T-shirts have stains after washing

bobogator

Original Poster
Hello. We got some t-shirts on our visit this summer, and they both have stains all over the shirt in random spots after washing back in the US. One is the purple and blue 30th shirt and the other is the blue Remy ratatouille recipe shirt. Washed once, never worn. Could it be something with the fabrics used in DLP clothing. We use Tide Pods in a HE washer and dry on medium heat. Anyone else have the same issue?

cjkeating

Afraid not. I've got loads of DLP t-shirts and my issue is always with the sizing.

Silly question but what temperature did you wash on? At a guess it'd be recommended no more than 40 degrees celsius and also not all t-shirts with prints are suitable for tumble drying? Did you follow the instructions as per the label?

bobogator

Original Poster
Afraid not. I've got loads of DLP t-shirts and my issue is always with the sizing.

Silly question but what temperature did you wash on? At a guess it'd be recommended no more than 40 degrees celsius and also not all t-shirts with prints are suitable for tumble drying? Did you follow the instructions as per the label?
We wash in cold water and first washes of unknown and "important/significant" clothes are always line dried to gauge shrinkage. I misspoke on the tumble drying on medium regarding these specific shirts.

nickys

Premium Member
We wash in cold water and first washes of unknown and "important/significant" clothes are always line dried to gauge shrinkage. I misspoke on the tumble drying on medium regarding these specific shirts.
I understand the frustration only too well.

I had the same problem with tee shirts and hoodies we bought at WDW. Two items had the dark blue dye bleed into the picture on the first wash (30 degrees, line dried) and a grey Star Wars hoodie where half the picture was washed out on the first wash.

And the wheel on our Mickey case buckled too, just wheeling it through the airport on our way home.

Nothing I could do as we won’t be back for a few years. It’s annoying when you pay so much for them. ☹️

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom