T-Rex

disneynut4u

Original Poster
We ate at T-Rex during our May 9-16 trip. I must say that this was so much fun! The meteor showers, the food, the atmosphere, THE DESSERT. It was all good. I don't remember what the name of the dessert was, but OMG, it was wonderful. It was big enough for 4 people. The "smoky" effect in the center was fun. I had read about the mediocre food from other posters. Well, we all thought it was really good. 2 of us split the chicken & rib combo. My sister had the lasagne. My son had the chicken fried steak. Everyone thought their food was really good. You also have to try the "Cotton-tini's"!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
We ate at T-Rex during our May 9-16 trip. I must say that this was so much fun! The meteor showers, the food, the atmosphere, THE DESSERT. It was all good. I don't remember what the name of the dessert was, but OMG, it was wonderful. It was big enough for 4 people. The "smoky" effect in the center was fun. I had read about the mediocre food from other posters. Well, we all thought it was really good. 2 of us split the chicken & rib combo. My sister had the lasagne. My son had the chicken fried steak. Everyone thought their food was really good. You also have to try the "Cotton-tini's"!

This place looks and sounds great, it was under construction when i was der last august, do u think i shud ring ahead to book or will i be ok to just make a reservation when i arrive, im stayin for 3 weeks in july

disneynut4u

Original Poster
This place looks and sounds great, it was under construction when i was der last august, do u think i shud ring ahead to book or will i be ok to just make a reservation when i arrive, im stayin for 3 weeks in july

T-Rex is not on the dining plan. I called to see if we could reserve a table, and we were told no. We went to DTD that morning and we went up to the kiosk to book for that afternoon, and we were told to come back when we were ready to eat. (in a nicer way, of course). Apparently they do not do reservations.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

If you get a chance, we'd love to have your review at http://www.wdwmagic.com/Dining/T-REX-Cafe/Reviews.htm :)

Phonedave

T-Rex is not on the dining plan. I called to see if we could reserve a table, and we were told no. We went to DTD that morning and we went up to the kiosk to book for that afternoon, and we were told to come back when we were ready to eat. (in a nicer way, of course). Apparently they do not do reservations.

Interesting, because I called T-Rex direct, just this afternoon

1-407-828-TREX

and got a 6:15 PM reservation for August 19

She told me my last name is my reservation number

-dave

disneynut4u

Original Poster
Interesting, because I called T-Rex direct, just this afternoon

1-407-828-TREX

and got a 6:15 PM reservation for August 19

She told me my last name is my reservation number

-dave

I just read on another TRex post that they started taking reservations this week. Just my luck they'd start doing reservations AFTER I got back from my vacation!

But now I know that I can reserve this for my trip next year!!!

pacochran

We ate their in December and loved it. We also had the dersert volcano and loved that also. Our service was great once they decided which server was taking our table, which didn't take that long, but two tables away waited quite a bit before being served. Of coarse they hadn't been open that long at that point.

2Siamese

We were told they did not take rezzies by the hostess but waited less then 15mins on May 18/09 for our table.

Regardless, the place is super fun, the food was very enjoyable and a good time was had by our entire group.

DizneyPryncess

I've also read that the food was mediocre from other people, but I've loved the food both times we went. Never had the chocolate volcano or cotton tini's but both look great!

We made priority seating in March by calling T-Rex directly. They said they didn't take reservations, but I didn't understand the difference between the two. We still got a confirmation number & were seated as soon as we checked in. Last week we didn't need priority seating...the wait was really short.

Herdman

Hi all. My first post here. A priority seating puts you ahead of the walk up crowd, but it doesn't guarantee you immediate seating. You'll get preference over the others who don't have one, but you might still have to wait. You just won't have to wait as long. They do the same thing at the Outback Steakhouse chain if you've ever been there.

Mike

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom