Table service credits

Grwnupprncss1234

Original Poster
Our family went to disneyworld in May, and we are already planning our next trip. We loved trying the deluxe dining plan and we would like to use it again. The deluxe plan for four adults is a lot of food, and I Appreciate having my kids share a plate. We were able to use three credits for four people at coral reef and the sci fi dine inn. Has anyone else been able to do this? At what table service restaurants have you been able to split meals on the dining plan?

DisneyJoe

Our family went to disneyworld in May, and we are already planning our next trip. We loved trying the deluxe dining plan and we would like to use it again. The deluxe plan for four adults is a lot of food, and I Appreciate having my kids share a plate. We were able to use three credits for four people at coral reef and the sci fi dine inn. Has anyone else been able to do this? At what table service restaurants have you been able to split meals on the dining plan?
Officially, it is at the discretion of each restaurant - in other words, it could change between someone telling you now and when you eat there.

Grwnupprncss1234

Original Poster
Has anyone ever split a meal using a dining credit at Sanaa, rainforest cafe, Jiko, or 50s prime time cafe? Thanks for your responses, every little bit helps!

Weather_Lady

Has anyone ever split a meal using a dining credit at Sanaa, rainforest cafe, Jiko, or 50s prime time cafe? Thanks for your responses, every little bit helps!

Supposedly, the "official" DDP policy (not that I can find it on the brochure - but see the Mom's Panel response below) is that meals are not supposed to be shared. While that rule is strictly enforced at all buffets/family-style places for obvious reasons, servers at a la carte restaurants can opt not to say anything about it -- or they can lay down the law. As others said, it's not so much about restaurants having different policies as it is about the whim of your server.

That being said, there's no rule that says everyone at the table at an a la carte TS restaurant has to order a meal, and if somebody doesn't, and is later seen picking off of someone else's plate, I don't imagine most servers would find it worth their while to make a fuss about that. Obviously, YMMV, and the more you draw attention to what you're doing (e.g., asking for an extra plate and utensils for the "share-ee"), the greater the chance somebody will say something about it. Perhaps the person with whom the meal is being shared can simply kneel unobtrusively beneath the table and be hand-fed by the sharing party, in order to avoid detection. (I kid, I kid!!!)

FWIW: https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/share-meal-dining-plan-319115/

Last edited:

Grwnupprncss1234

Original Poster
Thanks for your help, I read different things in different places. Some people say it is disney policy not to share, some say disney allows this no problem. I like being able to experience the table service restaurants and I like buying the three meals per night person, it’s just a lot of food to order 4 apps, 4 meals, and four desserts.

Weather_Lady

Thanks for your help, I read different things in different places. Some people say it is disney policy not to share, some say disney allows this no problem. I like being able to experience the table service restaurants and I like buying the three meals per night person, it’s just a lot of food to order 4 apps, 4 meals, and four desserts.

It is! That's the reason my family doesn't even do the regular DDP -- we end up wasting both food and money. Left to our own devices and ordering only what we want to eat and can eat, we spend 20% less than the cost of the dining plan, even though our out-of-pocket meal purchases perfectly mirror what it offers (1 CS, 1 TS and 1 snack per person, per day). That's saying a lot, as we're all big eaters, and we still can't eat all the food the DDP gives us. Obviously, every family's eating habits and preferences are different, and I know a lot of folks like the DDP for the prepayment aspect and the luxury of not having to look at menu prices, even if they know they may not save money or be able to finish everything.

Dave B

We have never had an issue with this at any restaurant, except the character meals, which they will tell you, that you are paying for the experience, even if you don't eat. Yachtsmen Steakhouse, La Cellier, San Angel Inn, Liberty tree tavern, etc. My kids are picky eaters and wont eat at a lot of the places my wife and I enjoy, so they sit at the table with us, while we eat, and yes we let them pick off the plate if there is something they want to eat. 6 years and we have never had anyone say to us that we cant share meals, or have extra people with us during our reservation, again, except for the character meals. Think of it as any other restaurant you would go to outside od Disney, there is no requirement to eat. Also, the waiter/waitress wont say anything, it will lessen there potential tip. Now there are items that they will charge you extra to share, like the Porterhouse for two at Yachtsmen or some signature restaurants, but there are plenty of other items on the menus that you definitely can split.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom