Take the bus, or take the car?

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
Lately, we have been displeased with the bus transportation due to how long it takes, how packed the buses are (I do take it into condiseration that we stay at value & moderate resorts which in my opinion look like they pack up more than buses to the deluxe resorts)
so..we have just been driving to the parks and find this to be more efficient except when we go on our trips we do like to indulge in the adult beverages in which we find it obviously better to take the bus.

What is everyone's inout about WDW'S transportation system? Any ideas on how it could improve?

maryszhi

i always use the buses except once in a while if i am running late for a reservation or i decide to go the boardwalk and stay passed the parks closing time. in those cases i use a cab. when i go with my parents we rent a car as well.

maryszhi

Lately, we have been displeased with the bus transportation due to how long it takes, how packed the buses are (I do take it into condiseration that we stay at value & moderate resorts which in my opinion look like they pack up more than buses to the deluxe resorts)
so..we have just been driving to the parks and find this to be more efficient except when we go on our trips we do like to indulge in the adult beverages in which we find it obviously better to take the bus.

What is everyone's inout about WDW'S transportation system? Any ideas on how it could improve?
funny thing the longest i have ever waited for a bus was the grand floridian. it got to the point where i went to the front desk and ended up taking the monorail to the magic kingdom and then switched to a bus. coming back i think the longest i waited was at the studios emh. i think they need to add more buses during peak times.

DisneyAubs

Busses used to not bother me at all. They were just an accepted part of the WDW experience, you know? The on my last trip we were able to use my aunt's car and now like to drive. If we fly in and have to use busses it isn't a problem at all, but I prefer driving now.

RoyWalley

Done both, but prefer the buses. I don't have any problem waiting for the buses. Enjoy talking to people and seeing the kids and how excited they are on the bus, especially on the way to WDW.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I've said before and I'll say it again.
No money is ever better spent on a WDW vacation than the 150 bucks I drop on the rental car.
The comfort, convenience, and hours I get back not waiting for buses is priceless.

As mentioned You do have to take into consideration the "getting your drink on" factor.
But my wife doesn't drink that much and I usually taper off as the end of the evening gets close
so it's not a problem.

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
funny thing the longest i have ever waited for a bus was the grand floridian. it got to the point where i went to the front desk and ended up taking the monorail to the magic kingdom and then switched to a bus. coming back i think the longest i waited was at the studios emh. i think they need to add more buses during peak times.
That is a valid point. I agree with adding buses during peak times as well if that is something that they are able to do.

Vader2112

Agreed Shookie! Always rent a car look on Web for discount codes and you will say a good chunk or cash. Plus I have a AAA Diamond parking pass which allows you to park up close near the Handicapped area. This parking area is especially close at Epcot and HWS.
This way no waiting for a bus or those sighs and grunts when I have to collapse the double stroller. The only BO I smell is my families. Can change the kids into jammies on late nights. No team needed thanks to Diamond parking.

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
Busses used to not bother me at all. They were just an accepted part of the WDW experience, you know? The on my last trip we were able to use my aunt's car and now like to drive. If we fly in and have to use busses it isn't a problem at all, but I prefer driving now.
Same with us. I dont "hate" the buses or anything just have been a little displeased and at the end of a long hot day the last thing you want to do is get packed on a sweaty, rather slow lol bus. I would rather be sitting in our car back to the hotel with the ac ;)

SulleyanBoo

Original Poster
Agreed Shookie! Always rent a car look on Web for discount codes and you will say a good chunk or cash. Plus I have a AAA Diamond parking pass which allows you to park up close near the Handicapped area. This parking area is especially close at Epcot and HWS.
This way no waiting for a bus or those sighs and grunts when I have to collapse the double stroller. The only BO I smell is my families. Can change the kids into jammies on late nights. No team needed thanks to Diamond parking.
LOVE the parking at AK, HS and Epcot. I dont remember the last time we bussed it to either one of those.

ddbowdoin

I'd have to agree...

my last two stays were at the BC and we never once had any issues with bus system

DisneyAubs

My sister insists that they will use the busses on our trip because it is all part of the "experience" for them, but I would bet good $ that she will change her tune once she sees how we are beating them to the park.

The other great thing about driving is if you have ADRs at resorts it is soooo much easier if you are not reliant on busses.

Vader2112

The only times I have used the buses was at Coronado when my 4 year old demanded we do so as she thinks it's a big person thing to do. It was her little fantasy and I was not going to squash it .
The other was a planned evening of drinking around the world with a friend visiting from out of town.

wiigirl

I always do buses...lately though with the crowding and waits I have thought about taking or renting a car.

75.gif

MattC

Drive yourself. I've never had problems with the buses. But your own car is faster and more comfortable. Also, at the end of the day your car is with you. You don't have to park hop back to get car.

Nicole

I always prefer to drive everywhere except MK, if we're headed there we take the bus. But the last trip we flew instead of driving and decided not to rent a car and it was fine. I don't think I'd pay to rent a car unless we were doing a lot of resort dining.

PolynesianPrincess

When we stayed at WL we never had issues with the buses. they were NEVER full, we never had to stand and they arrived always within 5 minutes of us getting to the stop going both to and from the parks. We never had to wait more than one bus to get on. We are staying at All Star Sports in 2 1/2 weeks so we will see how transportation is then. We do like the convenience of the car cause we can keep sweatshirts and stuff that we dont need during the dar in there and when we park hop in the afternoon, we can grab what we need for the evening. Better than renting a locker.

Minthorne

This is why I love the dolphin/swan. Walk or boat to Epcot and DHS, walk through Epcot and monorail to MK. Take rental car to AK. I don't like the buses!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom