SWW questions

abug'saunt

Original Poster
These questions are for anyone who went to DHS for SWW this past weekend. DH and I saw on another Disney fan site about wrist bands for Wicket's Warehouse. Our question is this, how do you go about getting these wristbands? Does a CM ask you if you plan on going or is it a first come, first served basis like the star autographs? Anyone do the EMH for SWW?

Our original plan was to get to DHS for EMH, head straight back for the warehouse to get some of the goodies (a big fig, pins, etc.), then hitting some rides. It seems like everytime we go, there is some change. Our first SWW (2003), DH found a gold coin at a booth set up by Sounds Dangerous. The next time (2007) was when we first learned about the warehouse and having to stand in line. Now we are reading about wrist bands.

Thanks for reading. Lots of questions I know. But we leave in 4 days and want to be prepared so it's not too hectic of a day.

krankenstein

I got a wristband Friday. They had them setup right by the autograph FP distribution to the far right of the ticket booths (as you look towards The Hat). You had to lineup and as you walked by a CM handed you a wristband. They started letting us in the warehouse around 9:15 so we had first dibs on all the goodies. It is setup exactly like the autograph FP (first come, first serve).

BTW, the big figs were not available this past weekend. They are suppose to be ready to go on Friday. Fortunately, I'm not a big fig person. :lol:

krankenstein

Does anyone know what the big figs look like this year and how much they are?

Yeah, they had the display ones out this weekend. Goofy is Chewbacca, Donald is Han Solo frozen in Carbonite, Minnie is Princess Leia in her slave girl bikini, and Mickey is Luke with Yoda on in his backpack. They were right around $200.

Donald was my favorite, but Minnie was kind of disturbing... :lookaroun

Do a google search to find good pictures of them. :wave:

pixel-dust

The line for fastpasses to get autographs was unbelievable- a cast member said people had been there since 7 pm the night before.

We walked into Wickets warehouse at 10 am and there were lots of people but no one in the queue. At 3:30 it was very empty and they had restocked. We got our coin, and some fun stuff. I'm dissapointed they didnt have a SWW coffee cup this year.

Had to settle for an UP cup.

They need to do *something* about the Hoopla event. We arrived at 6:30 and the Jedi Academy was still going on. By 7 the crowds were deep, and the vendor carts were trying to get backstage. When the show started, the kids were propped on the parents shoulders and that was all we could see. I was a bit dissapointed to have waited that long just to see little Billy's back. Maybe an LCD screen to display what is going on?

We were fortunate enough that the rain held off till the end of the hoopla. Then the sky opened up and we were drenched!

abug'saunt

Original Poster
krankenstein and pixel-dust, thank you for responding and for the other info. DH was relieved to know what to expect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom