Switch to Flamingo Crossings Springhill from Pop?

JohnD

I’ll make a long story short. I have a 5 night stay for Pop for $798 starting next week. Thinking about a 6th night. Total would be $999. For comparison, I can get a 6 night stay at SpringHill flamingo for $533, a $466 savings.

Here’s the conundrum: I would lose the park pass reservations for the length of my stay. I’m an Annual Passholder with rolling three days. I would retain my first three days but would lose the last four. Switch to Springhill and make a new rolling park pass reservation for the 4th through the 7th for the remainder of my stay? (No, it’s not considered a “select” resort for making park pass reservations.)

$466 is a HUGE savings for one person. I also get back free parking and breakfast.

JohnD

Original Poster
How's park availability looking for the remaining 4 days? As an AP as well, that would be my concern, not being able to get into the parks I want.

Annual Passholders look good for all parks for the 4th through the 7th. The more I think about, I should be okay. I have MK-HS-EP for the first three days. My current plans are then AK (4th), EP (5th), MK (6th), and HS (7th). AK should be available on 4th day. Everything else is rolling along. So I should be good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dad 2 M & M

Annual Passholders look good for all parks for the 4th through the 7th. The more I think about, I should be okay. I have MK-HS-EP for the first three days. My current plans are then AK (4th), EP (5th), MK (6th), and HS (7th). AK should be available on 4th day. Everything else is rolling along. So I should be good.
Those weekend days are going to be the challenge.....

Would you consider staying at Pop for the 6th night only? That would give you the extra Park Pass for both the 6th (day of arrival) and 7th (day of departure).

If my math is right, you pay a few pennies less than $25 for the guarantee....and you'd incur a hassle of having to move for that last night.....

Upvote 0

JohnD

Original Poster
Those weekend days are going to be the challenge.....

Would you consider staying at Pop for the 6th night only? That would give you the extra Park Pass for both the 6th (day of arrival) and 7th (day of departure).

If my math is right, you pay a few pennies less than $25 for the guarantee....and you'd incur a hassle of having to move for that last night.....
Hmm. Something to think about. I’ll literally sleep on it.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Original Poster
I assumed it was $111 night, but didn't consider the Premium that might be involved for a weekend night.....

Have a blast....

I’m thinking of splitting the difference. Three nights at Pop. Check in Mon. Check out Thurs. Three nights at Springhill. Check out Sun. That way I keep park reservations for Mon - Thurs for resort stay then Fri - Sun for AP (I already tested this). I think the math roughly works out close to what I’m paying now with Sat. checkout at Pop.

OTOH, it’s not like I haven’t been back enough times. Might be better to just “wing it” and enjoy that $466 savings. I wasn’t thinking about returning to HS until Sun when I have to drive home anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnD

Original Poster
To close the loop, PlanDisney answered my question.

• On Feb 25, 2021
    John from FL Asked“

I noticed that Marriot SpringHill Suites is considered a "WDW Gateway Hotel". Does that make it a "WDW Select Resort" for park reservation purposes? As an Annual Passholder, can I make park reservations for the length of my stay?”​

Hi, John! It's a pleasure to see you again here at planDisney. It sounds like your next Walt Disney World Resort adventure is only a few days away, so let's get planning!

I love being a Florida Resident Annual Passholderand being able to plan a quick getaway to the Walt Disney World Resort on the spur of the moment. And it's really fun to try something new, like staying in a hotel we've never been to before. If you're looking for options that aren't on Walt Disney World property, there's a whole list of recommendations Disney has for us. As you know, we Annual Passholders can only make Disney Park Pass reservations for up to three days at a time unless we have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, which allows us to make them for the length of our stay. I checked the Walt Disney World website and found a list of all the Resort hotels that Disney considers eligible for the Disney Park Pass benefit. Other than the Disney Resort hotels, they're all either in the Disney Springs area, Bonnet Creek, or other on-property hotels operated by a third party like the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels or the Four Seasons Resort. The Marriott SpringHill Suites isn't on the list, so it looks like guests of that hotel don't receive this benefit.

John, there are some Florida resident discounts for Disney Resort hotels going on right now if you want to think about staying on property. You can have the benefit of staying right in the middle of the magic and get all those Disney Park Passes!

But if you do decide to stay at the Marriott SpringHill Suites, Hakuna Matata - no worries! You still have a great chance of getting the Disney Park Pass reservations you want with your Annual Pass. Once you've used one of your three allowed at a time, you can go ahead and add another one. I just checked the Availability Calendar for Annual Passholders for next week, and I see lots of green right up until Saturday, when only Disney's Hollywood Studios is unavailable. So, just plan your day there for earlier in the week, and I think you should be good to go!

I hope this helps you have a fabulous Walt Disney World vacation, John, wherever you decide to make your home away from home. Please come see us again real soon!

Keep Disney Dreaming,

Kathy K.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
To close the loop, PlanDisney answered my question.

• On Feb 25, 2021
    John from FL Asked“

I noticed that Marriot SpringHill Suites is considered a "WDW Gateway Hotel". Does that make it a "WDW Select Resort" for park reservation purposes? As an Annual Passholder, can I make park reservations for the length of my stay?”​

Hi, John! It's a pleasure to see you again here at planDisney. It sounds like your next Walt Disney World Resort adventure is only a few days away, so let's get planning!

I love being a Florida Resident Annual Passholderand being able to plan a quick getaway to the Walt Disney World Resort on the spur of the moment. And it's really fun to try something new, like staying in a hotel we've never been to before. If you're looking for options that aren't on Walt Disney World property, there's a whole list of recommendations Disney has for us. As you know, we Annual Passholders can only make Disney Park Pass reservations for up to three days at a time unless we have a Disney Resort hotel reservation, which allows us to make them for the length of our stay. I checked the Walt Disney World website and found a list of all the Resort hotels that Disney considers eligible for the Disney Park Pass benefit. Other than the Disney Resort hotels, they're all either in the Disney Springs area, Bonnet Creek, or other on-property hotels operated by a third party like the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels or the Four Seasons Resort. The Marriott SpringHill Suites isn't on the list, so it looks like guests of that hotel don't receive this benefit.

John, there are some Florida resident discounts for Disney Resort hotels going on right now if you want to think about staying on property. You can have the benefit of staying right in the middle of the magic and get all those Disney Park Passes!

But if you do decide to stay at the Marriott SpringHill Suites, Hakuna Matata - no worries! You still have a great chance of getting the Disney Park Pass reservations you want with your Annual Pass. Once you've used one of your three allowed at a time, you can go ahead and add another one. I just checked the Availability Calendar for Annual Passholders for next week, and I see lots of green right up until Saturday, when only Disney's Hollywood Studios is unavailable. So, just plan your day there for earlier in the week, and I think you should be good to go!

I hope this helps you have a fabulous Walt Disney World vacation, John, wherever you decide to make your home away from home. Please come see us again real soon!

Keep Disney Dreaming,

Kathy K.
Was she ever on the Mom’s Panel? She wrote half a page before addressing your question lol! And the answer is buried at the end of the longest paragraph. On the bright side, she did take the time to check her answer.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Original Poster
Was she ever on the Mom’s Panel? She wrote half a page before addressing your question lol! And the answer is buried at the end of the longest paragraph. On the bright side, she did take the time to check her answer.

I think it’s a prerequisite to be as wordy as possible and fluff up all the magical aspects of WDW before actually answering the question. LOL.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I think it’s a prerequisite to be as wordy as possible and fluff up all the magical aspects of WDW before actually answering the question. LOL.
Oh, is PlanDisney the re-imagined Mom’s Panel? Sorry, missed where that reply had come from, I thought it was a TA. All making sense now. 😁

Upvote 0

yensid67

If you are a single guest going alone, PERSONALLY, I would go for the savings and deal with the parks! $466 is a good chunk of change.

What kind of room at what price per night did you get at SHS? Breakfast Buffet included?

Upvote 0

JohnD

Original Poster
If you are a single guest going alone, PERSONALLY, I would go for the savings and deal with the parks! $466 is a good chunk of change.

What kind of room at what price per night did you get at SHS? Breakfast Buffet included?
I decided not to rock the boat. I already have all my park reservations. Didn’t want to deal with additional hassle of making a new one every day. Yeah, WDW got me. (Shrug)

Upvote 0

yensid67

Depending on different factors for each person, to switch to off site hotel for the savings is really up to you and if you want to deal with everything that comes with changing! Even for me, with 2 adults+(depending on who books) I tend to stay off site for the savings from the start! I would love to stay on property ONCE! But due to the price , I shy away QUICK! If I had the money and PLAN TO STAY AT THE RESORT for a day or two, IT MIGHT be worth the extra costs, but just to use the hotel for a place to sleep and shower isn't worth the costs!

The choice is up to the individual!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom