Switched from PORFQ to Contemporary

Raxel7851

Original Poster
New saga for resort moves.. My original stay was beginning Oct 1st at POFQ, got moved to Boardwalk Inn. They just announced that BWI will not be opening by then. I just called and got a great cast member who was amazing and fun to talk to. She was able to move me to the Yacht Club. Hopefully things go well so that I can take advantage of this amazing deal.
That’s Awesome!! I was looking at the wait times. It’s not bad at all. I hope your park reservations are all ok. Enjoy the Yacht Club!

jaklgreen

That’s Awesome!! I was looking at the wait times. It’s not bad at all. I hope your park reservations are all ok. Enjoy the Yacht Club!

I had no issues booking park reservations, maybe because it is so far out. That and my favorite parks are Epcot and AK. I will just be happy if I can go and stay at the resort just to get out of the house.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
I had no issues booking park reservations, maybe because it is so far out. That and my favorite parks are Epcot and AK. I will just be happy if I can go and stay at the resort just to get out of the house.
Nice!! Plus you scored big time with Yacht Club! I’m glad your park reservations came over as well. You’re all set!

mf1972

i think we’re going to cancel our trip. we were only offered CS & CBR, & we don’t care for the theming & size of the resorts. i also know some people who have stayed at both, & didn’t have much to say about it. we were hoping for AOA, but it won’t be open into late into our trip.
we were going to be celebrating our 20th anniversary on this trip. shame we have to cancel, but it’s not going to kill us missing a year in disney.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

We’re well aware that it’s not connected. Why would that be an issue? None of the buildings at the Moderate resorts aren’t connected either. And yes the discount was pretty hefty.
We prefer the garden wing as opposed to the main building. Its much quieter, more relaxing and peaceful. We love waking up in the morning to the sunrise. We usually have gotten the pool side view, first floor with the patio.
Well, you're walking all the way thru the CR and then some to get to your Garden Wing room. It can feel like being lost in the Sahara sometimes.
The walk from the main building to the garden wing isnt that long. we make it in less than 5 minutes. And theres a covered walkway so youre out of inclement weather.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
i think we’re going to cancel our trip. we were only offered CS & CBR, & we don’t care for the theming & size of the resorts. i also know some people who have stayed at both, & didn’t have much to say about it. we were hoping for AOA, but it won’t be open into late into our trip.
we were going to be celebrating our 20th anniversary on this trip. shame we have to cancel, but it’s not going to kill us missing a year in disney.
Oh man that’s a shame. You should still try to go for your special anniversary. I think I’d rather do CBR, than CS. Z Just my humble opinion. Are you AP holders?

newhorizons1

I called today and added a night to our Contemporary reservation. We were going to drive down most of the way and stay around Gainesville the night before our check in date. So, now we are just going to drive all the way and enjoy a full day at the resort on Saturday!

mf1972

Oh man that’s a shame. You should still try to go for your special anniversary. I think I’d rather do CBR, than CS. Z Just my humble opinion. Are you AP holders?
we’re not AP holders. i did reach out to our agent. she said she’s going to try 1 more thing, & if i’d doesn’t work, she’ll work on cancelling it by friday. we’ll see.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
I just read an article on WDWNews that the elevators at the Contemporary are only allowing 1 party in at a time. The lines are getting long. Now I’m kinda glad we got a wing room. Even if we get a 3rd floor room, it’s still an ok stair climb. I would imagine all resort hotels with elevators are following the same guidelines.

JIMINYCR

I just read an article on WDWNews that the elevators at the Contemporary are only allowing 1 party in at a time. The lines are getting long. Now I’m kinda glad we got a wing room. Even if we get a 3rd floor room, it’s still an ok stair climb. I would imagine all resort hotels with elevators are following the same guidelines.
Even when it was a normal trip it took forever to use those main building elevators. With the number of guests using them they were always loaded up. Worse so when guests are bringing their suitcases with them. And when they go to the upper floors it takes forever waiting for them to come to the lobby level.

MissViv

Ask for a room on the main floor. I did on my last visit and got it!

Raxel7851

Original Poster
Ask for a room on the main floor. I did on my last visit and got it!
Thanks Ms. V. We’ll give that a try. Plus the ground floor units in the wings have a patio you can sit out on. I remember years ago we splurged and got a ground floor room looking out over the waterway where the FW boats travel!

mf1972

i think i must have the worst travel agent ever. a month has gone by for us trying to change our reservation, & nothing has been changed yet. we’ve spoken here & there, but primarily communicate by email. i’ve about given up on the whole thing out of frustration & just want to cancel the whole damn thing. considering how things look in florida right now, it seems to be the best thing to do.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
i think i must have the worst travel agent ever. a month has gone by for us trying to change our reservation, & nothing has been changed yet. we’ve spoken here & there, but primarily communicate by email. i’ve about given up on the whole thing out of frustration & just want to cancel the whole damn thing. considering how things look in florida right now, it seems to be the best thing to do.
Maybe you should try on your own without a travel agent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom