a couple 256mb chips and spend the $13 if I run out of memory.

Thanks for the feedback!

Aloha,

Ron

PhotoDave219

While i dont wanna spend the $13 bucks either, when you have to wait for busses to get back to the resort, etc, you start taking into account exactly how much your time is worth..... IN an ideal world, taking the time to download is of course worth it, but when youre in a rush and running out of daylight.....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Having "lost" some images last year, this year i intend to take the compact digital for snaps and shoot proper stuff on film. Ill get it burned to CD when I get back.

Unless some one knows where I can rent a D1H or D100. (Free kit no more Dave, but much better money):animwink:

bamboo7

I use (and highly reccomend) the X-Drive Image Tank

http://the-discount-shop.com/default.php?cPath=74_29

With USB2 Connectivity, and a slot of any kind of digital media you have, a laptop hard drive inside allowing for as much storage as you want, and an internal rechargable battery that will last about 2 hours of image copying, it is a great solution.

I reccomend buying the unit that comes with no drive (http://the-discount-shop.com/product_info.php?cPath=74_29&products_id=72) and throwing in any laptop HD you have around, or picking one up cheaply on ebay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom