t3techcom18's Disney's Vero Beach Trip Report

We stayed at Vero Beach on 10/16, and it was a long trip, and mound fulls of homework have been preventing to write this, but finally, I got the time to write it.

- Most of our stay was REALLY good. If you need a place to relax after some long days of work, or for me, school, this is the best place to be. We had an ocean front view, and was really nice to see the sun come up, early in the morning. We satyed in the Inn part of the resort, since I'm not DVC. In other words, our room could be seen from the lobby, and at the promo pics(the last room on the 3rd floor to the right)

- The only porblem we had was ANTS with a capital A. Someone before us unleashed a whole ton of sugar packs for tea and coffee under the sink, and sent a whole swarm of ants to the room. It really became a big problem at the end.

- Some parts of Vero was under rehab, the front where valet parking is(I'm not sure if they have valet parking, because I've never been to Vero before), the bathrooms next to Shutters. I could see why Vero needed rehab. There was scratched furniture that needed a fresh coat of paint.

- I really enjoyed the pool and the ocean, except that the ocean had VERY strong currents, spinning me like a teacup only 1 feet deep in water. But the noise from the ocean was very relaxing.

So if you have a chance to go to Disney's Vero Beach Resort I highly recommend you do. That's all for now! Enjoy!

CTXRover

Great report! I was just at Vero for a few days in June and absolutely loved it. Its a very nice place to just escape from the hustle and bustle of life and relax. But really that is all there is to do, relax and swim :lol:

How were the mosquitos this time of year? They were unbelievable when we were there. I guess not even Disney can kill the bugs when your next to an ocean. Then again, I wonder if they do massive spraying since the entire resort is about protecting the wildlife and scenic look of the coastline (did you notice how only in front of DVB that there were large sand dunes? They were built by Disney to bring back that old Florida coastline look and encourage Sea Turtle breeding. Cool, huh?)

Oh, about the scratched furniture. Was this in your bedroom? If so, take a careful look. Those "scratches" are actually painted on or a result of sanding freshly painted furniture! Its that "lived in" look they must have been going for. I thought the same thing at first, geez they need to paint these headboards, until I looked closely! :lol:

t3techcom18

Original Poster
Originally posted by CTXRover
Great report! I was just at Vero for a few days in June and absolutely loved it. Its a very nice place to just escape from the hustle and bustle of life and relax. But really that is all there is to do, relax and swim :lol:

How were the mosquitos this time of year? They were unbelievable when we were there. I guess not even Disney can kill the bugs when your next to an ocean. Then again, I wonder if they do massive spraying since the entire resort is about protecting the wildlife and scenic look of the coastline (did you notice how only in front of DVB that there were large sand dunes? They were built by Disney to bring back that old Florida coastline look and encourage Sea Turtle breeding. Cool, huh?)

Oh, about the scratched furniture. Was this in your bedroom? If so, take a careful look. Those "scratches" are actually painted on or a result of sanding freshly painted furniture! Its that "lived in" look they must have been going for. I thought the same thing at first, geez they need to paint these headboards, until I looked closely! :lol:

I was only there for a day, but we didn't encounter mosquitos when we there. About the scratched furniture: Really?? Whoa... I didn't know that! But yeah, they were on the headboards and on the bottom of the chair. About the dunes: That is cool! I wonder if anybody has seen the turtles actually nest there...But I just remebered that the ramp to the ocean(see s58423's photo; sorry if I spelled that worng) was closed. Technically, it was, but it was the bottom part of the ramp. The TV channel dedicated to Resort updates and happenings, said it was closed due to storm damge. But the stairs on the ramp were still open, so that's how we got there. But I have to say, it was REALLY windy, even if I was on the thrid floor and all, it was REALLY windy. Glad you liked my update!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom