Taking photos at waterparks

minnie2000

Original Poster
I read somewhere on this site that in the waterparks, you can get a small photopass card to attach to your wrist. Where do you pick these up? And can you add the photos to your normal size photopass card later on? I don't want to pay for 2 cds!

Just in case we don't buy the photopass cd, I was hoping to take a disposable waterproof camera to get some photos of our DDs. I don't have much experience of these, so could someone recommend a good brand - nothing too expensive in case we lose it there!

Is it at all possible to buy a disposable digital camera? I'm pretty sure the answer to this will be no, but its worth asking! You seem to be able to buy many things in the USA that are not available in the UK - I really love shopping over there! The only thing with a non-digital camera is that we'll have to print out all the pictures without knowing if they are any good, and I won't be able to have them on my computer.

One more thing - where is a good place to get photos developed? We will be staying in the Polynesian, but if we go off site, we tend to go to the Orange Lake area. Is Walgreens ok to get photos done?

MousDad

I read somewhere on this site that in the waterparks, you can get a small photopass card to attach to your wrist. Where do you pick these up? And can you add the photos to your normal size photopass card later on? I don't want to pay for 2 cds!

Just in case we don't buy the photopass cd, I was hoping to take a disposable waterproof camera to get some photos of our DDs. I don't have much experience of these, so could someone recommend a good brand - nothing too expensive in case we lose it there!

Is it at all possible to buy a disposable digital camera? I'm pretty sure the answer to this will be no, but its worth asking! You seem to be able to buy many things in the USA that are not available in the UK - I really love shopping over there! The only thing with a non-digital camera is that we'll have to print out all the pictures without knowing if they are any good, and I won't be able to have them on my computer.

One more thing - where is a good place to get photos developed? We will be staying in the Polynesian, but if we go off site, we tend to go to the Orange Lake area. Is Walgreens ok to get photos done?

There are Photopass workers posted at various places throughout, like at the bottom of some slides. Each worker will either give you a new card, or let you add it to yours, just like all PP locations. The water park card is a smaller square model that rubber bands around your wrist.

You do not to order multiple CDs. When you log in to your Photopass account, you can upload pictures from as many different cards as you want. You don't need to worry about getting all your pics on one card.

NASAMan

Photopass is great when you don't have a camera. Many folks use both. I suggest taking a picture of the code on the back of the Photopass card so if it gets misplaced you can still retrieve your photos.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The Photopass wristband is provided by any Photopass photographer in the water parks. It can be worn for the duration of your stay if you want and used instead of a Photopass card. Don't worry though, you can combine any number of Photopass cards and wristbands onto one CD order.

You can buy disposable digital cameras or waterproof disposable cameras, but I'm not sure you can get a waterproof disposable digital camera [I googled and although there were articles about waterproof disposable digital cameras, there were no brands mentioned]. If you want the pictures on your computer, a number of processing companies will print your film to paper and provide a digital CD of your pics as well [for a fee].

Richie248

Photopass is especially awesome at the water parks, they do a great job of capturing the magic without the risk of me losing my camera in the water.

Disneykidder

You can purchase regular disposable cameras at the parks, but get one before you leave at a Walmart or something. They are double the price in Disney.

minnie2000

Original Poster
The Photopass wristband is provided by any Photopass photographer in the water parks. It can be worn for the duration of your stay if you want and used instead of a Photopass card. Don't worry though, you can combine any number of Photopass cards and wristbands onto one CD order.

You can buy disposable digital cameras or waterproof disposable cameras, but I'm not sure you can get a waterproof disposable digital camera [I googled and although there were articles about waterproof disposable digital cameras, there were no brands mentioned]. If you want the pictures on your computer, a number of processing companies will print your film to paper and provide a digital CD of your pics as well [for a fee].

Thanks Monty - I didn't know that!

sweetale

I know you were looking for a disposible digital camera, but if you are in the market for a regular waterproof digital camera I would recommend the Olympus brand. I believe it is the model Stylus 1080 (correct me if I'm wrong) and it is waterproof up to 10 ft for up to 4 hours at a time. It is also crushproof and shock resistant, up to 6ft? And it takes very nice pics. Plus you can buy a flotation wrist strap! Expect to pay around $270-300 US dollars for the camera. But I thought I would suggest it!! Have fun at the waterparks!:wave:

Cheshire413

You can purchase regular disposable cameras at the parks, but get one before you leave at a Walmart or something. They are double the price in Disney.

This is very true! My hubby and I always buy one at Walgreens or Target or Fred Meyers before we go because you can be assured that items like cameras will be x2 the price. I actually like to get the waterproof disposable cameras rather than the photopass because I like to take my own pics. :p

Raven66

I've never seen a disposable digital camera. But we have bought Fuji brand waterproof disposables to take to the waterparks or for use on Splash Mountain or Kali. They work really good and then I just have them developed at Wal Mart when we get home.

TinkrTiki

I know you were looking for a disposible digital camera, but if you are in the market for a regular waterproof digital camera I would recommend the Olympus brand. I believe it is the model Stylus 1080 (correct me if I'm wrong) and it is waterproof up to 10 ft for up to 4 hours at a time. It is also crushproof and shock resistant, up to 6ft? And it takes very nice pics. Plus you can buy a flotation wrist strap! Expect to pay around $270-300 US dollars for the camera. But I thought I would suggest it!! Have fun at the waterparks!:wave:

where can you buy the flotation wrist strap?

Phonedave

There are disposible digitals out there, I have seen them at CVS Pharamacy among other places. They are pretty common.

I have never seen a disposible digital waterproof camera.

If you allready have a digital camara, google around and see if there is a waterproof case for it. I have the waterproof case for my camera and it works great. I can access all camera functions though the case controlls. I think it ran me about $65

There are also universal "bags" that go around cameras for wet areas. I would not take them more than a few feet underwater, but they are good for what they are meant for. They have a special clear insert that goes up against the lens so that you can take pictures though it.

If you just want to bring your camera, but not take pictures in the water, I have had good experence with ALOCKSACS (google that too). They are like industrial zip-loc bags. They are mil-spec waterproof bags though. I keep my cell phone in one and swim with it all the time. They run about $6-7 for a 3 packs (depends on the size of the bags you get)

-dave

sweetale

Sorry for so many posts, but to follow up:
You can find the strap at Best Buy, just search for "Olympus Flotation Neck Strap" and it should pop up. And it is in stock!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom