Switching Magic Bands

BelleoftheBall0829

Original Poster
So my parents, my husband and I are going to disney world in a few weeks. My parents booked their hotel at a disney resort separate from my husband and I who are staying off property. I bought the park tickets for everyone because we bought the military passes and I linked them to my account to book everybody's fast passes. Am I able to link my parents magic bands to my disney account and then deactivate them after the trip so my parents can use the magic bands on their disney account if they decide to go alone some other time?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If I understand what you're asking, the MB that your parents get with their reservation will always be associated with them. The tickets you bought can be assigned to them within MDE and would be automatically accessible using their MB.

Each person in your party should have their own MDE account and you can add each other as Family. Then you can assign the tickets to each individual through your MDE.

I hope that makes sense?

ninjaprincesst

Exactly as Monty said you can link them as friends and family to make fastpasses together but they need there own mde account and you can link their tickets to their mde. magic bands can only be linked to one account and they need to b e linked with their room reservations so it needs to be their account.

Rob562

To pull the previous posts together with what the OP posted, here's what I think the OP's situation is that the parents currently have two versions of themselves, each with part of their trip associated with it:

1) Parents have their own accounts. Their hotel (and the associated Bands) are linked to those accounts.

2) The OP also created "managed by her" sub-profiles under he MDE login. Those got the parents' park tickets and are the ones that have the FP+ reservations.

What needs to happen is that the OP needs to go into her Friends & Family list and click "Connect through a Disney account" next to each of the parents' names. Enter their email address they use for their MDE profiles.

Once they accept the invitation, the two separate listings should merge and the profile controlled by the parent would have the hotel, Band and park ticket. The OP would retain the ability to make FP+ reservations and link the parents to dining reservations, etc but the final control of the profile falls to the parent.

-Rob

BelleoftheBall0829

Original Poster
Wow, thanks so much for your answers, I was able to connect their accounts to mine and it worked. Unfortunately I now have a different problem. They were both able to see the fast pass reservations I made and everyone was listed correctly but the next day I went in to book more fast passes and my mom's account was completely gone off of all the fast passes and my friends list. It now only has fast passes listed for myself, husband, and dad. The only thing my mom is still listed under is my parents hotel reservation. I was able to re add her to my friends list, but I can't seem to figure out what happened to her fast passes. I can't relink her ticket because it gives me an error saying I already put that ticket in the system. Any ideas?

Rob562

Perhaps give it another day and see if they show back up. People have been reporting glitches like this.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom