Switching from a Cash reservation to a points reservation - FP

Mamabrace

Original Poster
If I switch from a cash reservation to a DVC points reservation, will my fastpass+ reservations transfer over or be cancelled? TIA.

nickys

Premium Member
If I switch from a cash reservation to a DVC points reservation, will my fastpass+ reservations transfer over or be cancelled? TIA.
As long as you book the points reservation first and then cancel the cash stay, you’ll be fine. Make sure the points stay is linked to MDE and that everyone who has FPs booked is listed on the points reservation. Also just be aware that if you cancel a package at a non-DVC resort, then that will also cancel the tickets, so sort out tickets before cancelling.

You do actually have a grace period of 48 hrs between cancelling and re-book8ng, but always best to be safe than sorry. And no tickets will almost certainly result in the FPs being cancelled immediately.

Mamabrace

Original Poster
As long as you book the points reservation first and then cancel the cash stay, you’ll be fine. Make sure the points stay is linked to MDE and that everyone who has FPs booked is listed on the points reservation. Also just be aware that if you cancel a package at a non-DVC resort, then that will also cancel the tickets, so sort out tickets before cancelling.

You do actually have a grace period of 48 hrs between cancelling and re-book8ng, but always best to be safe than sorry. And no tickets will almost certainly result in the FPs being cancelled immediately.
Thank you! :)

slipperalwaysfits

When you say "book the points reservation first, then cancel the cash stay" does this mean I just don't cancel the cash stay until I have booked the reservation with points? I'm confused.

We are in the process of purchasing DVC but we would love to book a stay for this fall and are thinking of doing a cash reservation and then trying to convert it to points and staying where ever a DVC room is available?

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
When you say "book the points reservation first, then cancel the cash stay" does this mean I just don't cancel the cash stay until I have booked the reservation with points? I'm confused.

We are in the process of purchasing DVC but we would love to book a stay for this fall and are thinking of doing a cash reservation and then trying to convert it to points and staying where ever a DVC room is available?

You can’t convert a cash stay to points.

If a non-member books a DVC room, they book with Disney, (what I still refer to as CRO - Central Reservations Office). They hold about 2-3% of points at each resort they can use to book a DVC room for guests.

A DVC member booking uses the DVC inventory. Apart from very specific situations, the inventories are completely separate and cannot be mixed.

When you get your points, you can then see about booking a room with them, either online or through Member Services.

So until you make your points reservation, don’t cancel the room you have just now. If you leave yourself with no onsite reservation for more than 24-48 hrs, you risk losing your FPs.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

What resort? Most DVC resorts are completely booked out for the fall by now.

slipperalwaysfits

We don't really care what resort. We are just hoping to find some DVC availability for the week we want to go, but we can't do anything until we get our Membership number in August.

RememberWhen

We don't really care what resort. We are just hoping to find some DVC availability for the week we want to go, but we can't do anything until we get our Membership number in August.
What week /room type are you looking for? Somebody here could tell you what the availability is now. Hard to guess what the availability will be in August, but we could give you an idea of what’s there.

JaxFLBear

What week /room type are you looking for? Somebody here could tell you what the availability is now. Hard to guess what the availability will be in August, but we could give you an idea of what’s there.
Honestly, it's pointless for a member to do those kind of checks because availability changes constantly.

slipperalwaysfits

Thanks for your offer, @RememberWhen ...so much can and probably will change by the time we get our member number (Which is looking like the first two weeks of August). If Disney does start limiting capacity, I hope it doesn't affect those with current reservations and/or DVC members with current reservations. So many unknowns...

RememberWhen

Thanks for your offer, @RememberWhen ...so much can and probably will change by the time we get our member number (Which is looking like the first two weeks of August). If Disney does start limiting capacity, I hope it doesn't affect those with current reservations and/or DVC members with current reservations. So many unknowns...
Sure. Things will definitely change. We’re definitely watching and waiting to see how things go when the parks actually open up.

RememberWhen

Honestly, it's pointless for a member to do those kind of checks because availability changes constantly.
I hear what you’re saying. Generally, I am a curious person and like to see how availability changes over time.
I also don’t find it “pointless” to offer to do something for someone. I said, and @slipperalwaysfits knows, that availability will change.

correcaminos

I hear what you’re saying. Generally, I am a curious person and like to see how availability changes over time.
I also don’t find it “pointless” to offer to do something for someone. I said, and @slipperalwaysfits knows, that availability will change.
Agree to disagree. We had 2 trips cancelled this year. Even what I was looking at for July or August 2 weeks ago has changed. We decided to not reschedule until we have a firm date for if they can open. No point in looking until then to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom