Switching Resort Hotels - Logistics

Telly03

Original Poster
I was able to book all but our last night at SoG, so I booked the last night at Poly, considering it is just down the road... I'm not sure what to do with our bags between SoG checkout and Poly check in. Does anyone know if Poly would hold our bags while we go hit a park for the day?

DisneyJoe

I was able to book all but our last night at SoG, so I booked the last night at Poly, considering it is just down the road... I'm not sure what to do with our bags between SoG checkout and Poly check in. Does anyone know if Poly would hold our bags while we go hit a park for the day?
You can check in at Poly as early as 7am - while your room may not be ready, you can check in - and yes, Bell Services will hold your bags.

SoG and Poly are VERY close to each other.

Disneyfreak Jen

SoG should be able to transfer the bags over to Poly. Just leave your luggage with the bellhops and ask them to transfer it. You probably won’t get your bags until late afternoon. I can’t recall if the new resort delivered luggage to our room or if we picked it up at bell services. I’ve done this before between POR and POP and ASM and OKW.

nickys

Premium Member
SoG should be able to transfer the bags over to Poly. Just leave your luggage with the bellhops and ask them to transfer it. You probably won’t get your bags until late afternoon. I can’t recall if the new resort delivered luggage to our room or if we picked it up at bell services. I’ve done this before between POR and POP and ASM and OKW.

You need to call and they will bring it up to you. Or collect it yourself.

correcaminos

From what I remember, you must contact Disney for the transfer, not just leaving the bags with the bellhops as Disney is responsible for it and not SOG. We wound up just taking luggage ourselves when our family stayed there part of the time once.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
We wound up just taking luggage ourselves

I've done the same. Took my luggage over early am to the new resort, checked in, dropped with Bell Service......went back to pick up my family from the original resort and checked out there. The entire process was about 30-45 minutes....then I just went about my day. Got a text a few hours later with the new room number and luggage was in the new room when I got back.

crxbrett

I've done the same. Took my luggage over early am to the new resort, checked in, dropped with Bell Service......went back to pick up my family from the original resort and checked out there. The entire process was about 30-45 minutes....then I just went about my day. Got a text a few hours later with the new room number and luggage was in the new room when I got back.

Yup, this is what I plan on doing this year for my split stay.

nickys

Premium Member
Interesting. So sometimes they will take your luggage up to your room whilst you’re out. I thought it was only DME who did that, in case you didn’t actually check in. Plus a tip of course! Perhaps some resorts have a different procedure.

HwdStudio

From what I remember, you must contact Disney for the transfer, not just leaving the bags with the bellhops as Disney is responsible for it and not SOG. We wound up just taking luggage ourselves when our family stayed there part of the time once.
Me too. Just got in over and done with and didn’t have to give it another thought.

Jambo Joe

I have had it go both ways - sometimes we have had to be in the room to accept the transferred bags and sometimes they have dropped them. No biggie either way. You can also just take it over on a Lyft and leave it at bell services.

krb201

I’ve done this many times about all the different ways one could do it. Each way is easy and doable; each have their pros/cons. Biggest challenge was when I had refrigerated items that needed to switch hotels, too (e.g., food, drink, medicine). Bell services had refrigerators for this purpose (at both hotels), but such space was a bit limited. And I never really knew how long things weren’t refrigerated during transfer. Not a complaint - it’s a great service and nearly all bell hops were great - it’s just the nature of the beast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom