Switched from PORFQ to Contemporary

Raxel7851

Original Poster
Well I finally called today to inquire about our September reservations at French Quarter. The Cast member, Meadow, was super friendly and said she could switch it to CBR and that was basically our only option. We’re not big fans of that resort for several reasons, so I inquired about the Contemporary. With our AP discount, we were able to get a Garden King bed room for a super decent price. We cut one day off and will stay 7 instead of 8. It will be nice to walk to the MK, limiting our time on the transportation options. We’ll just wait to see if Florida stays open. The state as a whole isn’t d

newhorizons1

I did the same thing recently. We were staying at Gran Destino instead. CBR was offered to us, but I'm just not crazy about that resort. We moved to Garden wing at Contemporary too. We are doing a split stay at Riviera. I'm looking forward to being able to walk to the MK and back with two small kids during our first few days.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
It has been a long time since I've stayed at the Contemporary. I'm really excited!
Now we just have to take a wait/see approach to our December reservations. Like a lot of other people here I’m sure, we’ve canceled 2 times earlier this year. I’d never complain because it was the right thing to do. Basically if the new reservations don’t come about, so be it. Like the song says, “There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow”!

Freshee61

Well I finally called today to inquire about our September reservations at French Quarter. The Cast member, Meadow, was super friendly and said she could switch it to CBR and that was basically our only option. We’re not big fans of that resort for several reasons, so I inquired about the Contemporary. With our AP discount, we were able to get a Garden King bed room for a super decent price. We cut one day off and will stay 7 instead of 8. It will be nice to walk to the MK, limiting our time on the transportation options. We’ll just wait to see if Florida stays open. The state as a whole isn’t d
That is awesome 😎! Enjoy!!🥳

jaklgreen

My trip is in October and I called when they opened up the phone lines. My stay was at POFQ king room. They offered my CBR also. I do not care for that resort at all after a few bad experiences staying there. Plus I do not want to ride the skyliner. I told the cast member all of this and he offered BWI. I am very happy with that. I love being able to walk to Epcot. Now if they could only reinstate park hopping.

MissViv

You will love it! I stayed in the garden wing last March and it was very quiet.

The tower is very nice but can be noisy and of course "expensive". Enjoy!

We stayed at The Contemporary a few years back. I loved everything about it except the bathroom sinks! HA! They are large square flat sinks that do not let the water go down the drain quickly enough. Even though that was the only thing I detested, I still had made reservations for this August on the Club Level. Unfortunately, with everything that is going on and having to wear a mask (flying and in park), we canceled in May. Eventually we will return when there is no need for a mask.

JIMINYCR

We stayed at The Contemporary a few years back. I loved everything about it except the bathroom sinks! HA! They are large square flat sinks that do not let the water go down the drain quickly enough. Even though that was the only thing I detested, I still had made reservations for this August on the Club Level. Unfortunately, with everything that is going on and having to wear a mask (flying and in park), we canceled in May. Eventually we will return when there is no need for a mask.
Those sinks were really a poor choice when they redid the rooms years ago. We now pack a small plastic basin to set inside the sink to make it much easier to use them. Doesnt help with the emptying of the sink as much as collecting water to shave, wash up or brush teeth.

mf1972

we’re also booked for FQ this october, & when my agent called disney about switching us to another resort, we’re only being offered CBR or CS because it’s within our resort category. if we want to be moved to deluxe, we would have to pay for it.
i asked to see if the Gran Destino Tower is available, or AOA. just waiting to hear back

jaklgreen

we’re also booked for FQ this october, & when my agent called disney about switching us to another resort, we’re only being offered CBR or CS because it’s within our resort category. if we want to be moved to deluxe, we would have to pay for it.
i asked to see if the Gran Destino Tower is available, or AOA. just waiting to hear back

Did they at least offer you a discount to try to move you to CBR or CSR? Because those rooms are usually cheaper then POFQ rooms. I know that they are all "moderate" category, but that does not make them comparable. The size and bus stop situation alone makes them different. Stick to your guns and tell them that the size of the resort is an issue for you, that is why you choose POFQ in the first place.

mf1972

Did they at least offer you a discount to try to move you to CBR or CSR? Because those rooms are usually cheaper then POFQ rooms. I know that they are all "moderate" category, but that does not make them comparable. The size and bus stop situation alone makes them different. Stick to your guns and tell them that the size of the resort is an issue for you, that is why you choose POFQ in the first place.
very good advice, thanks. as far as discount, i wasn’t told anything. i did mention to the agent we were not interested in CSR & CBR because of the size. i was told this is what disney is offering.

overall, i’m not that impressed with this travel agent. my sister recommended her after booking trips with her in the past. with the current situation in florida, we’re leaning on canceling the trip anyways was just waiting another month or so to see how things pan out & which resort we’ll get moved to.

Last edited:

Raxel7851

Original Poster
I was offered CBR resort as well. I decided to upgrade myself because 1. I’ve always wanted to stay at the Contemporary, 2. I feel CBR is way too big for us, that’s why we choose PORFQ. 3. We got a very good AP rate for the Contemporary. If the AP discount wasn’t available, I guess we would have sucked it up and went to CBR.

Herdman

We were moved to CSR from POFQ. The cast member I spoke with said that was the only resort that popped up as open for us during our stay in late October. When I looked online a few days later there were lots of options that popped up for me. I actually switched to CBR for a couple reasons. First off, our daughter just liked the theming better and since this trip is her college graduation present I switched us. But secondly, I kind of wanted to stay at a Skyliner resort for this trip. With the reduced bus capacity I thought it might be a good option to have to HS and Epcot if park capacity is increased at all. We stayed at CBR about 10 years ago, and we did not have any issues with the size of resort and enjoyed our stay there.

We'll see what we do if POFQ happens to open up.

Raxel7851

Original Poster
Contemporary is our favourite but be warned the Garden wing isn’t attached and I hope they have u a hefty discount.
We’re well aware that it’s not connected. Why would that be an issue? None of the buildings at the Moderate resorts aren’t connected either. And yes the discount was pretty hefty.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
We’re well aware that it’s not connected. Why would that be an issue? None of the buildings at the Moderate resorts aren’t connected either. And yes the discount was pretty hefty.
Well, you're walking all the way thru the CR and then some to get to your Garden Wing room. It can feel like being lost in the Sahara sometimes.

jaklgreen

New saga for resort moves.. My original stay was beginning Oct 1st at POFQ, got moved to Boardwalk Inn. They just announced that BWI will not be opening by then. I just called and got a great cast member who was amazing and fun to talk to. She was able to move me to the Yacht Club. Hopefully things go well so that I can take advantage of this amazing deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom