Switching AP from one band to another

mbtohill

Original Poster
My DW and I already have MagicBands from our October trip to the Beach Club and our AP are synced to them. I just got a package in the mail for our upcoming May stay at the Beach Club saying that we can get new MB's.

My question is, if I deactivate the old bands will I then be able to sync my AP's to the new bands??? Seems like that should be the case.

Minthorne

All you bands just link back to your MDE account. You AP is also associated to your MDE account. You can use either band if it is active as you AP. You can also have both bands active as the room key/charge. You can even color coordinate your outfits! eeek!

RonAnnArbor

Remember -- there is nothing on your magic band except a serial number stored on the RFID chip...you can use any of your old magic bands. When they issue a new one, it just adds that serial number to the new band. Use the new one or the old one, it doesn't matter. It's just a number. The actual updated information is on their computer system, which you update at My Disney Experience.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I would think that Disney would know that I already have a set of Magic Bands and not send me a new set with each reservation unless requested as replacements.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Also with all the additional bands that some people have link to my Annual Pass, I would think that there would be a chance for a good bit of fraud with people trying to use other peoples bands.

Tuvalu

I would think that Disney would know that I already have a set of Magic Bands and not send me a new set with each reservation unless requested as replacements.
Disney doesn't care if you already have bands. Apparently it is simpler for the system to send bands with every reservation.
I personally have 5 bands, the 6th one on order.

Tuvalu

Also with all the additional bands that some people have link to my Annual Pass, I would think that there would be a chance for a good bit of fraud with people trying to use other peoples bands.
No one else can use your band for park admission since a finger scan must match. Likewise with trying to use the band for charging; a Pin code is required.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom