Swimming in early February

mousefreak

We are planning on going to WDW early Feb 2014. My DD is a pool freak and will want to swim. I know the pools are heated, but does anyone have any experience with going to the world and being able to swim during this time of year? I know that it can get cold (by Florida standards) in Jan and Feb, but what is it typically like.

mousefreak

Original Poster
Amen brother! We're not that far from Cleveland and get that lovely lake effect snow.

I can't believe the amount of snow you can get being up there by the lake. It's crazy sometimes! We shouldn't see any snow in FL...at least I hope not. The only snow I want to see while at Disney would be during the Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

wdwstateofmind

Man, you're all way more adventurous than I. Even in March I find it hard to swim. 80 degrees air temperature just isn't enough for me to get into a pool even if it is still in the 20s/30s/40s where I'm from.

Upvote 0

armyfamilyof5

We don't swim in February but we are Southerners to the bone. Now the hot tub is a different fish entirely and with a nice warm robe to wear when we run in the house we have been known to do a little hot tubbing during the winter months ;)

Upvote 0

Toveck

You are from Ohio you have to do the pool just so you can message the pics back to Ohio friends.:p
Just do not let them know about being cold when you get out.

That's what we did when we swam in January. We sent the pictures back right away of us in the water while everyone back in Western Pa was buried in snow!

Like someone else mentioned though, have the towels ready, you're fine in the water, it's getting out that is the issue!

Upvote 0

SMS55

Late January and early February are considered the "dead of winter" in Florida. Central Florida will average about 49 degrees that time of year, but our weather is unpredictable. If we haven't had a front for a while it will be closer to 60, but then if we have a strong cold front you might wake up to frost. You won't know til just about the time you leave.

Upvote 0

bubbles1812

I was there in early February this year. Obviously the weather is a bit variable at that time but it was lovely and warm (70s to 80s) the entire time. I had no problems swimming before nightfall. Then it would get a bit chilly. But swimming up to/around dusk was great. Heated pools are nice ;)

Also, it's hilarious what people consider "cold" for them depending on where they are from. When there in February, it got down into the mid 60s one night and for the people sitting next to us from Texas you would have thought a new ice age had come with the way they broke out their heavy coats. Mom and I were fine in Tshirts as it was a warm mid 60s. It was 4 where we live.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom