TAFI Town Hall

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Wait, sorry, you all want this out front.

I think you all know where I stand on the issue by now. I am very disappointed in the community response, and I think this is complete crap drudged up for no reason.

The ONLY person I think has any legitimate gripe is Sam. And frankly, had this not happened, I suspected he'd have a "seat" on the next convos. I would have voted for him. He's changed alot.

And this, which I mean sincerely.

But, no, you couldn't just complain about SA, you had to make it the entire thing. Well, it's all yours. You chased off LG (not sure when he'll be back) even though some of you voted for him, and frankly, as much as Vox's rage quit means, I'm done with you all as well.

I have better things to do than dig around for where people agreed to it, than disagreed in some grand fashion. It's part of why I quit early.

And yes, I am looking at you Joker, you love to forget you were part of that voted in body who set all this up. You love to say stuff, but can't defend it? I wonder why... <I'll keep wondering> And, no one cares what Tiki thinks, because Tiki won't take one side or another ever. He just wants to be popular and friendly and you know that. I lost a lot of respect for you today.

I'm not entirely sure about outsourcing committee members, honestly. It makes it truly neutral, but I honestly wouldn't want to have people that barely associate themselves with the Imagineering community decide which comps are to be ICS-sanctioned. That, and that's also asking a lot from a group of people who have no stake in our community.

That's what he said in private.

It's a catch 22, yes, but I really don't want people I don't know deciding what comps are hosted. I think we should open this up to the public within our community. I'm sure we can find two other people somewhere.

And to give CONTEXT to his latter point, we did that. We agreed as a group there should be three.

But note he didn't volunteer.

He just wanted someone else to "make it perfect" while he did nothing. Nothing at all, even hold his own ground. He said little if not anything...but now it's enough to make him dislike the body he's a part of. Do tell...do tell...

And, call that "childish" if you wish, but you still haven't answered my questions, have you? What is the better idea? Present it?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'll shut up, as you all want this all public. So, I'll wait 24 hours, and see what you say. I hope there is something of context and content here (not just general griping)... I truly hope so.

Zweiland

How do we move forward? I'm ready to go, and I suspect Red and Zwei don't have time for this level of drama that YOU ALL have imposed.
I really don't care to partake in the drama of either side. Not just "theirs".

It's clear the community is unstable. It's already undergone several overhauls. I don't really care to stick around through this mess, but given the contributions I've made in the past, I think I need to be here. I'm NOT going to take sides yet.

And because it was asked of me, no, I am not the "snitch" who told on that PM (which I didn't know about until an hour ago).

But on another note: for all SA's drawbacks this year, I was still having fun. I am not now.

Last edited:

Zweiland

If we all do decide on a committee to vote on the comps for next year instead of a public vote, I'd like to volunteer. I was planning to submit one for a while, but I see that this is more important.

Otherwise, a public vote would be great too.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I really don't care to partake in the drama of either side. Not just "theirs".

It's clear the community is unstable. It's already undergone several overhauls. I don't really care to stick around through this mess, but given the controbutions I've made in the past, I think I need to be here. I'm NOT going to take sides yet.

And because it was asked of me, no, I am not the "snitch" who told on that PM (which I didn't know about until an hour ago).

But on another note: for all SA's drawbacks this year, I was still having fun. I am not now.
This exactly. You want to know why I quit...well, it's partially this.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If we all do decide on a committee to vote on the comps for next year instead of a public vote, I'd like to volunteer. I was planning to submit one for a while, but I see that this is more important.

Otherwise, a public vote would be great too.
I posited 6 month votes for this stuff for this exact reason.

I was told no by popular vote at the time.

In six months we've had a lot of new participants who are part of the community at large. The "leadership" needs to change out more than annually.

That said, there needs to be consistency, and that isn't gained through random votes.

Sam Magic

I posited 6 month votes for this stuff for this exact reason.

I was told no by popular vote at the time.

In six months we've had a lot of new participants who are part of the community at large. The "leadership" needs to change out more than annually.

That said, there needs to be consistency, and that isn't gained through random votes.
I'm actually thinking that a 6 month election would be a good idea.

How would you guys feel about this (posted in another PM previously):
I say we take the Conversationalists and make them strictly a scheduling group. Voted on by the forum. Contests will be proposed in the Town Hall and voted on by the community as a whole. A working schedule will then be created by the Conversationalists and proposed to the community which will then vote.

The Town Hall will become the heart of public discussion and debate regarding the forum and contests. The Conversationalists will continue to run the website and other social media outlets.

Tier system will remain, but the point system will be dissolved along with the Elite 8 and replaced with a March Madness like contest that will allow for more people to play and become a more accurate challenge of the best on the forum.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Look, I really don't want to do this. This forum is supposed to be fun. Us bringing up a concern shouldn't have exploded into something so large.

Then why did you all mass quit?

I know that anything I say won't matter, because you don't listen anyway when you're in a mood like this,

What does that matter, I don't run the forums, I am not the admin, I am also not the chief of the conversationalists. So, your point? Why are you trying to paint me as somehow controlling things I do not control? That's an assumption on your part.

but this whole argument is stupid.

Yes it is.

We could have done this privately and cordially, but you decided to have it be neither.

I didn't? As I recall, I didn't post here. Or publically. Someone else who I like I whole lot more than you did.

I love this community,

I doubt that.

I've been a part of communities like this for five years, but this is probably the worst drama I've ever been a part of.

Then why were you part of causing it?

It never should have gotten to this.

Ok, and yet you bring on the insult train and the like.

You think you're right, and I think I'm right, but really, we're both wrong.

Oh, here is where I know you don't read what I post. I don't think anyone is WRONG. Ask Sam.

There need to changes to the system,

Such as, what are your proposals?

but we need to have those discussions cordially and without incident.

Oh, you WERE in a GROUP that was ELECTED by the GROUP to DO SO, but you decided not to do so.

If we can get back to that point, we'll be golden. That is the point that I'd like to get back to.

Wow.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Especially considering the person complaining was part of the "RULING BODY" since the elections where we weighted them to include people like him.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sam - You all burned Rome to the ground.

If you don't want to deal with it, that is on you guys. As I stated, you all control it now.

Lets hear your amazing ideas.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
In the morning, I'll be curious to see what you all think.

As I said, address the next comp to that group. They control it now. And next year. Tell them what comp you wish to hold. And when you ask...was there an election, remember there wasn't. But there was for the group they replaced.

A few of them conveniently forgot that.

spacemt354

Chili's
While I would like to distance myself from arguments and discourse, because I feel like no good can come from them, I would just like to address the facts of what transpired last evening/night, so that everyone is on the same page.

Around 6pm EST on 7/23, a PM was started among the remaining members of the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3. The PM was started as a curiosity question to see if anyone in the competition has noticed a different vibe overall. The responses among long-time competitors were in unanimous agreement that something was off from the past two seasons. A discussion began regarding some of the concerns.

Essentially, the main concerns were as follows:
- The rhythm of the challenges seemed sporadic. With people balancing personal lives, the recent challenges made many "burnt out"
- Some felt that the reviews and critiques were inconsistent. The Challenge 4 reviews were one of the biggest issues, as "ditto" isn't a review in the eyes of contestants who broke their backs to develop these proposals.

These concerns were addressed in a calm and cordial manner. There was no coup. There was no mass exodus planned. In fact, SA contestants (myself included) were still working on our Challenge 5 projects. There was no intention to leave. Everyone was just voicing their opines as contestants.

A few hours later, someone leaked @jdmdisney99 information from within the PM, which based on his response, was probably very inaccurate information. Jdm's response was the reason why several members (myself included) felt it best to not continue with the competition - we didn't feel that as contestants, we were being treated properly. All of this was said calmly in the SA thread. Jdm has since apologized for the comments and I think everyone respects the way he has handled the situation from then on. Time will tell how many people return, but a break from the competition was a very mature decision in the eyes of many. That should have been the end of everything as Voxel had the brilliant idea of a Group Therapy thread, where everyone can end the night on good terms.

However, going back to the original SA Season 3 PM described above, further discussion was had about ways to help the community going forward. Topics ranged from having the community vote on which competitions they would want for 2016, what to do with the Elite Eight, and how to make the community more "fun" and less "political." It was just discussion among the active members of the community and the plan was to derive a solution based on our concerns, and present it in a few days to the community as a whole in a kind, well-thought out, and orderly fashion.

This discussion seems to have turned sour and misinterpreted as a means to begin a revolution, boot people out, and take control. Frankly, that's entirely incorrect.

As someone who has been called out in the past on here, I really feel sorry for everyone who's name has been brought up, and it's one of the driving factors behind my reason for attempting to clear everything up. I spent a long time last night talking with them, on a personal level, and we all really need to think about the real-world consequences before we hit "post reply."

None of what I heard last night should be the result of a Disney fan community.

Lastly, there are no "sides" to be taken here. Everyone wants what's best for the community. While we all may agree or disagree on the terms set, we should all have enough respect for each other as human beings that we don't cause this much damage. (see the discussion about 10 pages back on this very thread)

Let's just all take a few days. Relax, enjoy the weekend, and come back fresh. That's what I'll be doing.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
While I would like to distance myself from arguments and discourse, because I feel like no good can come from them, I would just like to address the facts of what transpired last evening/night, so that everyone is on the same page.

Around 6pm EST on 7/23, a PM was started among the remaining members of the Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 3. The PM was started as a curiosity question to see if anyone in the competition has noticed a different vibe overall. The responses among long-time competitors were in unanimous agreement that something was off from the past two seasons. A discussion began regarding some of the concerns.

Essentially, the main concerns were as follows:
- The rhythm of the challenges seemed sporadic. With people balancing personal lives, the recent challenges made many "burnt out"
- Some felt that the reviews and critiques were inconsistent. The Challenge 4 reviews were one of the biggest issues, as "ditto" isn't a review in the eyes of contestants who broke their backs to develop these proposals.

These concerns were addressed in a calm and cordial manner. There was no coup. There was no mass exodus planned. In fact, SA contestants (myself included) were still working on our Challenge 5 projects. There was no intention to leave. Everyone was just voicing their opines as contestants.

A few hours later, someone leaked @jdmdisney99 information from within the PM, which based on his response, was probably very inaccurate information. Jdm's response was the reason why several members (myself included) felt it best to not continue with the competition - we didn't feel that as contestants, we were being treated properly. All of this was said calmly in the SA thread. Jdm has since apologized for the comments and I think everyone respects the way he has handled the situation from then on. Time will tell how many people return, but a break from the competition was a very mature decision in the eyes of many. That should have been the end of everything as Voxel had the brilliant idea of a Group Therapy thread, where everyone can end the night on good terms.

However, going back to the original SA Season 3 PM described above, further discussion was had about ways to help the community going forward. Topics ranged from having the community vote on which competitions they would want for 2016, what to do with the Elite Eight, and how to make the community more "fun" and less "political." It was just discussion among the active members of the community and the plan was to derive a solution based on our concerns, and present it in a few days to the community as a whole in a kind, well-thought out, and orderly fashion.

This discussion seems to have turned sour and misinterpreted as a means to begin a revolution, boot people out, and take control. Frankly, that's entirely incorrect.

As someone who has been called out in the past on here, I really feel sorry for everyone who's name has been brought up, and it's one of the driving factors behind my reason for attempting to clear everything up. I spent a long time last night talking with them, on a personal level, and we all really need to think about the real-world consequences before we hit "post reply."

None of what I heard last night should be the result of a Disney fan community.

Lastly, there are no "sides" to be taken here. Everyone wants what's best for the community. While we all may agree or disagree on the terms set, we should all have enough respect for each other as human beings that we don't cause this much damage. (see the discussion about 10 pages back on this very thread)

Let's just all take a few days. Relax, enjoy the weekend, and come back fresh. That's what I'll be doing.
I appreciate everything you said. As to be expected, you worded it quite well.

However, this ignores a lot of what actually was said by people representing your group and what went on in the PMs.

I agree with your final sentiment, let it go for a few days and relax, but not how you got there.

LG WAS pushed out for no reason that couldnt have been handled prior or properly. And you all did that.

You all created drama and then acted upon it. Dont try and spin it as if you didn't. You talk one thing, yet act another.

You collectively tanked SA with an immature display of "solidarity" and then set your sights on the larger organization.

I want nothing to do with any of you guys and your toxic attitude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom