Switched from French Quarter to Coronado

In order to get a larger discount (25%) I switched our upcoming reservation from French Quarter to Coronado Springs. French Quarter is my favourite resort as well as my husbands and we have never stayed at Coronado. Any thoughts on the resort? Should I request a specific building? What's the food court like? We are taking our 3.5 year old with us. Hopefully she will enjoy it..

trs518

Pepper market is good, but expensive for a counter service. The pool is fun. Definitely request a specific building. We stayed at Ranchos, which you want to avoid it you plan on doing anything in the main building.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

I enjoyed my stay at the French Quarter, but have never stayed at Coronado Springs.

I can't blame you for switching, a 25% discount is pretty solid.
I'm sure you'll like CSR.
We've eaten there and walked the grounds, very nice!!!

Upvote 0

lilclerk

CSR is beautiful, but HUGE, especially compared to FQ. I stayed in the Casistas a few years ago, which wasn't too far from the main building. But even if you end up far away, there are bus stops at each section of the resort, so you can always catch a bus to the main building.

Upvote 0

bhg469

I agree the casitas are the closest to the main building but if they cannot give you that, as for a room close to a bus stop. A quick tip for you with the resort buses if you end up far from the main building. Take any bus except downtown disney and you can get a ride to the main building. They enter the resort and go directly to stop #2 then 3 then 4 and finally they return to the main building. The downtown disney buses enter in at stop #1 so you can use those to get back to your stop if you need to.

I am really jealous of you I just thought I would add that. My fiance lost her job and it but our trip to go visit her family in orlando on the back burner. She ended up with a better job but has no vacation tim at the new place. Oh well theres always next year.

Have lots of fun, and if you eat at pepper market take your food to go and avoid having to tip!

Upvote 0

dreamingofwdw

We've stayed at CSR twice and loved it! We're staying at POFQ during our next trip just to try something new. Our children were 4y and 7 months during our 1st trip there and 5y and 1 1/2y at our 2nd trip there. They LOVED it! Yes, it is big, but it was fine for us. The food was great too. We would stay there again in a heartbeat! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

CMickeyEars

We also switched from French Quarter to Coronado Springs to take advantage of the 25% discount. It will be our first time at Coronado and we're really excited to give it a try. I've been reading everything I can about it. It looks like a very pretty resort and I think we'll be pleased.
Can't wait for our trip!!! :sohappy:

Carla

Upvote 0

njBadLands

Our first two onsite visits were to CSR and my wife and I (as well as three other travel buddy couples) loved it there.

We were ready to try a Deluxe for subsequent trips, but we definitely would stay at CSR if Deluxe wasn't an option.

Upvote 0

Disney05

CSR is our favorite mod. We stay there a lot. With that discount you have, I bet they'll put you in the Ranchos. I'd like to hear what part you get when you go. Last time we were there, this past May, they told us the Casitas and Cabanas were "Preferred" rooms.

Upvote 0

IndyDisney

We stayed there in July under a similar situation, switching from CBR. Long and short of it, we loved it. Rooms were large enough for the three of us, this is moot now, but the queen beds were an upgrade from the other moderates. We stayed in a Cabana, which I would recommend highly. Were were in 8A, right next to a quite pool, 3 minutes from the Dig Site Pool, and 30 seconds from the bus stop. It was an 8 minute walk to the main building.

Drawbacks are the bus ride to MK, about 13 minutes, I wasn't a fan of having to use your KttW card to get through parking gates, and I can see how staying in the Ranchos section would be a PITA if you want to do anything at El Centro. As for the food, we didn't eat at Pepper Market, but have heard good things, and Maya Grill doesn't get very good reviews, that's all I can tell you.

This resort take a beating, but it was one of the better resorts I've stayed at and would gladly stay there again. For a crazy amount of info, check out this site dedicated to the resort

http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/

Cheers,
Indy

Upvote 0

harveyt0206

I stayed at Coronado in 2010 and i really enjoyed it. I thought the beds were so comfortable and I liked the fact that there were multiple bus stops located through out the resort. I also enjoyed their food court because it felt more like a sit down restaurant versus your typical crazy food court atmosphere. We ended up in the Ranchos section and it is a good walk to the main building. I liked the Casitas area best. Have a great trip.

Upvote 0
We stayed at the CSR last year for Thanksgiving and it's now our favorite resort! The room was wonderful! We stayed in building 8B and it was a nice walk to El Centro and also very peaceful. Outside the Cabanas building is the beach with the hammocks (we spent a lot of time there). We really like the Pepper Market and the coffee is amazing! I could go on!

Make sure that you go to Buzz2001's website. It's very helpful!

Upvote 0

ccarter30

CSR is definitely our favorite mod. In fact, we are leaving to go there in a week! We think that the Pepper Market is great and love the rooms. They have queen beds and the rooms are much larger than the other mods. Also, we have never had issues with the size of the resort. To us, it was much easier to get around and much smaller than CBR. It is an excellent resort! Let us know what you think of it! :wave:

Upvote 0

bhg469

CSR is definitely our favorite mod. In fact, we are leaving to go there in a week! We think that the Pepper Market is great and love the rooms. They have queen beds and the rooms are much larger than the other mods. Also, we have never had issues with the size of the resort. To us, it was much easier to get around and much smaller than CBR. It is an excellent resort! Let us know what you think of it! :wave:

I think the fact that it is around a huge lake makes many people think its too big when in fact the layout is really convenient. Using the buses to get around makes it even better. I would love to be there right now sitting at a bus stop listing to some flamenco guitar music.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom