Taking a friend.......

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Hi Everyone......

I'm considering taking my son and his friend (both 12 years old) to WDW in October. My husband is very ANTI-Disney so there is no help/support from him regarding my trips and obsession with all things Disney (he keeps telling me to grow up.....) But I digress.

I'm wondering if I can handle two twelve year old boys at the World for about 6 days?

Not only that--but I will be paying for MOST of this other boy's trip because he comes from a big family so I'm sure that they will only be able to contribute just a small amount.

Any horror stories on taking kids not in your own family to the World? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Christina
P.S.--Homesickness would NOT be a problem. This summer this boy spent half of it at our house. He is not one to get homesick at all and has been on other short trips with us.

wannabeBelle

LOL LOL LOL Actually my dear I think the term is Pleasure Island!!! Have you and Darling Husband been there yet?? Awesome place to go actually to check out all the nightclubs!! I know dont start complaining you are too tired blah blah blah. Rest after you get home from Disney!!! Get in room babysitting and go for broke!! Or worse case scenario, we could always try to arrange a girls weekend away!! Hahahahahahaha!! Belle

Upvote 0

Rotel1026

Originally posted by CoraJack
Thank you very much everyone. I hope I can pull all of this off :)

I'm obsessive about safety and I will be freaking out (and making them take the walkie-talkie with them) when they are in the bathrooms. The bathrooms are really the worst part--esp the ones with two exits/entrances.

Thanks again!!!

Christina

I may be wrong, but don't most restrooms with two exits/entrances usually have them facing the same side? If that's the case, then you could always just take turns with the boys. Have them go to the restroom first and wait for them in a spot where you can see the entrance/exit to the restroom. When they come back, have them wait for you at the same spot you waited for them.

Otherwise, everyone else on here has had some great ideas. Enjoy your trip. I'm sure this will be a very memorable trip for your son's friend. You'll earn major cool points with him.

Valentin

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Girls weekend out? Now that's an idea...

I could probably afford to just get myself to the World for a bit - Ya'll let me know if you want some company! :D

Upvote 0

kosherkid411

TWO kids... try FIVE kids

Just read the post and had to share my thoughts...

I went to WDW for New Year's Eve 1999-2000. I was 16 at the time. I went with my brother (14), sister (12), male cousin (10), male cousin (7), and my parents. Are age diifernece and that we all look alot alike, made eveyone think that my parents were carzy for having five kids. Everywhere we went, my parents were asked if they were all theirs. it was pretty funny. We got aslong great though, as we usally do.

Taking two kids shouldn't be a problem, just as long as they both want to ride the same thing. That was the only problem. The only ride we had that problem was the Rock n' Roller Coaster. The funny thing was the the middle two ckickened out, while the baby (7), and the oldest two went on it and loved it.

Enjoyu the trip!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Surely taking two 12 yr olds by yourself can't be any different than a single parent taking her own two children ?
If YOU think that you can cope then go for it and have fun.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom