take several pairs of shoes

Worktillidie

Shoes

Crocs r a must they can get wet and they dry easily. Ive done tennis shoes--doesnt matter how many u take they get wet. Changing out socks all day sucks. Flip flops--tops of feet get burned and in between toes get raw.

bladerunner

Always wear comfortable shoes that are already broken in before a Disney trip. Several days of bad feet because the shoes are new will ruin any trip.

Bri1121

Love these tips!!

Band aids are a must no matter what shoes you are wearing.

I wear flip flops too but good ones!

My kids wear Crocs and never ever complain! They might be on to something!

You never see more Crocs then in Disney! Croc flip flops might be what I get for our next trip!

stratman50th

I've always worn broken in tennis shoes with white cotton socks. Supposedly to cushion my feet. Still would get sore with the occasional blisters. The year before last we had a lot of rain hit us in the parks. My T-shoes got soaked and so did the socks. Terrible blisters. My daughter has been wearing her Rainbow flip flops for the past few years and says they're great. I always thought flip flops were bad because the lack of support. After trashing my feet in the wet shoes and socks, I wore my flops and realized she was right. They had enough cushion and my feet stayed dry, or dried quickly after the rain. They really were the trick. I have never thought of getting Crocks, mainly because I always thought they were just super goofy looking! Now that I'm heading toward "old guy" status, I don't care how I look so much any more. Maybe I should try out some Crocks.

suechris2

crocs

my whole family wear crocs. We also carry socks with us. Sometimes when your feet get a little sweaty you will slide around in them. So as silly as it looks we put socks on with the crocs. Its like walking around the parks with comfortable slippers.
I've tried flip flops, sneakers, etc. but always ended up with pain in my heels and blisters.
Crocs are the way to go. If you don't have them you can buy Disney Crocs in the parks. I have tan and brown ones. They don't look as silly as the red or blue ones.

Silver Figment

My dad discovered a different reason you may want more than 1 pair of shoes at Disney. He was walking around in Epcot heading back to the world showcase. He had almost gotten to Mexico and the pavement was so hot that it had melted the bottom of his shoe off. Luckily for him he had an extra pair of sneakers and my friend and I were relaxing at the hotel and able to bring him the new shoes. He had to wait on a park bench for about 30 minutes for his shoes, but he considered himself lucky.

LilSuzy

All you really need is one GOOD pair of Shoes

Your entire body is supported by your arches. If your arch isn't supported, your body WILL ache. I discrovered Keen shoes about 2 years ago....the BEST shoes/sandals EVER! All that walking at Disney and my feet DID NOT hurt once! They are waterproof, even machine washable! BEST shoes I have ever discovered! HTH:animwink:

disneynut4u

I learned this the hard way. The first year I went to DW, I only took 1 pair of shoes. My sister took every pair she owned. After the 2nd day, I had blisters on 6 out of 10 toes!! I started wearing her shoes to change up. Bandaids are so much better than those blister pads. Before my 2nd trip, I read a tip on this site where a poster said put roll-on antiperspirant solid on the bottoms of your feet. That helps them from sweating so much. We did it and believe me, it WORKED!! I also had 3 pairs of tennis shoes. But the deodorant was an awesome tip. I now use it when I work, and for sure when I go to WDW. The first time you do it, it feels strange but after a while you don't even notice it.

powlessfamily4

You need to wear shoes that are a little snug. Roomy shoes allow for rubbing which leads to blistering. I only wear new balance sneakers. I take two pair and they are 1/2 size smaller then what i normally wear. After 8 days of hitting the parks each day, I am blister free. A good snug shoe wiull take you a long way.

olinecoach61

Great tip! I always bring two pairs of sneakers and a pair of sandals. We take breaks in the afternoon and I like to switch my socks and shoes before going back to the parks.

WDWLOYAL1971

Sometimes, even well broken in shoes will completely fit wrong for all day walking. This can be 10x worse if you have to wear them again the next day. One trip, I wore the same shoes I wear everyday and had for a couple months. For our first day of walking, though, they weren't supporting my ankles enough and I ended up with a swollen foot. Sadly, I had no other shoes. I seriously contemplated walking around barefoot. I ended up buying overpriced flipflops to ease the pressure on the swelling.

Now, I always take alt. shoes. For my upcoming trip, I will be taking my Shape Ups, regular walking shoes and flip flops.

Yes, Its happened to me so many times. I take my broken in shows that are oh so comfortable, yet when I get there they are everything but. Whats worst, I never take extra shoes not to pack so much. But I will from now on.

gljvd

You guys should look into dr scholls custom fit orthotics. They have a machine that maps your foot and recomends a model size . They are much stronger than the normal types you buy for $10 bucks.

I have flat feet and i go to a dr to have custom orthotics for me but they are very expensive (last pair was $300) so i started buying 2 or 3 pairs of these so i don't have to switch them every time i want ot use diffrent shoes. They aren't as good as the ones the DR makes but they are much better than anything else i have used.

They reduced the pain i would normaly have and in florida i get home and my feet are fine , i used to have to stop around 5pm in epcot as i could no longer walk

Txrayado

omg this could not be more important... i remember a few years ago going to disney and after a few days had a pair of shoes completely fall apart.:brick:... had to by a pair of flip flops at dtd... talk about a crazy vacation with the mouse

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom