Take away Disney, what is the best park?

haveyoumetmark

Islands of Adventure.
Universal Studios Orlando is way up there, but since they gutted the soul of the park, it's difficult for me to choose. Of course, after this remodel - once it's out of its DHS-style hot mess, I would gladly choose it.

Tom Morrow

A lot of what we would consider amusement parks, like many Six Flags parks, actually market themselves as theme parks, and have attempts at themed lands and whatnot. Thus, the line between theme parks and amusement parks is somewhat of a grey area.

No they aren't. You have to separate them because they are FAR from the same idea. AGAIN, amusement parks focus on thrills, theme parks focus on the theme at hand, for instance, Disney movies, Universal Movies, etc.

Please, get it right before you ask questions.

You always get one trying to spoil things :hammer:

For me its between Islands of Adventure and Busch Gardens, I love the new Cheetah Hunt ride!!

koryadams

Universal...I've only been there once (1999) but sea world could be good too. But I think Universal is probably second most popular in Florida, but I could be wrong.

Crockett

Banned
Dollywood is a nice, clean theme park. But it tends to attract patrons which, um, well I'll be nice and not say it. But feel free to check out the place and see for yourself. :animwink: (We seriously counted 11 mullets in a one-hr time frame, if that gives any indication.)
There are other days (in Autumn) when the park is full of mostly senior citizens there for the shows/southern gospel. That is a better time to visit crowd-wise.

(If you do visit Dollywood in the summertime: Use small words, talk slowly, and never...EVER insult anything Nascar-related).

209vaughn

No they aren't. You have to separate them because they are FAR from the same idea. AGAIN, amusement parks focus on thrills, theme parks focus on the theme at hand, for instance, Disney movies, Universal Movies, etc.

How about you let him frame the question the way he wants to?

My vote would be Six Flags Magic Mountain. Quite a beautiful park set on a forrested mountain. I suspect though that I might change my mind if I decide to go to Islands of Adventure, as it seems really popular.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Dollywood is a nice, clean theme park. But it tends to attract patrons which, um, well I'll be nice and not say it. But feel free to check out the place and see for yourself. :animwink: (We seriously counted 11 mullets in a one-hr time frame, if that gives any indication.)
There are other days (in Autumn) when the park is full of mostly senior citizens there for the shows/southern gospel. That is a better time to visit crowd-wise.

(If you do visit Dollywood in the summertime: Use small words, talk slowly, and never...EVER insult anything Nascar-related).

I have always wanted to see Dollywood personally. I have a shaved head for the most part too, go figure :D

But just from some pictures the park looks like a thematic masterpiece. Very quaint, very personal and intimate as well. I am sure Dolly Parton borrowed some of those traits from Disney because I never hear anything bad about the place. Also looks like a park that can pass as a borderline thrill park. Not in the mold of Cedar Point or Magic Mountain, but certainly holds up on its own.

By the way, I am not far from Pennsylvania but how does Hersheypark hold up against your average Six Flags park? Just looking at the map it looks to be a park flooded with coasters and not a whole lot else, unless I am missing something.

Rowdy

He said "park". AKA, if you had $100, where would you spend it to buy admission. So, the way he asked the question, they are the same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom