Tables in Wonderland Status

tpoly88

Original Poster
Ive been a member of Tables in Wonderland for years, its a great thing to have if you go to Disney a lot like i do, gives you 20% off the entire bill and automatically adds a 18% grat so you dont have to figure it out and free valet parking at hotels that have a participating resturant (you need a reciept that you ate there). it has been suspended by almost all the participating restaurants due to covid as they are trying to get back on their feet. has anyone heard if they are bringing this back? i was talking to a cast member this past Sunday and they seem to think not.

nickys

Premium Member
I think there’s a chance this might return, once most restaurants are re-opened and the dining plans are back.

Too early to say it’s dead and buried, IMO.

deaconfan

I think there’s a chance this might return, once most restaurants are re-opened and the dining plans are back.

I agree. It helps drive some traffic for the table service restaurants that they'll eventually need again.

Phonedave

I think they have been trying to kill it for years. They have been slowing but consistently upping the annual fee for the card.

It is quite easy to calculate the break even point - it's basically 20% savings off of table service.

I used to hit the break even point easily, but in the last few years I stopped getting the card.

DomVF07

Looking too much into the wording but seems like it’s similar to them claiming they’ll announce a future date for when DDP returns? Just 🤞🤞@ this point miss this little card so much!
1630554483668.jpeg

MikeyK72

About 3 weeks ago, I asked about TIW at Disney Springs guest services. The cast member said that they don't even have the printers anymore...the printers have been removed.

Now I guess that doesn't mean TIW won't be back, but maybe if it does return it will be electronically added to your MDE account (which honestly is something that DW and I had been hoping would happen for years).

DomVF07

About 3 weeks ago, I asked about TIW at Disney Springs guest services. The cast member said that they don't even have the printers anymore...the printers have been removed.

Now I guess that doesn't mean TIW won't be back, but maybe if it does return it will be electronically added to your MDE account (which honestly is something that DW and I had been hoping would happen for years).
Would make a helluva more sense. I mean the damn thing isn’t even laminated lol. When we first got them I said wait, this is it? 😂

MikeyK72

Would make a helluva more sense. I mean the damn thing isn’t even laminated lol. When we first got them I said wait, this is it? 😂
They did have plastic cards too but the only way we ever received one is when we renewed from home over the phone.

Typically we'd just renew at one of the WDW guest services locations the first day of our trip. But we were going to Disney's Vero Beach Resort, our TIW card was expired, and we called ahead to Vero and learned that they didn't sell TIW at the resort. We were told to purchase one over the phone and have it mailed to our house prior to the trip...and they sent us a plastic TIW card just like any other credit card.

The funny part was that almost every CM that handled our card that year first said something like "whoa, you have the good one". Apparently the paper cards are harder to swipe so CMs preferred the plastic cards.

TrojanUSC

Why would the dining plans have any correlation to TiW? It existed long before the DDP (under a couple different names) as a way to lure locals into the resort restaurants which were often hurting for business. Once the DDP arrived it became MUCH harder to get reservations, as Disney had to accommodate all these people who prepaid for their meals and it wasn't as necessary to encourage locals and regulars to visit.

The fact it included alcohol and valet made it a steal.

nickys

Premium Member
Why would the dining plans have any correlation to TiW? It existed long before the DDP (under a couple different names) as a way to lure locals into the resort restaurants which were often hurting for business. Once the DDP arrived it became MUCH harder to get reservations, as Disney had to accommodate all these people who prepaid for their meals and it wasn't as necessary to encourage locals and regulars to visit.

The fact it included alcohol and valet made it a steal.
I agree that TiW and the dining plans are not dependent on each other.

However I don’t think either will come back until all restaurants are fully staffed and running at full capacity.

The dining plan needs available to avoid complaints about not being able to use it.

And Disney don’t want to lure more people (locals) back until they have full capacity, and nor will they want to offer discounts until their revenue is at maximum.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I agree that TiW and the dining plans are not dependent on each other.

However I don’t think either will come back until all restaurants are fully staffed and running at full capacity.

The dining plan needs available to avoid complaints about not being able to use it.

And Disney don’t want to lure more people (locals) back until they have full capacity, and nor will they want to offer discounts until their revenue is at maximum.

IMHO the reimbursement rate per meal needs to either be increased or items on the menu need to be gated so that the thin profit margin can be maintained without being reflected by lessening the quality of the ingredients. Dont get me started about how the DDP has homogenized menus in favor of nuggets and burgers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom