T-Rex & Rainforest not on DDP 2014 ?

Steve Sanders

Original Poster
Hi all, just joined the forum so please be gentle

Going for our 3rd time to Disney in February 2014, but first time at a Disney Resort with Disney Dining Plan, so can't wait.

Almost 180 days to go so planning our restaurants to book, but my 2 girls really want to go to T-Rex and Rainforst Cafe but they're not on the first draft of the DDP for 2014.

Do you recommend still making reservations in the hope they will appear ? If so, I can use my Credit Card but do they take a deposit and if they don't appear on the plan will I lose the deposit ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

bsiev1977

Going for our 3rd time to Disney in February 2014, but first time at a Disney Resort with Disney Dining Plan, so can't wait.

Almost 180 days to go so planning our restaurants to book, but my 2 girls really want to go to T-Rex and Rainforst Cafe but they're not on the first draft of the DDP for 2014.

Do you recommend still making reservations in the hope they will appear ? If so, I can use my Credit Card but do they take a deposit and if they don't appear on the plan will I lose the deposit ?

I went through the same thing for my upcoming December trip. When the first draft of the 2013 plan came out. Most of the restaurants in EPCOT were not listed. The list was later amended to add pretty much every place. In your case, I'd make the reservations, as those two places you want will most likely be added to the plans.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Both restaurants are owned by Landry's which is a 3rd party vendor. The 3rd party owned restaurants are usually added to the DDP as the contracts are renewed with Disney but closer to the end of the year. There is a good chance that these will both be added as they were part of the plan in 2013. I would make the reservations and just cancel if they dont get added. I don't believe these restaurants require a credit card deposit in 2012 (but that list seems to grow every year). Even if they do require a deposit as long as you cancel before 24hrs prior to your ADR you won't be charged. They only take your CC number when you make the reservation but they don't actually charge the card unless you don't show up.

Steve Sanders

Original Poster
I went through the same thing for my upcoming December trip. When the first draft of the 2013 plan came out. Most of the restaurants in EPCOT were not listed. The list was later amended to add pretty much every place. In your case, I'd make the reservations, as those two places you want will most likely be added to the plans.

Many thanks for the reply, i'll go ahead and book them. That leaves me with my final tricky decisions, one Table Service meal left so do I go for The Wave, Ohana or Boma ???

Steve Sanders

Original Poster
Both restaurants are owned by Landry's which is a 3rd party vendor. The 3rd party owned restaurants are usually added to the DDP as the contracts are renewed with Disney but closer to the end of the year. There is a good chance that these will both be added as they were part of the plan in 2013. I would make the reservations and just cancel if they dont get added. I don't believe these restaurants require a credit card deposit in 2012 (but that list seems to grow every year). Even if they do require a deposit as long as you cancel before 24hrs prior to your ADR you won't be charged. They only take your CC number when you make the reservation but they don't actually charge the card unless you don't show up.

Sorry forgot to ask, noticed that Via Napoli isn't on the plan, does that mean it's under 3rd party ownership ?

Bparso87

They are lowered price restruants anyways might not be worth using a credit on it. I payed 60 dollars at trex for a family of 4. I can pay almost 50 on a quick service at Disney before so I would pay out of pocket for them and save the credit and use it for a signature.

Steve Sanders

Original Poster
They are lowered price restruants anyways might not be worth using a credit on it. I payed 60 dollars at trex for a family of 4. I can pay almost 50 on a quick service at Disney before so I would pay out of pocket for them and save the credit and use it for a signature.

Thanks for the advice, worth thinking about .... but with 14 TS and 14 QS credits I can squeeze in a signature restaurant too

HouCuseChickie

I agree with @lunchbox1175 - i.e. picking 'Ohana if your children are picky. While my semi-picky eater found things she liked at Boma, 'Ohana was a MUCH bigger hit for both of my kids.

Also, if you have any issues booking RFC or T-Rex, you can call them directly to book. So much easier and more availability.

lunchbox1175

I agree with @lunchbox1175 - i.e. picking 'Ohana if your children are picky. While my semi-picky eater found things she liked at Boma, 'Ohana was a MUCH bigger hit for both of my kids.

Also, if you have any issues booking RFC or T-Rex, you can call them directly to book. So much easier and more availability.

Also, as a fellow Houstonian, you probably know about the Landry's Select card as Landry's is headquartered here in Houston, I recommend getting this card for all T-Rex and RFC fans, it costs $25 to join, but you get it right back on your next visit to any Landry's restaurant. You then get 1 point for every dollar you spend and get a $25 credit for every 250 points, which you can choose to bank or use. On our next trip, I have $100 worth of credits to use, so we will have a fantastic meal at Trex for nothing. But also importantly, with this card, you get moved to the top of the list when they are on a wait, so when its a 45 minute wait, you will only have to wait like 10 minutes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom