Tacit differences between Value - Moderate - Deluxe

Amos1784

I'll respectfully disagree. To me the biggest difference is the difference between moderate and deluxe. You're picking up interior corridors (which means balconies and patios), signature dining, much more elaborate themeing , and better transportation options. The upgrade from value gives you a bigger room and restaurant. Being able to walk (or take a boat) from the EPCOT resorts to EPCOT and DHS is a big difference.

Completely agree with this, we either stay Value or Deluxe. Difference between Value and Moderates are not close to enough to justify the price difference. We've stayed at POFQ and CS and while it was nice and we had a great stay at POFW (can't say the same of CS) it was not THAT different to warrant 100 more a night than Pop our go to Value (especially after the room refurbs).

correcaminos

I'll respectfully disagree. To me the biggest difference is the difference between moderate and deluxe. You're picking up interior corridors (which means balconies and patios), signature dining, much more elaborate themeing , and better transportation options. The upgrade from value gives you a bigger room and restaurant. Being able to walk (or take a boat) from the EPCOT resorts to EPCOT and DHS is a big difference.

Interesting. I happen to think it's the opposite. The theme of the values stands out hugely compared to both moderates and deluxes. Not all deluxe resorts have signature dining, but do have sit down option at least. DVC deluxe rooms have some exterior halls. Not all deluxe resorts have something other than buses to get you to a location. Soon the gondolas will level playing field with some of the resorts as well.

The rooms size to me is a big difference in the values. The themes. The lack of sit down dining options. That's what sets them apart from the others. The line between moderate and deluxe has been getting fuzzier - save the balconies and room size - for a while.

Willmark

One of the things that I really appreciate are the inside doors in Deluxe resorts. During fowl weather and especially hurricanes the difference is huge. My sister was trapped in the furthest building from the lobby and food courts at the AOA resort and couldn't leave their room throughout the storm. I was at the Beach Club and was able to travel from one end of the Beach club to the far end of the Yacht Club with all the amenities, shops, food courts, restaurants,ceramic classes, gym plus all kinds of Disney character entertainment while high and dry. It actually was a fun time. Not so for my sister who was hungry and had a severe case of cabin fever. Sure you wouldn't base a resort selection on fowl weather but it sure makes a difference when needed.
Was this during some sort of avian storm?

/s

clarabellej

Pop may never be the same after the gondolas begin operating. Such a shame. It was our favorite resort. I feel like once Star Wars Land opens, it will be 100% occupancy all the time.

Miss Bella

Interesting. I happen to think it's the opposite. The theme of the values stands out hugely compared to both moderates and deluxes. Not all deluxe resorts have signature dining, but do have sit down option at least. DVC deluxe rooms have some exterior halls. Not all deluxe resorts have something other than buses to get you to a location. Soon the gondolas will level playing field with some of the resorts as well.

The rooms size to me is a big difference in the values. The themes. The lack of sit down dining options. That's what sets them apart from the others. The line between moderate and deluxe has been getting fuzzier - save the balconies and room size - for a while.
I agree with you the mods are much nicer then the values. The values IMHO aren't much different then a motel 6 especially since the refurbs of the motel 6's resemble the refurbs of POP. Wood floors etc. https://www.google.com/search?q=mot...BAgAEA0&biw=2560&bih=949#imgrc=U9JPIWDhCIp1mM:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom